PDA

View Full Version : Class System

PyroManiak
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
The license board was fun and all.. and allowed alot of freedom.. but I think they should have incorporated some kind of class system because except for different weapons.. for the best efficiency in beating boss monsters and normal monsters ur just gonna end up with hard hitting people with all the magic with white magic bieng the most important..

The gambit system should remain untouched though because its awesome

Darknight32
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Well...... Ive come to realize that i couldnt agree with you more. The more and more your characters level, the more alike they beome until they all will just have the same exact moves

Renmiri
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Ditto to both!!!

License boards should at least be much bigger so you don't fill them all for all characters, which makes them clones of each other.

LunarWeaver
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I did not mind them being copies of each other as much as I thought I would. Their initial stats and growth and the armor you place on them really put them apart. Sure, all my characters knew everything, but one heals and does magic damage much more than the other two, and one's physical attack is much greater, and yadda yadda.

Plus, Ivalice is just a place where anybody can use anything once it's learned I guess. Ivalice is a party like that~

However, I can understand the complaint. When I first heard of the License Board system, I thought you would equip a board like an accessory and only get access to equipment/skills/stat boosts when it was equipped, and a part of me does wish they had gone more in a "forced job" direction such as that. :jess:

People who replay games a lot, like me, will appreciate that the player can force themselves into such jobs if they so choose, and I will eventually do such a thing. But not all skills are equal, and the immense customization comes off as pointless when some abilities are so vital and some are so useless, but challenges aren't for easy roads I 'spose.

Slothy
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
My characters are all different with very little overlap, especially since I've focused on three characters only the entire game. Honestly, it's not that hard to have everyone follow seperate paths for a good chunk of the game.

remnant1
12-04-2006, 02:20 PM
they had enough class system in tactics and tactics adv.my ppl were diferent with little similarities until i was done with gurviegen(pardon my spelling)and even then my charecters had there on atk styles.

Wolf Kanno
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I agree that I wish their was more of a job class system but the licence board was a pretty good idea. I feel they could have expanded it a little more and balanced out a few areas but it got the job done and the freedom it allows was a relief for once.

Crossblades
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Ditto to both!!!

License boards should at least be much bigger so you don't fill them all for all characters, which makes them clones of each other.

You DON'T have to make your characters learn every single thing that's on the board. Just make them learn specific stuff that you want your characters to learn and ignore the rest. That's what I'm currently doing

Spammerman
12-05-2006, 03:30 AM
It all depends on how you want your gameplay. You can have certain peple have certian weapons that you want. you can be tactical and have some aerial killers and some ground monsters, or have a army of mages. The license board is designed so players arent restricted to only one class or weapon per character, but a wide arsenal with varying abilites and weapons.

remnant1
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
yea i agree with what link said.the license board lets you do what you want with your charecters.YOU make the class system.

Holy Lancer
12-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah I agree that there should be a class system like in Final Fantasy V. I just equip everybody with different weapons.

Pathfinder
12-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Ditto to both!!!

You DON'T have to make your characters learn every single thing that's on the board. Just make them learn specific stuff that you want your characters to learn and ignore the rest. That's what I'm currently doing
actually u geta model 4 the sky pirates den if u do fill out de liscense board