PDA

View Full Version : The ID scan problem on the train

opiumcloud
12-04-2006, 06:43 AM
If you talk to Jessie in the tunnels before entering the second reactor in Midgar, she says something like "I'm sorry. The ID scan problem on the train was all my fault. I tried to make yours special, but I failed."

If I understand this line correctly, it means that Jessie was actually dumb enough to express her feelings for Cloud by making him a "special" fake ID, with extra decorations and stuff that weren't supposed to be there, rather than a plain, inconspicuous-looking fake ID. If this is what the line means, then it was a good joke in the script, completely wasted on crappy, unclear delivery post-translation.

Or do you guys think this line means something else?

vorpal blade
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
You may be right. I never thought much of it, but I think she made him a special one as in making him an important official.

Timerk
12-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I thought Jessie was hawt for Biggs?

Mirage
12-04-2006, 06:56 PM
No, all NPCs want the main PC.

TheSpoonyBard
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Yep. Jessie, Priscilla, Mukki, Don Corneo... The list goes on.

opiumcloud, I think you've interpreted it right.

MasterX
12-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey, hey, hey! Corneo was into CloudINA, not necessarily Cloud, but he did want Aeris and Tifa, confirming Mirage's theory on all NPC's wanting the PC. Yes, that would make sense to attempt to make Cloud an VIP instead of other decorations to make it stand out, considering he's a criminal. But, that WAS pretty stupid of her. In the end, she ****ed herself and Cloud, but she never deserved to be killed off. I kinda liked her. I understand her having to die for Barret's inspiration, but still...Damn those Square admins...<sniff>

Spatvark
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Jessie is shown to be in a relationship with Biggs whilst Elmyra is explaining how she came to look after Aerith. But that doesn't mean they're still together by the time of the game, and even if they were, it also doesn't mean Jessie wasn't looking to play away from home.

TheSpoonyBard
12-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, Jessie is shown to be in a relationship with Biggs
I don't think there's anything to suggest it definitely was Jessie and Biggs. They could've just reused the character models.

Spatvark
12-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Well, how many other times in the game did they re-use character models? For the Shin-Ra guards and the Sephy clones, sure, but beyond that, how many times did they do that? If you can honestly show me that they did, I'll consider the fact that you might be right.

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2006, 12:52 AM
I wasn't stating it as a fact, just a suggestion.

I've been thinking back through the timeline, and Aerith's adoption would have been about 15 years ago. I don't know how Jessie and Biggs could look the same 15 years on. They couldn't be that old. Barret was only 20 at the time, and his AVALANCHE hadn't formed yet. I believe he found Biggs, Jessie and Wedge studying Planet Life at Cosmo Canyon 4 years prior to the game.

It may well be that Jessie and Biggs were in a relationship 15 years before, but I don't want to say for certain.

The black mage
12-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Well, how many other times in the game did they re-use character models? For the Shin-Ra guards and the Sephy clones, sure, but beyond that, how many times did they do that? If you can honestly show me that they did, I'll consider the fact that you might be right.
Just about every shop keeper and person in a town is reused.
It’s a trait from the sires like in ff2 the rebel troops are just rercoulred red mages. FFX you see the same kids running around each town

TRANS_AM409
12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I wasn't stating it as a fact, just a suggestion.

I've been thinking back through the timeline, and Aerith's adoption would have been about 15 years ago. I don't know how Jessie and Biggs could look the same 15 years on. They couldn't be that old. Barret was only 20 at the time, and his AVALANCHE hadn't formed yet. I believe he found Biggs, Jessie and Wedge studying Planet Life at Cosmo Canyon 4 years prior to the game.

It may well be that Jessie and Biggs were in a relationship 15 years before, but I don't want to say for certain.

i dont think barret found them in cosmo caynon because when he fiist arives in the game he says somthing about always wanting to bring them to cosmo canyon

TheSpoonyBard
12-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Barret: Cosmo Canyon... This's where AVALANCHE was born...

G3ORGE
01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't know how Jessie and Biggs could look the same 15 years on. It wasnt the best graphics ever was it? lol