PDA

View Full Version : Getting a gambit twice?

WinterIsComing
12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Has anyone opened a treasure chest to get a gambit they already purchased? This has happened to me before, but I wanted to know if it's a glitch or normal. Seemed kind of silly, really.

Roto13
12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
It happens all the time to me (especially now that I already have all of the gambits. :P)

Tavrobel
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
You shouldn't. If you open a treasure chest that contains a Gambit, the game will automatically replace the other possible item that you can get, usually gil. If in the instance that you DID get the same Gambit twice, it's possible that you misread the Gambit name (many of them are incredibly similar), or that you got it twice anyways, not that it affects the game in any way whatsoever.

It only means you got cheated out of the possible maximum gil that you would have gotten from that chest, plus the X multiple of 50 for the cost of the Gambit. At most, I'd say a loss of 125-700 gil.

Small problem, not-so-hilarious results.

WinterIsComing
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Hmmm...yeah, it's quite possible that I might just be reading it as the wrong name. I speed through the menus too fast sometimes. Thanks for the reply! :)

vorpal blade
12-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure it's happened to me, too. But these gambits are too simple to misread.

Ashley Schovitz
12-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Yes all the time I've obtained Foe=Weak to Water four times and the reason why is that some treasure chests only contain gambits as I've read in my strategy guide.

Moon Rabbits
12-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Yes all the time I've obtained Foe=Weak to Water four times and the reason why is that some treasure chests only contain gambits as I've read in my strategy guide.

I need some of those "weak" gambits, I've only gotten "vulnerable" ones.

But yes, this happens to me often.

remnant1
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
in sochen cave palace there are many gambit chests so if you dont have all the gambits,i'd recommend going there(they do repeat though)but if you have all of them,you shouldnt even bother geting a chest in there.sochen has weakness gambits i think