PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF Character Theme

LunarWeaver
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh no, a favorite thread, and it doesn't even have the "u" in it. :mad2:

My favorite character themes are Vivi's, Terra's, Celes', and Aerith's. Vivi and Terra's at the top...Vivi's is very addicting to me, and it's so perfectly chipper for that cute lil' guy. Overall, I think Terra's (Tina's, oh whatever) is my favorite. I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written :jess:.

Avarice-ness
12-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Aerith's, Celes', Rydia's, and naturally Terra's. More so the Grand Finale version, it's beautiful!

Jowy
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Relm's Theme.

Roto13
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Terra, for sure. No question about it. Relm's is second, at a respectable distance.

Auron's is way up there, too.

Simen
12-05-2006, 09:13 PM
"Lulu's Theme" and "Tidus & Yuna's Theme" from FFX

Zeromus_X
12-05-2006, 11:25 PM
1.) Relm
2.) Tina
3.) Kitten Sith
4.) Aerith
5.) Celes

NeoCracker
12-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Rose of May, Beatrix's theme. It rocks hard. Along with Kejka's Prancing Mad and Kuja's theme.

Terra's is also good, can't think of anyone elses right now though.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I haven't heard of many but I'll go with Amarant (FFIX)

Sefie1999AD
12-06-2006, 02:22 PM
My favorite character themes are Aeris' Theme (FFVII), Tifa's Theme (FFVII), Cid's Theme (FFVII), Tina's Theme (FFVI, although I prefer the version played in the song "Awakening"), Celes' Theme (FFVI), Loss of Me (FFIX, aka Beatrix's theme) and Garnet's Theme (FFIX, although I prefer the version played in "Song of Memories").

LunarWeaver
12-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Damn, I forgot Beatrix. That's good stuff. How could so many forsake Vivi's wonderful theme and give the loving to Relm :cry:.

Now I wish I hadn't made this FF-specific so I could say I also love Magus' and Lucca's from Chrono Trigger. Well, pretty much all of them from Chrono Trigger, but especially those two. Of course, by saying I wish I could mention it, I just did. Oh yeah :cool:.

Zeromus_X
12-06-2006, 11:10 PM
If you mean 'Corridors of Time' by Magus' theme, then yes, that song is just about the best theme ever.

His battle theme was still great through.

LunarWeaver
12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
If you mean 'Corridors of Time' by Magus' theme, then yes, that song is just about the best theme ever.

His battle theme was still great through.

Oh yeah, I forgot to make sense. That happens to me alarmingly often. I mean Battle with Magus. I guess that's not really his "theme", but I associate that with him the most in my head.

Cruise Control
12-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Tidus.

Too bad Frog isn't from FF.

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Tina's theme, Celes' Theme, Shadow's theme, Setzer's theme, Kefka's Theme, and Relm's theme from FFVI

Aerith's theme, Tifa's Theme, and Cid's theme from FFVII

Freya's Theme and Vivi's theme from FFIX

Dell
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Lulu, Terra, Yuna, Tifa, Aeris, Cloud, Beatrix and Cid.

Sefie1999AD
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Damn, I forgot Beatrix. That's good stuff. How could so many forsake Vivi's wonderful theme and give the loving to Relm :cry:.

Now I wish I hadn't made this FF-specific so I could say I also love Magus' and Lucca's from Chrono Trigger. Well, pretty much all of them from Chrono Trigger, but especially those two. Of course, by saying I wish I could mention it, I just did. Oh yeah :cool:.

Well, I think both Vivi and Relm's themes are pretty good, though not my favorite character themes. As for CT themes, I liked Crono's theme (Chrono Trigger), Lucca's theme (Fanfare I), Frog's Theme and Battle with Magus. At least I consider them to be the theme songs for those characters since they play whenever you choose to add that character into your party.

Vermachtnis
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Cid's Theme from VII is my favorite.
I like Setzer's Theme for second.

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Celes and Relm are really awesome. Setzer's theme is pretty cool too.

-

Twilight Edge
12-14-2006, 05:14 AM
FFVII
-Aeris
-Cid

FFIX
-Amarant
-Beatrix hands down. Fave over fave.

FFX
-I forgot the themes......

Simen
12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
FFX

How could you forget them?
They are very memoriable!

Yuffie514
12-15-2006, 08:04 AM
of all the themesongs, i liked Red XIII's the most...

Sefie1999AD
12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
FFX

Not really. I think Auron's theme is quite good, and Yuna's theme is kind of sweet. Rikku's theme is pretty good too, but it's not all that memorable. Tidus' theme is decent. Lulu's theme is quite forgettable (I think it's only once played in the game anyway), and I can't even remember if Wakka and Kimahri had a theme. As for other themes, Jecht's theme isn't bad, but it's not especially good, either. Seymour's theme mostly just annoys me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2006, 11:22 PM
All the character themes in FFVI were sheer aces, and the way they were implemented throughout the game was absolutely ingenious. No game since then has really gotten it right again.

Simen
12-21-2006, 11:35 PM
FFX

Not really. I think Auron's theme is quite good, and Yuna's theme is kind of sweet. Rikku's theme is pretty good too, but it's not all that memorable. Tidus' theme is decent. Lulu's theme is quite forgettable (I think it's only once played in the game anyway), and I can't even remember if Wakka and Kimahri had a theme. As for other themes, Jecht's theme isn't bad, but it's not especially good, either. Seymour's theme mostly just annoys me.

Kimarhi didn't have an own theme. And Wakka's theme is only available
when you've bought it after finishing the game and go back to Luca.

It's kinda sad that Kimarhi was the only one to not have a theme.
He was a pretty important part of the game - especially to Yuna.

Holy Lancer
01-04-2007, 03:59 AM
Freya definetly has the best theme. If that song Out of the Frying Pan from FFX was Tidus's that would be one of my favorites but its not.

Drex
01-04-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd go with almost any character theme from VI over anything else, with Cyan's, Gau's, Shadow's, Mog's, Umaro's, Gogo's, and Celes' themes standing out from the rest (heh). Freya's is notable from IX, Rosa's Theme of Love is good from IV, and Red XIII's and Cait Sith's themes from VII were fantastic.

Lawr
01-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I like Terra's, Tidus', Auron's, and Lulu's theme(s).

Fynn
01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
FFIV: Rydia (LOVED the Celtic Moon version)
FFVI: Terra (Piano ver. rules!), Relm (liked Risa's "God's cradle"), Locke
FFVII: Vincent ("The Nightmare's Beginning" is considered his theme, right?)
(Haven't played IX though I desperately want to...)
FFX: Kimahri (I always considered "People of the Far North" his theme. It was the one that played when he battled Biran and Yenke. The Piano version is awe-inspiring), Lulu, Tidus, Auron, Jecht.

Markus. D
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Lulu's theme.

I first heard it about 2 years before I got my mittens on the game.

I was waiting about the whole game JUST to hear it.

It was so awesome n_n when it finally played.

Aqua Mage
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Auron's theme, Aerith's theme, Rikku's theme.. yeah. :D

Psychotic
01-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I couldn't really pick just one favourite (And I'm tempted to change the thread title to include a u, just to spite Lunar :D) but my favourites are Cyan, Terra, Cid (FFVII), Vincent, Yuffie, Beatrix and Auron.
Too bad Frog isn't from FF.Yeah.

Remedy
02-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Jecht theme

rubah
02-13-2007, 04:57 AM
auron's, lulu's, etc.