PDA

View Full Version : Whose your Summoner?

Crossblades
12-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Did you make someone a Summoner on your team when you got the espers? If so, who? I made Penelo my Summoner, and with her high Magic, she does a good job at it(Though I don't know if stats make a difference when Summoning Espers)

Roto13
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I spread them out amongst my main three party members.

LunarWeaver
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I couldn't decide which Espers to give to everybody my second time, so they're all just sitting there and I haven't taught any of them to anybody :jess:. Except Belias, because I had to. I think I'll probly split them evenly to everyone in the end, though, instead of heaving them all onto one person. I'll probly use them all a grand total of never anyway.

Tavrobel
12-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I couldn't decide which Espers to give to everybody my second time, so they're all just sitting there and I haven't taught any of them to anybody :jess:. They are all useless.

Except Belias. Because he helps out. And then I dumped him. On Vaan.

LunarWeaver
12-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I couldn't decide which Espers to give to everybody my second time, so they're all just sitting there and I haven't taught any of them to anybody :jess:. They are all useless.

Except Belias. Because he helps out. And then I dumped him. On Vaan.

There ya go, that's pretty close to what I meant. :lol:

vorpal blade
12-05-2006, 01:29 AM
All my characters are basically the same, except for the weapons. I've 4 espers now, given to all but Vaan and Fran. Belias was given to Balthier, 'cause he was closer.

They are all useless.

Indeed, but they're cool as hell to watch.

Tavrobel
12-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Cool to watch? Pssht!!

If I wanted to see something shiny and sparkly, I'd watch a spoon all day. They are so awesome. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a spoon to watch; in fact, I even got a second one today! Cost me three dollars and a pack of ketchup.

Dell
12-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Everybody gets two, Vaan gets three. I have 11 Espers now. The other two, Ultima and Zodiark are going to Vaan.

Marshall Banana
12-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Everyone gets their own Espers! =O

Holy Lancer
12-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I use Fran as my main mage and summoner. I equip her with a bow though. I don't use her for bllack magic very much, but she uses alot of white magic.

Timerk
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Everyone has at least one Esper, but I never summon unless I am goofing around or just want to check out the Final Attack animation.

I would never have my dedicated mage summon, though, because the MP cost is just too high. I would rather have someone like Basch or Balthier use an Esper, because they don't depend on their MP that much (at least in my game).

So, if you do plan to use Espers for endgame, I would give the most powerful ones to a melee class, especially if you have a character who doesn't have spell casting gambits.

:twocents: