PDA

View Full Version : "You can be whoever you choose to be!" ..."Superman."

DK
12-04-2006, 08:55 AM
That part of the film hits me RIGHT HERE, MAN. :cry:

Anyway yeah. There is a Disney thread, but I want to make a thread for ALL animated movies. Or at least now, none disney ones. But it counts for CG animated films too, or whatever. You get the idea.

I just watched the Iron Giant again yesterday, and that is one of my favourite films now. It's such a suave and funny film, and the Iron Giant is awesome. And the Superman :cry:

Toy Story is also qualitey, even though I haven't seen that in years.

anyway go go go

Cid Vicious
12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Is Ice Age non Disney? I don't know but thats my favourite Computer Animated Film. I love the simpleness and wit of it. That's the first one not the second, I've not seen that yet.

NeoCracker
12-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Lupin the Third and the Castle of Cagliostro, or however its spelled, I don't care to find the case right now. One of teh best animated movies ever.

Ryth
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
The Iron Giant is ace.

Riana
12-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm not allowed to say anime films am I? :(

Anyway:

Shrek & Shrek 2
Open Season
Quest to Camelot (don't laugh, I loved this as a child)Meh, that's all I can remember watching.

JKTrix
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I kinda liked Road to El Dorado when it came out. Iron Giant was great as well. I've just watched the new Ghost in the Shell movie about 3 times, it's quite good too.

Sefie1999AD
12-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I liked Robots, and I also found Hoodwinked enjoyable. I still haven't been able to watch all of Shrek or Shrek 2, but maybe some day, when I get my hands on those movies. As for other Dreamworks movies, the Prince of Egypt has its good parts, I like the story in Joseph: the King of Dreams a lot and Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas wasn't too bad. The movie Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was also pretty good, exploring Batman's dark past and inner conflicts quite well.

FallenAngel411
12-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Beauty and the Beast is still quite the classic :)

exit60b
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I just re-watched 'the incredibles' :)

I Took the Red Pill
12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
You guys already have the only 2 that matter, The Iron Giant and The Road to El Dorado.

Edit: I forgot to add it in the Disney thread so I am going to throw Disney's Robin Hood into the mix, because that was an epic movie.

BarelySeeAtAll
12-04-2006, 08:14 PM
open season was extremely funny!!

Kossage
12-04-2006, 11:28 PM
My favourite non-Disney animated film is The Land Before Time. I could keep writing essays why this film is so good, but I'll just summarize my thoughts. TLBT just has all the elements a good film needs: great animation, awesome orchestral and choral score (James Horner's best effort so far), wonderful characters, funny and tragic moments (a certain death in the first portion of the film is still one of the most moving pieces of animation ever) and a solid story. ^^

I'll list some other wonderful non-Disney animated films: The Iron Giant, The Secret of N.I.M.H., An American Tail, Balto, Watership Down, The Prince of Egypt, The Road to El Dorado, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Quest for Camelot, Anastasia. I could list more, but I think this is getting long enough as it is. xD

kikimm
12-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Whoa I haven't seen the Iron Giant in sooooo long. I think I cried during that one. But that's not very special since I cry all the time.

Anyways. I love animated movies, but now that I think about it, I usually just watch Disney ones. Princess Mononoke is a non-Disney film that is wonderful wonderful wonderful, though. Millennium Actress might be better, though. That one is crazy.

Strider
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
The Iron Giant was Warner Bros. and Ice Age was 20th Century Fox.

What about All Dogs Go to Heaven?

Riana
12-05-2006, 05:03 PM
What about All Dogs Go to Heaven?

That was a Don Bluth production.

Shiny
12-06-2006, 01:11 AM
A Bug's Life, Aladdin, Shrek and The Lion King.