PDA

View Full Version : Games these days.

Rusty
12-03-2006, 11:26 AM
After purchasing the latest in the Tomb Raider series, I've noticed that in many games these days - in my experience the Tomb Raider series - it's far too easy. Games tend to "mother you" or walk you through and some tend to lean towards a movie rather than an actual game.

I don't have a broad basis for my view, only from what I've seen in the evolvement of the Tomb Raider series. Although a great game, it's not the originals. It's not as "gritty" or exciting.

Have you found this with any other games? Do you think games these days tend to "mother" the gamer?

Cookie
12-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I agree with you Rusty, using the Dynasty Warriors as my example. I remember how challenging the third one was, then the fourth was ok, and the fifth, I can pretty much kill Lu Bu on hard mode with a base weapon. So yes, I agree, games have gotten easier. :D

Peter_20
12-03-2006, 12:13 PM
I can spend months on very short NES games, and I can finish very long PSX games in three days.

Nominus Experse
12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
It does seem as though games these days are less difficult than games of old. However, there are still some very challenging games out there, but the overall situation seems to be one of an easier type of content.

Roto13
12-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Also take into consideration that you weren't as good at games when you were 8 or whatever.

Nominus Experse
12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Also take into consideration that you weren't as good at games when you were 8 or whatever.
I thought of that, and almost made mention of it, but to this day, I find some NES to be quite difficult, even though I was 5 when playing it, and 19 now.

Of course I am better than I was 14 years ago, and can actually beat the game(s), but they are still difficult.

Another thing worth mentioning is that of the technical limitations of older games. Some of the actions made seem uninuitive, effectively making the game much harder than it ought to be.

NINJA_Ryu
12-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Up the difficulty setting

I do find some games nowadays really easy..almost pathetically on the base difficulty.

so i up it a notch or two ^^

Zeromus_X
12-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm with Nominus here. Games may not be as tough as they were before, but that doesn't mean there aren't some difficult games.