PDA

View Full Version : Fix it urzelf

Chemical
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
While I was out grocery shopping I lost the frigging screw to my glasses and I didn't know how else to fix it so I used a safety pin to connect the arms and frames.

What kind of shotty fix up jobs have you done?

rubah
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I've done all kinds of rigging things up for percussiontimes in band, it's kinda a prerequisite to make it in the section;]

I've used paperclips to keep the holes in my ears from growing up if I forgot to put in earrings or one fell out.

louby_4eva
12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
The only thing I've done, that I can think of, is try and fix a broken disk, resident evil CV. I'd run out of bib (the stuff that covers scratches) and because bib slightly resembled clear nail varnish.....I never played that game again. I got CVX not long after so it didn't matter too much :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Martyr
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Get contacts (and some red ink), and you'll look exactly like your avatar.

Once, in high school, the arm fell off. I only needed the things for seeing the board, at the time, so I'd pull them out and use my left hand to hold the glasses up to my eyes while I copied info from the board. So, I guess that isn't a fix, but it was a solution.

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Just the time I couldn't find any lettuce, so I made tacos with cabbage instead.

It was awful.

BarelySeeAtAll
12-03-2006, 07:01 PM
my glasses did that to me too

Martyr
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I guess I've done a lot of tying things with aluminum clothes hangers. Tied my tail pipe, assisted in the tie down of heavy things in the back of my truck (When I make my deliveries and installations), broke into cars, jigged a starter to get the truck going, cleaned the gunk out of thin steel tubing.
Hangers are definitely my ghetto rigging tool of choice. If I was old enough, I probably could have used it for an arm for my glasses.

Yamaneko
12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Just the time I couldn't find any lettuce, so I made tacos with cabbage instead.

It was awful.
What about the time you couldn't find a toilet?

Jowy
12-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I've fixed my PS2 countless times to make it work. And with the magic of cardboard, some duct tape, and crazy glue, we put a temporary fix on the hole in my friend's muffler.

finalkornfan
12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I broke in to my house with a piece of metal or somthing like a stick countless times http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM

It was awful.
What about the time you couldn't find a toilet?

So I took a whizz in your drink instead? Yeah, good times.

Drift
12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Chemical's hawt! i fixed my pen once with a lot of tape and bluetak. my physics class also created a antennae from clamp stands and clamps just so we could have the joys of morning chat shows.

Chemical
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I remember in grade 8 we made a potato into a battery source for a lightbulb.

Roto13
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
You're pretty.

My chair is currently being propped up by the holy bible, since a leg broke off.

EDIT: You kinda look like Zex's new avatar. :P

http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=17656

Madonna
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
So I took a whizz in your drink instead? Yeah, good times.If you meant a cat litter box, you would be right on the money.

Edit: Sorry, forgot the thread topic. I know that I have jury-rigged many a thing in my life, but I cannot recall any specific instances. I have, however, a tendency to break out the duct tape and baling wire.

Citizen Bleys
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
THAT WAS ONE TIME.

Vincent, Thunder God
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
While I was out grocery shopping I lost the frigging screw to my glasses and I didn't know how else to fix it so I used a safety pin to connect the arms and frames.

That's happened to me before. Sometimes if you have one of those really tiny sized screwdrivers you can get the screw it back in. And I don't mean small; I mean tiny. You can get them as precision tools for very minute screws. I'm not sure where you would go about getting one (I used my mother's, and she didn't tell me where she got it) but they do exist.

As for an example of my own shoddy fixing, nothing comes to mind.