PDA

View Full Version : Aaachooo!

Riana
12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
*sniffles*

This is a thread about allergies my dears. Do you have them and if so what kind?

I'm allergic to nuts unfortunately. This was a newly discovered one. I used to like carrot cake a lot, and that contains walnuts. One day I ate a piece, my throat became swollen and I was take into the A&E. Well if it weren't for my brother I guess I wouldn't be here today. *snaps her fingers in mock distress*

I tried a snickers bar and that had the same effect. :(

I'm also allergic to house dust, so you can imagine I keep my house spotless. :D

BarelySeeAtAll
12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
ok, i feel sorry for you
i dont, yet.i havent found out yet whether im allergic to anything, so for now, i shall say i am not

The Devil Man
12-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I am allergic to idiots :hyper:

NeoCracker
12-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Theres this artificial skin they use in hospitals to cover up large cuts and such, it wasn't really artificial skin, but those bastards used horrible terminology.

apperently it was made of obsite, or something, they couldn't seem to quite agree on what it was. However, I was quite allergic to it, as we learned when it was oozing through the stichs and my skin turning purple.

Did I mention I hate purple?

Breine
12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm allergic to certain kinds of rubber. For example, I can't wear rubber gloves without getting a rash and such.

... and yes, my allergy has been the source of many jokes :mad:

Bunny
12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Work, air, water, and social interaction.

Jowy
12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Bee stings and pollen.

Resha
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. I'd be too stupid to know even if I was.

aquatius
12-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Allergic to waterproof plasters.

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Luckily I have not found myself to be allergic to anything at this point.

Chemical
12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I have a nasty allergy to Cthulus.

Nope. Allergy free

Misfit
12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm not allergic to anything, unless somebody that doesn't really know me tries to offer me something that I don't want - Then I'm allergic to something.

GeneralSapphire
12-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I am not allergic that i know of and i would hate to thind out if i am!
I would hate to have an allergy because more often than not it would involve a lot of pain and maybe hospital!

yumi
12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
pollen, dust, pets, nature, air, soap, hibiscrub...
Basically anything that could give me eczema, a runny nose or an asthma attack... I love it!

Jess
12-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I get hayfever, so I'm allergic to pollen.

I'm also allergic to an acid in certain fruits, which makes my throat swell/itch, but I still eat them because if I eat them in small doses, I only get the itchyness! I avoid cucumber, though, which is how I found out about my allergy by putting some on my eyes. I looked like a puffer fish. Hopefully one day it will go away, though. :(

I have an allergy to certain metals, too. They'll make my skin come up in hives and itch, which is nasty. Finally, chlorine and sun. Unlike other people I can't jump in the pool, swim, jump back out, sunbathe, repeat and then shower at the end. I have to shower everytime I get out of the pool otherwise I get a rash where my bikini is on my skin. (Perhaps it's sun, chlorine and clothes, then?)

Some of these have been improving lately though, so I'm hoping they'll go away forever! :jess:

Rye
12-05-2006, 07:44 PM
The only allergy I have that I know of is to carpet cleaners, because I break out in hives when I'm in contact with it. Luckily we have wooden floors now. :jess:

Yamaneko
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm also allergic to an acid in certain fruits, which makes my throat swell/itch, but I still eat them because if I eat them in small doses, I only get the itchyness!
I have this too, especially with peaches. I don't like eating them because they make the back of my tongue and throat itch a lot, and it becomes hard to swallow for a while.

Dell
12-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Dust and Coffee.

LunarWeaver
12-06-2006, 05:51 AM
I'm only allergic to the medicine Codine. I popped the pill once and it felt like I was going to die. The good news is I was still in high school then, and I totally milked it to skip school for like 3 days in dramatic oscar-worthy performance.

The Real Dark Messenger
12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Acetylsalicyl acid
Some pollen in the air
Some rubber gloves
Some nuts

Avarice-ness
12-06-2006, 06:36 AM
My mom used to eat alot of shellfish then when everyone moved to Colorado she never ate it and what not. So like after 2 years of not eating Shellfish she gained an Iodine allergy, so she can't eat Shellfish and can't have Iodine put on her for surgery and such.

I'm allergic to Clozapine but would rather not talk about how I know this.
I'm also allergic to insect bites of any kind and various cherry flavorings. (Cherry 7up and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke kill my insides.)

Ki Ki
12-06-2006, 06:41 AM
I used to think I was allergic to seafood.
But thank goodness I wasn't or no Sushi for me! :bounce:

Denmark
12-06-2006, 07:06 AM
nothing. 'cept the occasional sneeze during pollen season, which i don't think counts.

Rusty
12-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Cats. Severley.

Hambone
12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Cats, dust, mold, pollen, 6th graders.