PDA

View Full Version : Digital SLRs?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Can anyone reccomend a good Digital SLR camera? I'd like to get one but I've never used an SLR before so I don't really know what to look for. Any help??

(Sorry if this thread shouldn't be in here.)

Miriel
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Hmm... I think this is more Help Forum material. I think. *moves*

As for a digital SLR. It depends what your budget is, what you plan on using it for, etc.

If you're looking for something to do some casual shooting with, you can try the Canon Digital Rebel XT. It's not really considered a professional dSLR camera, but it's definitely a great camera for the more casual shooter. And it can pretty much fit the needs of most people. For anyone who is looking for dSLR camera but not looking to spend *too* much money, I think the Rebel XT is a perfect choice.

More than the body though, you need to consider lenses. I could get into a lot of detail about this if you want me to. But yeah, I would not recommend you buying the camera + the kit lense. If you're gonna buy the camera, buy the body alone and use the money you saved to buy some proper lenses.

rubah
12-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Stu's dad has a pretty nice SLR. It's a nikon something I think. I'll bother him to find out.

Keep in mind they're going to be way more expensive than your point and shoots :p

My mom got a minolta DiMage z1 a couple of years ago, which was refurbished, and it's not even really a proper SLR I wouldn't think, and it was $200. You can adjust the settings, but the control is very vague. Beats a point and shoot though.

pentax ist D apparently.

Samuraid
12-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Canon Rebel is good, and I would also recommend checking out the Nikon D40, D50, and D70.