PDA

View Full Version : Let's try this again...

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2006, 08:15 AM
All right, since the first one was closed down due to complications (which will be the last time it's mentioned in this thread) let's try this again.

Vagrant Story. Love, hate, hopes of a sequel?

I really enjoyed this game. It was like MGS in medeval times. It's story was pretty crazy but it worked really well and I loved the way it was told. The visual styling's of the flashbacks or use of the "Dark" were well done and aesthetically pleasing.

I only hope that with FFXII done, the team will get to work on making a sequel since it eluded to one in the ending.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2006, 01:56 AM
I liked it and all, but it was too hard for me to beat. Even when all my million stat numbers seemed to be in synch for damage, I'd still be doing goddamn nothing against those bosses.

So yeah...I never did beat it. After a certain point, it became more frustrating than rewarding, and when that happens a game officially crosses from fun to a chore for me.

Basically, I'm a pussy. :hahaha:

Wolf Kanno
12-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Wow, either no one has played this game, never beat it (most likely), or has never even heard of it.

It was a good game and the ending was amazing. It takes a little while to get used to the combat system and the blacksmithing was incredibly deep. It definetly had a high learning curve...

RiseToFall
12-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Great game, but I do have to say it was really frustrating at some points.

Spatvark
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Chances of a Vagrant Story sequel are next to nil now. With Matsuno and most of his team having left Square-Enix halfway through the production of FFXII, I can't really see S-E going back to a game that didn't even sell all that way. Which is a crying shame, since it was an utterly awesome game, one of my all-time favourites.

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Interesting, I didn't realize that most of the team was gone. I knew Matsuno left half way through production of FFXII but I heard it was due to health reasons. Where was this stated? I would love to hear more since I love Matsuno.

LazarCotoron
12-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm saddened to hear that they left... I'm not surprised, though. Matsuno and his team were likely put under enormous pressure by Square to get this thing out. They may have been fired or walked-neither would really surprise me.

It seems likely the 'health issues' were typical Japanese 'saving face' bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

I just really wish Vagrant Story would've been more playable... it was a truly amazing game that I just found so hard to get into. Maybe if I had another crossbow...