PDA

View Full Version : Thread Traitors, Hit & Run Posters, etc.

Evastio
12-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Do you get annoyed when people make threads that they don't post in afterwards?

LunarWeaver
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I barely remember what I'm doing, let alone what anybody else has done, so nah.

Savern Volaco
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
IDK...Um...*rolls dice* (six) YAsh.....argch

Agent Proto
12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I do that. I don't really see it as "abandoning" a thread. I usually just start a thread introducing a topic and let it go its course. Sometimes I do post adding to the conversation, if I have something to add. If I don't, I just leave it alone.

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that bugs me, but I do it myself, so I can't complain :spin:

Jess
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
No. Just because they aren't continuing to post in their thread it doesn't mean that they're not reading it, so it doesn't annoy me. :jess:

DarkLadyNyara
12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
It depends on the type of thread. But not usually, no.

black orb
12-04-2006, 11:05 PM
>>> Sometimes threads get spammed, so I cant blame the people who abandon their own threads..

Tavrobel
12-04-2006, 11:06 PM
No. It's the poster's prerogative whether or not they want to reject something they've made. If anything, it's nicer that they remain somewhat detached in a casual thread. I'd probably have problems if it were an art or literature thread, or anything of the sort, not that I frequent the "use your brain" forums.

Chemical
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
An OOC post I made concerning this subject in another thread:

But what do you think: Is Devil Man sexually healthy?
Because I don't like posting even my opinions in a thread like this unless I think that the particular answers could, somehow, positively affect the thread starter. Because this is more that person's concern than anybody else's at this point in time. Or so I imagine.
See PM.

I feel that any thread automatically becomes public property and a resource for everyone to engage and create discourse. Some people may not want to be post because they feel embaressed, but they read (look at all the readers!) and they may get more from the topic than Devil Man who could have potentially started the thread with no intention of reading the results. It's possible...

Either way, I don't see a thread as belonging to a single individual. It's a community discourse and collaboration... we're using eachother to explore ideas and learn how to communicate our beliefs and feelings maturely.

Ultimately I believe the thread starter is unimportant and incidental to the discourse.

XxSephirothxX
12-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Nah, it doesn't bother me. It seems like a silly thing to be concerned about. :p I guess it would be odd with some threads, like if someone is directly asking for input about their own problem, and then never bothers to respond. But in general discussion it's perfectly fine.

Psychotic
12-04-2006, 11:13 PM
They don't have a responsibility to babysit a thread unless it's something like an RP or a tournament.

The Devil Man
12-04-2006, 11:14 PM
An OOC post I made concerning this subject in another thread:

But what do you think: Is Devil Man sexually healthy?
Because I don't like posting even my opinions in a thread like this unless I think that the particular answers could, somehow, positively affect the thread starter. Because this is more that person's concern than anybody else's at this point in time. Or so I imagine.
See PM.

I feel that any thread automatically becomes public property and a resource for everyone to engage and create discourse. Some people may not want to be post because they feel embaressed, but they read (look at all the readers!) and they may get more from the topic than Devil Man who could have potentially started the thread with no intention of reading the results. It's possible...

Either way, I don't see a thread as belonging to a single individual. It's a community discourse and collaboration... we're using eachother to explore ideas and learn how to communicate our beliefs and feelings maturely.

Ultimately I believe the thread starter is unimportant and incidental to the discourse.

QFT imho

And now I am rather disturbed that the boy Martyr is wondering whether Devil Man is sexually healthy :erm:

I feel scared :aimblush:

Yamaneko
12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
They're despicable human beings that deserve nothing more than a good caning.

The Devil Man
12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
They're despicable human beings that deserve nothing more than a good caning.

:save: LOL Yamaneko (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=66026)

Martyr
12-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I feel scared :aimblush:

Don't be.

On Topic:

I post threads and reply later in something like EoEo. In General Topics, the threads I start are more of a contribution to the community, and I only post once it's on fire. I find it kind of pathetic when I see threads on the verge of death with the original poster writing something every 3 posts (and every 6 days) to try and keep it up.

Edited for clarity. Because I know you'd die of curiosity should this particular post be lost to your absolute understanding.

Yamaneko
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
I've already taken the proper measures, but thank you for pointing that out, Devil Man.

Fuego
12-05-2006, 02:12 AM
It depens on the type of thread ... if they are sayin' really (lack of better word ***my thesaurus isn't workn' atm) stupid stuff and then someone confronts them on how dumb what they just said was or along those lines (and they fail to respond at all) ... it makes me wish that they couldn't create threads .... but if someone reply's to a thread doin' the same i really don't care >.<

Either way though ... i normaly don't post in other Threads besides game ones ... except for lately because imma sooooo bored !!!!!

