PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tea

Roto13
12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I was looking through the album and someone's picture reminded me of something.

I spent a couple of weeks in and around Toronto in August. One day, I was on a date and we wandered into Chinatown (or whatever Toronto's Chinese district is called). There was a street festival going on (we hadn't known about it previously) so we decided to stay. As we were wandering down the street, we saw this little shop that sold something called "bubble tea. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_Tea)" Neither of us had heard of it before, so we decided to go inside. We tried it and we both instantly fell in love with it. It was mildly sweet and fruity and incredibly refreshing, and it came in a ton of different flavours. Well, we finished up and left and started wandering again, and we saw another shop that sold bubble tea. We decided it was so good the first time, we'd have some more. To keep it short, whenever we saw bubble tea that day, we bought some.

Who else has tried this delicious drink, and what do you think of it?

Rye
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I would really love to try it. ;_;

Christmas
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
It used to be very popular across Asian countries and there are stores for it all over the place.

But now the trend had died and a lot of bubble tea stores had closed down. :(

theundeadhero
You were stalking ki ki again, weren't you. She would never tell me what bubble tea was.

Roto13
Well, now you know. :P

And I was stalking Leeza.

rubah
12-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure if I have or not. If I had it wasn't anything special. If Ihaven't, I would like to.

Yuffie514
12-04-2006, 12:31 AM
i occassionally go out for bubble tea, or boba. my favorite is mango smoothie...

Madonna
12-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I frequent the Boba Tea Company and Lollicup. I enjoy green tea mango.

Ki Ki
12-04-2006, 12:45 AM
http://www.teamuse.com/images/bubble_tea_2.jpg
BUBBLE TEA YOU SAY?
One of the best drinks out there! It's like ice tea with different flavors and the 'bubbles' are like sago balls but slightly bigger.
My favorite is strawberry bubble tea! <3
The best bubble tea hails from Singapore! If you ever go there be sure to try some! :D

Christmas
12-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Taiwan, Ki Ki. :(

Ki Ki
12-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Do you want the bubbles in my tea? :(

Vincent, Thunder God
12-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Never heard of it. I don't know if that exists in Canada. I would probably try it out if it was.

~*~Celes~*~
12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
I've been to Toronto's Chinatown but I don't remember going into a store that sold it...I do remember going into a hat store and trying on several hats though :)

Roto13
12-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Never heard of it. I don't know if that exists in Canada. I would probably try it out if it was.

Read my post again. I was in Toronto at the time. :P

Shine On...
12-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Mmmm.. I have had that before, and yes, it exists in Canada. I rteally loved the first sip, but then after I found it got kinda repetitive, and threw it at an ancient Chinese master, who then proceeded to drink it. We were both happy. :)

Vincent, Thunder God
12-04-2006, 03:07 AM

:rolleyes2 I see. Well, I haven't noticed any places selling bubble tea around here. I'll try it if I find one.

Xaven
12-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Hong Kong Express (chinese food places) sells boba tea. It's only milk tea with boba at the bottom. :D

It's delicious.

Oh, and Lolicup = <3.

Edit: 2,000th recorded post. My poor life.

Moon Rabbits
12-04-2006, 03:15 AM

There are bubble-tea stands ALLLLLLLLLLL over the GTA. The best one is on the West Hamilton Mountain, they've got bubble-tea and fruit slush drinks and cream smoothie things and everything. It's all very delicious, and they make it all with real fruit (you can see them blending and mixing in the back of the stand and etc.)

Tapioca balls are <3.

Miriel
12-04-2006, 06:17 AM
They're all over the freakin' place in SoCal. I don't particularly enjoy it though. And I'm a anti-fan of boba. So yeah. I prefer smoothies.

Yamaneko
12-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Is that what this is about? Yeah, boba. Not a big fan. My uni has a smoothie place that makes 'em.

Giga Guess
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, now you know. :P

And I was stalking Leeza.

You too?! We should do coffee next time!

Bubble Tea...I had it once, but I was assured it just wasn't a good one...I'm gonna have to try a real one soon.

Levian
12-04-2006, 02:18 PM
I think I may have seen it in Thailand, or at least something similar, but I didn't taste it anyway. I'm skeptic to stuff that come in various bright colours. This does not apply to Smarties.