PDA

View Full Version : Wii

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Hey does anybody here own a Wii? I wish that I had a Wii...:( *Sigh* I tried to pre-order a Wii but by the time I got to the nearest Gamestop the pre-orders were sold out.

I didn't want to camp outside Gamestop or Best Buy for 72 hours, just to get a Wii so I decided to wait a few weeks and look for a Wii this month since Nintendo is planing on releasing four million units...but I still can't find a Wii!

I mean Jesus Christ I didn't think the Wii would be THIS popular! *Sigh* I guess while I'm waiting I should buy some Gamecube peripherals since I can't use the Classic Controller to play Lego Star Wars 1 & 2.

Markus. D
12-06-2006, 06:37 AM
n_n

it becomes available tomorow where I live.

its very exciting :)

Sephex
12-06-2006, 06:56 AM
When you guys get your Wiis don't forget to add your friend codes to my Wii friend code thread! :)

RiseToFall
12-06-2006, 07:01 AM
It's a hell of a lot easier to find a Wii than a PS3.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I think it'll be a while before I can purchase a Wii...I'll try to get one next month but I don't know if the Wii will be on store shelves or not. I'll probaby have better luck buying a Wii in March.

Well I called Wal-Mart and Best Buy and they said that they don't have any Nintendo Wiis in stock.

Fire_Emblem776
12-06-2006, 07:57 AM
Im gona try to get one for my b day.

black orb
12-06-2006, 09:01 AM
>>> I dont have a Wii, I`d love to have one but buy food in order to survive comes first..

KentaRawr!
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I have a Wii, and it's rather groovy if I do say so myself.

ljkkjlcm9
12-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I want a Wii, but I'm not going to wait in a line for hours before a store opens to get one, and I happen to know there are some going on sale in town today in... 24 minutes. But there are most likely lines there and therefore I will prolly not be getting one today. That, and all I have left in school are finals so yeah.

THE JACKEL

White Raven
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I want a Wii, but I'm not allowing myself to buy one until Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out for three reasons.

Firstly, whenever it gets released in 2007, the hype should be over by then, and I could easily go to Future Shop or where ever and pick up the system and game, and it might even be cheaper by then.

Secondly, being in my 4th year at University, I don't think it would be smart academically to get a new system in the middle of my school year.

Thirdly, it would complete the trifecta of how I've bought my systems (N64 with Super Smash Bros. and Game Cube with Super Smash Bros. Melee)

:)

Dreddz
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
The Wii hasnt proved itself to me yet, so I wont be buying one.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Care to elaborate on why the Wii hasn't proven itself to you yet?

JKTrix
12-06-2006, 07:36 PM
He shouldn't have to, it's an opinion. And it'd probably start a flame war.

Wii is mostly my 'Zelda Playing Box' right now, though DBZ is pretty darn sweet.

Clouded Sky
12-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Zelda is pretty flippin' sweet. And I'm looking forward to Elebits.

Oh. Yeah. I have a Wii.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-07-2006, 05:23 AM

Wii is mostly my 'Zelda Playing Box' right now, though DBZ is pretty
darn sweet.

I know he shouldn't have to but I was curious about why the Wii hasn't proven itself to him yet because in terms of gameplay the Wii is more innovative than the competition.

The 360 and the PS3 have brought nothing new to the table in terms of gameplay both consoles are basically just graphical upgrades. Furthermore with all due respect why are you speaking for him anyway? I wasn't talking to you.

Khaotic
12-07-2006, 08:23 AM

darn sweet.

I know he shouldn't have to but I was curious about why the Wii hasn't proven itself to him yet because in terms of gameplay the Wii is more innovative than the competition.

The 360 and the PS3 have brought nothing new to the table in terms of gameplay both consoles are basically just graphical upgrades. Furthermore with all due respect why are you speaking for him anyway? I wasn't talking to you.

Nicely said. Anyone who isn't impressed with the Wii is simply being biased and is in favor of the PS3 or Xbox360 and doesn't care to be honest about their competetion.

I had to get mine on ebay, it should be here sometime next week, already got my 1GB memory card as well. I plan on getting Zelda, Trauma Center, 2k Wii points, and then of course the sports games that come with it. That should keep me busy for awhile, and then i'll get that DBZ game, looks pretty cool with how you need to actually do like the hand motions to perform the actions in-game.

Rusty
12-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Not interested in the Wii yet. The controller looks horrible. Though I will consider purchasing one if any new Mario games come out on it.

KentaRawr!
12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
While true that the Wii is more innovative than the competition, it should be no surprise that at least a few people (comparitively, not literally 3-6) don't like or dislike the system. However, these few people do stick out like a sore thumb, considering the rest of the internet has gotten the Nintendo fanboy bug.

I have to admit that I'm not too impressed by the system at the current time. Of course, that is most likely because I only have 1 game besides Wii Sports, which is Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not to say it's a bad game, but it hardly boasts the Wii's abilities.

JKTrix
12-07-2006, 01:36 PM

I was trying to avert statements like this, which could potentially start a flame war, which would throw this off-topic (not that there is a defined topic anyway) and potentially get it locked. Some people are not very big Zelda fans. So if they don't like Zelda, the Wii wouldn't have "proved itself" to them. I'm not anti-Wii.

Perhaps Dreddz never means to start these kinds of debates, but they always spark something. I was merely trying to stomp the spark before it gets out of hand.

I finally managed to get a 2nd Wii controller the other day. I'm going to get my parents to play some Wii Sports tonight. My dad played Bowling for about 1/2 hour the day I got the Wii, but I had to kick him off cuz I was anxious to play Zelda. Should be interesting to see how mom takes to it.
And as I mentioned, that DBZ game is darn good, especially since I'm a DBZ fan. There are only 2 attack buttons, but the amount of stuff you can do with and around that is just awesome.

Roto13
12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I checked around for a Wii but I couldn't find one. Just as well. I don't have any money right now. :P

Dreddz
12-07-2006, 05:05 PM

darn sweet.

The Wii may be more innovative, but at the moment, it just looks like a different way of playing games, not a better one. And to top it up theres not many games I want to play for the system. Its just my opinion of the system, I don't criticize anyone else's views on the Wii ( much ). And JKtrix was right, I didn't mean to start a debate with my comment. Although its inevitable as im the only one judgmental about the system on this board as far as I know.

Roto13
12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
*facepalm*

Dreddz
12-07-2006, 05:11 PM
*facepalm*

Care to explain.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Like everyone else I'm going to buy Zelda since I pre-ordered it but another game I'm going to purchase is Excite Truck that game looks like fun.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
A part of me wants one and and a part of me doesn't. It depends on what kind of games it ends up getting a lot of. I'm waiting to see if it gets decent RPGs or not. It has a huge drought with a few gems like Nintendo's last two systems, then count me out :jess:. But good RPGs take a long time to make, so I have a good wait ahead of me. Zelda looks cool and all too, but Zelda doesn't make me orgasm like most folks.

Edit: But since the Wii is selling faster than gold bad faith goo, it will most likely get twice the amount of third-party support this time around and have plenty of nice games. I'll probly end up buying one...yeah :hahaha:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Here are the RPGs I know of that are currently in development for the Wii; Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn, and an unnamed RPG from Camelot.

Xander
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Out tomorrow :D But it will be sold out, I didn't preorder :cry: But I will wait :D Next year I hope I'll get one and make January a fun month!

SetoChaos
12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
My brother has a Wii. We live in a small town, only had to wait an hour before release to get it.