Shlup
12-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Do you get annoyed when people make threads that they don't post in afterwards?

No 'cause I do it often. Sometimes a thread you make just doesn't turn out interesting.

Timerk
12-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Sometimes people are actually interested about hearing about what others think, rather than just trying to force their opinion down everyones throat.

Imagine that.

Tavrobel
12-05-2006, 02:24 AM
We can't because it isn't true.

Venom
12-05-2006, 02:25 AM
No. Just because they aren't continuing to post in their thread it doesn't mean that they're not reading it, so it doesn't annoy me. :jess:

I second this statement.

Christmas
12-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Must be those clowns that edit their own threads a few years later like this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44229)and this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=48599). :(

Dell
12-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Must be those clowns that edit their own threads a few years later like this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=44229)and this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=48599). :(

:laugh: Bad NANNY MANUS! :D

Yuffie514
12-05-2006, 07:41 AM
i rarely have a problem with it.

BarelySeeAtAll
12-05-2006, 04:14 PM
not really,although if someone doesnt answer me i get ****ed off

Quindiana Jones
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I dunno to be honest. I guess it's their thread so they don't have to go back.

NeoCracker
12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
didnt' you make this thread a while ago Evastio? But then you didn't post until someone realized you weren't planning to post? This has come up before, and It shall not fool they eyes of the people again! As its not me doing it I will prevent it!

It doesn't bother me.

Old Manus
12-05-2006, 04:26 PM
IDK...Um...*rolls dice* (six) YAsh.....argchQFT

NeoCracker
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Proof (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84162)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Well if the topic is something silly like how do you sit when you're posting in Eoff then why would you want them to hang around posting comments to everyone's answer

Xander
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Umm..no...whatever really. I agree with what mostly everyone in this thread said. I think Kris was going to make a newbie thread then never come back, but I keep poking him :bigsmile:

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
It is sort of stupid in my opinion to make a thread then not actually participate in it.

GeneralSapphire
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
i hardly ever post, let alone on my own thread so no i dont get that annoyed!

Evastio
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I can't believe none of you noticed I wasn't posting in this thread. :(

There goes your chance of breaking your last record (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84162). :(

Also...

You can't hijack my thread Flying Mullet!! :mad2:

Then again, you do have the power to since you are a Site Staff Member. :(

NeoCracker
12-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Um, Evastio, I noticed. Did you not read my proof that you had done this before. I linked the thread when you did this befiore already too.

Evastio
12-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Um, Evastio, I noticed. Did you not read my proof that you had done this before. I linked the thread when you did this befiore already too.
You did? :(

Oops. Sorry.

In that case...

Congratulations!!! :D It took 28 posts for someone to realise that I didn't post in the thread!!!!!!

You broke your old record by 2 posts!!!! :D

Zeromus_X
12-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Why would you be annoyed by that? It's up to the starter if they want to post in it or not. As long as the thread generates discussion, then all should be fine.

kikimm
12-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, he can't hijack your thread. :D No having fun while I'm around.

And no it doesn't bug me, like I said the last time you made this. ;D AND as other people have said, it would be a very unusual thing to get upset or bothered about. I can't even understand how someone would get all funky over that xD

NINJA_Ryu
12-06-2006, 01:03 AM
I go the safe route.

I intially only post the thread, and dont post my views or info until AFTER ive had some life to it.

But ive never deserted a thread. Thats inhumane.

Evastio
12-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Yeah, he can't hijack your thread. :D No having fun while I'm around.

And no it doesn't bug me, like I said the last time you made this. ;D AND as other people have said, it would be a very unusual thing to get upset or bothered about. I can't even understand how someone would get all funky over that xD
What about when someone is asking for help like that "FFVI Tell me how to play" thread? I'm still annoyed at Megalixir to this day for not using that walkthrough people posted.

kikimm
12-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Haha well yeah that's different. But I have kind of a thing with people saying thank you, maybe? Like if the person never came back to say thanks for the help I'd be kinda annoyed, probably.

Ki Ki
12-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Yes I feel like killing them with various objects. Like a dry squid. Horrible stuff.
But not really. It's not so bad if the thread creator isn't posting unless I really enjoy that posters posts. Then I get peeved. :choc2:

Little Blue
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Haha well yeah that's different. But I have kind of a thing with people saying thank you, maybe? Like if the person never came back to say thanks for the help I'd be kinda annoyed, probably.
QFT

People asking for help and then never coming back with any extra info you asked for in the thread to try and help or never saying thanks bugs me, but I forget it within minutes...

Christmas
05-27-2023, 11:48 AM
Yes, traitors and yet the administration is doing nothing about that! Such transgression will not be tolerated!