PDA

View Full Version : UK meetup in Birmingham December 30th

theundeadhero
12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
On Saturday, December 30, I will be flying into Birmingham around noon. From there plans have already been somewhat sketched out to meet a few fellow EOFFers. This is an open invitation for any of us members to come and hang out for the day. Feel free to arrive anytime, even before noon. I can simply meet up once I leave the airport. I have a room reserved at the Brittania Hotel for anyone who wishes to party into the night and crash in Birmingham.

Before anyone wishes to complaim about Birmingham and New Years again, I'm going to point out once again that the 30th isn't New Years. The 31st is :twak: <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93322">The early notice thread</a>

Riana
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh you poor dear...Birmingham is quite...

No I shouldn't say.

I live about half an hour away from there. I wouldn't be able to make it that day sorry.

Anyway just be careful at night. I'm serious. :(

The Jamie Star Scenario
12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm surprised anyone plans to do anything in Birmingham. I like to forget it is there, this thread made me remember it is 'there' and thus made me quite sad.

Loony BoB
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Before anyone wishes to complaim about Birmingham and New Years again, I'm going to point out once again that the 30th isn't New Years. The 31st is :twak: <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93322">The early notice thread</a>
Which raises the question: What are you doing on New Year's Day, hero?

yumi
12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I live in Birmingham and its not that bad, just don't have too many valubles on show. I'm back home in Swindon then but I might pop up for the day. Give me something to do other then dissertation.

DK
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
If only you were in Birmingham from the 10th to the 13th when I would be there. :(

Other than that, yeah lucky you, Birmingham is a SCUMHOEL. Almost as bad as Wolverhampton. I'm sure glad I don't live there anymore :spin:

Shaun
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
I think a meet-up in Manchester would be better for all of us. However, I will likely be on holiday from boxing day 'til early January, so it would need to be an earlier date for me.

Shauna
12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I definitely won't be able to go - but I hope whoever does go, has fun! ^__^

Psychotic
12-05-2006, 03:32 PM
As if he's going to go wandering through the scummy parts! Yes, there are parts which are not scummy. No, really, there are. No, Dan, shut up shut up shut up.

I'm going to be there because I love theundeadhero. I hope themagicroundabout will be there too.

Christmas
12-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I WILL GO!!!!!!

EDIT: Maybe not. :(

The Devil Man
12-05-2006, 03:38 PM
DEVIL MAN SHALL TOO!!!!

Edit: Maybe Not :(

BarelySeeAtAll
12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
i would go, but my mum would be all like "ah, no, you dont know hardly any of them"
i would say "thats the point, we will probly get to know each other"
she says "no"
thats the "final" word

Quindiana Jones
12-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I would go, but:

1) I can't be arsed with Birmingham! It's far too far away. Like...an hour.
2) Can't drive and none of you are really worth that much to me.
3) You're all bad enough over the net. I can't even begin to imagine how horrific you'd all be in real life. :(

Jess
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd come if my boyfriend was still as University in Warwick because I'd be up visiting, but he comes home on Friday, so I can't come! :(

I just hope that Birmingham is a better night out than Coventry because when I went out there it was absolute rubbish. :jess:

I hope you have fun in the Midlands, hero!~

Xander
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I might be going there next year! (If I can work out the crappy transport system round here...) but 30th is a bit early, sowwy, it's a loooong way. ;_;

themagicroundabout
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll be there. You have my word as a sailor.

Misfit
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
It's always so far away. >:(

Burtsplurt
12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Gah, down South again. And don't go saying that Birmingham is in the Midlands, because it's pretty much in London. I really wish I had become a Geographer instead of a teacher.

Hope everyone has fun. :)

BarelySeeAtAll
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
wow,i actually asked my mum, but she said no, its too far away, she would have actually let me!!

starseeker
12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I can only make it to meetings in London or Oxford. Sorry. :(

Cloudane
12-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Ah shame, I'll be in London I think.

Dreddz
12-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Birmingham, AGAIN !? The worst city in the UK, along side Skegness. EOFF has weird tastes.

GeneralSapphire
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
i want to go but i cant get there!

BarelySeeAtAll
12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
why not the south west of england?i can get there easily lol

Psychotic
12-06-2006, 05:41 PM
If you guys want meetups in a certain place, why not organise one yourselves?

starseeker
12-06-2006, 06:51 PM

Because we suck at organising things. That's what the staff are for.

BarelySeeAtAll
12-06-2006, 07:32 PM

too true

theundeadhero
12-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Boris No No and I are hardly staff.

So far the only people that said they would come I already knew were coming :p

Madonna
12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
http://www.akusui.net/_lynxoma/thats-sixty-two-or-so-miles.jpg

I can understand if the date does not match up, but an argument concerning distance in the UK never really qualifies. Even the truthful statement "I am not interested enough to come" would be better than saying it is too far.

That area shaded in by red is a sixty-two-ish mile radius around Birmingham. No one in the US but a kid on a bike is intimidated by that.

Xander
12-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Haha, fair point. I'm just out the red circle but its not really distance more travelling, I'm a big wimp and the thought of sorting out all the trains if I have to change and stuff, (plus despite being 21 my parents would still worry about me going that far). I think when I have more freedom I will come to as many as posssible :D

But yeah I guess maybe it's far for people for those reasons and travel cost as well can suck sometimes.. I found one thing saying it'd take me six hours to get to birmingham o_O

PS. America sure is biiig, but I bet it has more long open roads!!

Dreddz
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
But yeah I guess maybe it's far for people for those reasons and travel cost as well can suck sometimes.. I found one thing saying it'd take me six hours to get to birmingham o_O

I live way outside the red circle and its only a 5 hour train ride to Manchester. Whoever told you that lies !

