PDA

View Full Version : Did you find the game better the second time you played it?

chrisfffan
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
i was thinking about this and i dont think theirs another game that i have played for the second time and liked it better than playing it the first time maybe it beacuse i played it on the hard mode the second time that made it better does anyone eles feel the same?

Nominus Experse
12-03-2006, 03:16 PM
With most any game that raises the level of difficulty as you play through games multiple times, I enjoyed it. In fact, I do believe I enjoyed it more the second or third time through.

I believe this is due largely in part that I knew and understood the controls and mechanics of the game. Sometimes the controls and camera are sluggish or unintuitive, largely the latter, but there are methods to compensate or cirmcunavigate such issues by learning methods of compensation.

The game was ridiculously easy in normal mode, so it was a relief to play in Hard and Very Hard. I believe this also added to playing through the game multiple times.

And it is always a wonderful thing to be able to discover the secrets you missed the first time through.

Big D
12-04-2006, 04:50 AM
With most any game that raises the level of difficulty as you play through games multiple times, I enjoyed it. In fact, I do believe I enjoyed it more the second or third time through.

I believe this is due largely in part that I knew and understood the controls and mechanics of the game. Sometimes the controls and camera are sluggish or unintuitive, largely the latter, but there are methods to compensate or cirmcunavigate such issues by learning methods of compensation.

The game was ridiculously easy in normal mode, so it was a relief to play in Hard and Very Hard. I believe this also added to playing through the game multiple times.

And it is always a wonderful thing to be able to discover the secrets you missed the first time through.Agreed in full. I'm currently playing DC for the second time (it only came out a fortnight ago:() on the highest difficulty setting, and I'm enjoying it even more.
The plot benefits significantly from repeated exposure, since (in true Square style) a lot of it is told in a disjointed, non-linear fashion with a lot of important clues revealed by tiny snippets of dialogue.

boys from the dwarf
12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
although you know whats going to happen next, i enjoyed my second playthrough on hard more than my first on normal.

i did better on some levels on hard than i did on easy because i had some experience from compelting the game already which made things fun and overall, hard mode is more fun in my opinion.

Cruise Control
12-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Being an Shooter fan, I was dissapointed by the difficulty. But on my second playthrough, I chose very hard, auto aim off. It drastically upped the fun factor.

XandrewX
12-08-2006, 12:34 AM
I never planned to play the 2nd time...

chrisfffan
12-09-2006, 12:32 AM
thats a shame u should think it over

XandrewX
12-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Well I played RPG is to know what is the story all about.Other than FF8...there's not a game I've played more than once...

Cruise Control
12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
What a sad life you must live. If you don't replay, you generally buy more games.

XandrewX
12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Come to think of it...the last game I bought was FF7 DoC :eep: it's so busy in the college although only into 2nd semester...