PDA

View Full Version : Does the Rune Edge in the Narshe mines eventually change into something else?

Peter_20
12-06-2006, 02:04 PM
I can't find this in any walkthroughs, they all just go "...and take the Rune Edge in the treasure chest, then proceed".
Can I get the Rune Edge without losing some possible "upgrade" in the WoR?

Flying Mullet
12-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Hmm, I've never tried leaving it to see what the chest contains in the WoR. The only chests that I know of that have better items if you leave them are the chests in the cave between Figaro Castle and South Figaro.

Peter_20
12-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Hmm, I've never tried leaving it to see what the chest contains in the WoR. The only chests that I know of that have better items if you leave them are the chests in the cave between Figaro Castle and South Figaro.Yeah, and the other chests in the mines. :)

Inferno
12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
The Rune Edge changes to a ribbon. I'm not a 100% sure, but maybe 95%. I consider the rune edge is not a "must have" weapon, anyway, it is possible to steal one from Number 024 in the Magitek Factory, or even purchase one in some shop in the WOR.

PuPu
12-06-2006, 10:37 PM
I heard that due to a bug in the SNES and PS1 versions of it, the evasion bonus does nothing. It's basically not worth taking. Unfortunately I also took it when I first saw it. :p