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Face it. We weren't going to go anyway, even if it was in London

Psychotic
12-07-2006, 01:44 AM

too trueMeet ups have nothing to do with the staff.
Face it. We weren't going to go anyway, even if it was in LondonThen don't post in the thread you dodongo.

And as for you, XanXan....! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: OK I can't stay mad at you for long. Everyone makes a big deal about train changing before they've actually done it, but it's actually pretty simple. If you can catch one train, then there's no reason why you can't catch another.

Rye
12-07-2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.akusui.net/_lynxoma/thats-sixty-two-or-so-miles.jpg

I can understand if the date does not match up, but an argument concerning distance in the UK never really qualifies. Even the truthful statement "I am not interested enough to come" would be better than saying it is too far.

That area shaded in by red is a sixty-two-ish mile radius around Birmingham. No one in the US but a kid on a bike is intimidated by that.

Thank you, Lynx. <3 I'm sorry, but you guys complain too much about distance, it really isn't even that bad, unless you're at the top most tip going to the bottom most tip, or something to that effect. xD

<3

Sounds cool though, take pic pic pic pic pictures, guys! I love them! :)

Chemical
12-07-2006, 04:49 AM
After walking through memory lane (aka the EoFF album and by the way... Shlup you are such a beautiful bride, what a wonderful wedding, I even shed a tear. It's so special.) Anyways I've noticed that the UK seems to be more adament in their "meet ups."

Hmmm?

theundeadhero
12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I not even English, or European, and I'm going. A bloody American. It can't be that far.

Jess
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't come, although I'd quite like to as I'm up in that area quite a bit now! :jess:

Anyway, I thought I'd help those out who don't like trains very much, or are complaining about the distance. (It is a bit long to travel if you're doing it there and back in one day, but if you're staying overnight it's all good!)

http://www.nationalexpress.com/

There is a coach from Stansted that takes about 3-4hours. It also stops off at Standen, Stevenage, Hitchin, Luton, Milton Keynes and Coventry for more people to get on, if you're nearer to any of these places. It's £30 for return, for the full journey leaving from Stansted, unless you have Student card that they accept (you can order one from the website) - then you can get on for cheaper.

You can also get a coach from Gatwick (which takes roughly the same amount of time departing from Stansted). Also there is several places in London where you can depart from, including the central which is only a 2hours and 50minute journey.

There are also coaches going from all of the main cities and towns in England. [Click!] (http://www.nationalexpress.com/)

I hope this helps some of you wanting to go and thinking it's impossible to get to! :jess:

Psychotic
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
You shouldn't have wasted the energy, Jess. Even if a meetup was arranged next door to where they are, they'd still bitch and moan.

Jess
12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
You shouldn't have wasted the energy, Jess. Even if a meetup was arranged next door to where they are, they'd still bitch and moan.
You never know, Paul. You might be suprised! :jess:

Christmas
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM

I am not going to let Psychotic come near my house. :(

Burtsplurt
12-07-2006, 05:30 PM

Fair point. I've considered going a couple of times, but it usually comes down to the fact that it's a long way to go to see people who probably know each other, but who I don't know. Not that it should (or would) be a problem, but there it is. "Burt who?"

themagicroundabout
12-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Just so you know, Cz said he would probably be coming along. Unless he dies in a freak skateboarding accident or something. Which isn't highly likely, since he doesn't skateboard.

...:up:

theundeadhero
12-07-2006, 06:41 PM
That's great! Cz hasn't made on before, right?

themagicroundabout
12-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Nope, he's always been washing his hair on the particular dates previous meet ups have been held.

theundeadhero
12-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Just a reminder that this is happening tomorrow. Anyone hear anything more about Cz?

themagicroundabout
12-29-2006, 10:58 PM
He's gonna be there, brother. He's getting in on a coach, he'll be there about 12-ish.

DK
12-29-2006, 10:59 PM
As if he's going to go wandering through the scummy parts! Yes, there are parts which are not scummy. No, really, there are. No, Dan, shut up shut up shut up.

You do talk out of your arse sometimes, Paul. :mad2:

Xander
12-29-2006, 10:59 PM
So I'm a wimp at travelling and life in general, leave me alone :p

And actually my parents would probably get funny about me going off to meet internet people because, yeah, they're like that. But okay, tomorrow is a bit late, but I actually do want to come meet you guys sometime, and hopefully Iceglow's meet next year :p

But okay psypsy, I'll give the train changing thing a try. Probably gonna need to be going to Manchester a lot soon so hey, what's Birmingham? ^_^

Zeldy
12-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Ever come to St Helens and Im there, though Its hardly a popular spot. If you ever come to Manchester or Liverpool I could maybe come, but I dunno. Birmingham is waay too far for me. Its far for a 14 year for sure.

Kamiko
12-29-2006, 11:10 PM
My teleportation powers are fluctuating so I can't come. :(

sephirothishere
12-30-2006, 10:28 PM
um...i jus noticed that it was today...meh..nevermind...i gotsa go party for new years...

Renmiri
12-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Save a napkin for auction this year too :D

Psychotic
12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
I like how everyone announced they couldn't come after it had happened. :laugh: You sloppy, sloppy people! Oh, by the way, sorry EoFF. I lost theundeadhero. He's...not going to be coming back. I take full responsibility for this.

Renmiri
12-31-2006, 02:02 AM
W00T ?

Say it ain't so!

He rules :D

Christmas
12-31-2006, 09:32 AM
It was nice meeting you guys in UK. :bigsmile:

I really had a happy happy joy joy day with everyone. :jess:

Drift
12-31-2006, 10:09 AM
why did noone tell me christmas was coming? i would've came!

theundeadhero
12-31-2006, 12:25 PM
After what you did to me who would want ARRARRHGHGH :mad2:

Jack
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Meet-Up? (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99557)