PDA

View Full Version : Nice Move Square!

Cid Vicious
12-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Was anyone else who bought the PAL version of this game completely un-shocked by the death of Aeris? Considering the back of the game case actually had a screenshot of her dead.

The first time I saw that, I remember thinking whoever that is, their either dead or dying. Then when I played the game and discovered it was a playable character, I was always expecting it. So it never came as a shock to me. The only thing that did suprise me was how early she actually did die.

Was it ruined for you too?

Psychotic
12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I've always thought that was really stupid of them, although I already knew because a friend spoiled it before I even bought the game.

Riana
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I never actually thought about it. I don't think I remember looking at the back.

You can't really assume the worst, I mean she could have been sleeping or unconscious. You have to think of all the options.

Levian
12-05-2006, 04:53 PM
The commercial on TV showed her burial too, but I forgot about it until I actually saw it happening. Still, I wasn't used to characters actually dying in games, so after she died I always assumed she'd be back near the end or so.

Here's a link to the pic we're talking about, for you crazy foreigners. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/burial.gif)

edit: fix'd link.

Jowy
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM
I bought the game and strategy guide when it came out, and they devoted a good two pages to the death scene. Guess what page I accidentally opened it up to. :rolleyes:

Christmas
12-05-2006, 05:07 PM
The commercial on TV showed her burial too, but I forgot about it until I actually saw it happening. Still, I wasn't used to characters actually dying in games, so after she died I always assumed she'd be back near the end or so.

Here's a link to the pic we're talking about, for you crazy foreigners. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/burial.gif)

Nice link, dude.

EDIT: CHEATER! :mad2:

Timerk
12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
I didn't play the game until, like, eight years after it came out, so I kinda knew pretty much everything except very specific plot points. I don't think it ruined it for be, but it obviously wasn't the same experience I would have had in 1997.

For some reason after looking at the box of the FFX and the instruction guide, I was totally convinced Auron was going to end up being evil. I was waiting for him to turn on the party the whole game.

To this day, I don't know why I thought that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
One of the American commercials (http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_game_commercial.asp?ID=1127) featured the scene as well, although it didn't spoil anything for me, since it's not particularly obvious that she's dead.

MJN SEIFER
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
I have that version,

And I suspected nothing. I didn't think meant she had died, she could have just been lying down in the water, I actually thought it was a romatic scene.

Aeris is brilliant.

cloud21zidane16
12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
i didnt really think about that she could be dead in that picture it was only after her death i went to change discs and looked at the box again and i just thought to myself, out of all the parts of the game to show they pick one of the major spoilers which dosent really show us what the games about:mad: although luckily i knew what it was about enough to buy it:p

Levian
12-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Speaking of the PAL cover, notice how all of the lower case i's are written as lower case l's in the description. Silly.

Captain Maxx Power
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I was born knowing that Aeris dies, so it was of little concern to me.

MasterX
12-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Well, it made me a bit sad to see her go. It really depends on how you view it. Many people actually enjoy having her around as an actual plot character or an awesome healer, but some people don't care either way. The shock value on a character's death/disbanding depends on how attached a person is to that character. I was saddened when Edward took that nice long nap at that city with the Earth Crystal (FF4) and I jerked a tear when Seifer betrayed the party (FF8), but when Aeris died, a little part of me died. Not only did I lose a friend, but I lost someone who could've made me invinsible during the Weapon battles... <whine> <whine>

MJN SEIFER
12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, it made me a bit sad to see her go. It really depends on how you view it. Many people actually enjoy having her around as an actual plot character or an awesome healer, but some people don't care either way. The shock value on a character's death/disbanding depends on how attached a person is to that character. I was saddened when Edward took that nice long nap at that city with the Earth Crystal (FF4) and I jerked a tear when Seifer betrayed the party (FF8), but when Aeris died, a little part of me died. Not only did I lose a friend, but I lost someone who could've made me invinsible during the Weapon battles... <whine> <whine>

That pretty much how I felt.

Nice to know there's still some "propper" people on this site.

MasterX
12-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Awww, nice to hear, but I'm just...ummm.... one person. At least I think so. (My mom says I'm 1000 people!)

MJN SEIFER
12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
I think it's good to show emotion for games/films/shows it's shows you as a person.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Someone on AOL ruined it for me years before I played the game

Kita
01-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh, I never noticed that!
I mean I noticed it but I didnt think about it..

Kanshisha
01-02-2007, 07:25 AM
tch well i only look at the back if im bored as hell

Slade
01-02-2007, 10:22 AM
A friend spoiled it for me so I already new of Aeris death. But i didn't really notice the shot on the back till about a year after purchasing the game. But yep, it was pretty stupid putting it on the back of the case.

Vivisteiner
01-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I've always thought that was really stupid of them, although I already knew because a friend spoiled it before I even bought the game.