PDA

View Full Version : Elite Beat Agents again.

JKTrix
12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
This is the best game on the DS. If you have a DS and are going to buy some game--be it Final Fantasy 3 or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin or whatever other big-name game came out recently--skip that one for now and buy Elite Beat Agents. You don't want to disappoint Reggie, do you? (http://www.mtv.com/news/?source=TLD_mtvnews.com#/news/articles/1547247/20061204/index.jhtml)

The point of this post was originally to draw attention to another Reggie interview from MTV, but they talk about Elite Beat Agents so I changed it. Seriously, and I'm sure a few other folks here can back me up, chances are you will like this game a lot once you try it.

Jowy
12-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I would, but Portrait of Ruin comes out TODAY and all. >_>

Rase
12-07-2006, 12:46 AM
This Saturday I'm going to try and get Elite Beat Agents and Portrait of Ruin. I was a little skeptical of EBA, but after watching some people play it and seeing that it looked really fun, I changed my mind.

Plus the Derek guy looks sort of like one of my friends named Derek. It's obviously a sign.

Xander
12-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm getting it at christmas! I love rhythm games! I hope it'll be fun to play on christmas day :D

Rase
12-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Okay, I just bought it today and I can fully back up JKTrix's claims. This game, while quite challenging at times, is crazy fun. The beats you have to hit fit in perfectly with the songs, and the zany stories are pretty amusing at times. However, sometime the difficulty is too frustratingly hard (for me, at least). I'm currently stuck on (what I believe is) the last level on " Cruisin' " difficulty (the level where the aliens have banned music and are turning people to stone) and can't get past the first twenty seconds of it, so I'm just trying to get an "S" rating in the other missions.

JKTrix
12-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Cool, I've converted someone :P
That is part of the last level, yeah. I can't remember if Cruisin' is unlocked before or after you beat Breezin', but if you cleared it on Breezin' you know what to expect for the last level (in terms of song structure, not the beats).

The best improvement over Ouendan is the whole 'Replay' feature. This is especially useful when you fail songs, because you can 'review' the last several seconds of what you played up until where you died. It can be quite useful.

This is still in my top rotation of DS games, the games I carry everywhere. In my DS right now is the import Jump! Ultimate Stars (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-1d3q.html), and I have EBA and Castlevania in a little 2-slot case that I stick in my pocket.

Zeldy
12-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Elite Beat Agents? Thats the American version of Quendan isnt it?

Quendan was amazing, Elite Beat Agents best had be good. Though I prefer the songs on Quendan to the likes of Avril Lavinge.

Roto13
12-16-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm getting it for Christmas, along with Guitar Hero II. (I realized I don't have any rhythm games!)

I Took the Red Pill
12-18-2006, 01:55 AM
I bought it and I must say I'm glad we have quality members like JKTrix giving such valid suggestions. I love it. :monster:

JKTrix
12-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Now approved by 2 new Agents! One of 'em even has the whole avy/sig theme going.

I'm gonna get this game for my younger cousin for Christmas. He wanted to buy a game and asked me which to get. I told him about EBA and he didn't like the idea of a music game so he skipped it. He's the type that plays the 'mainstream' games (in fact, I bought his DS too :P) and he played through Mario, then went back to FIFA. So I must train him in the way of diversity!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-23-2006, 05:15 AM
QuendanOuendan.

Xander
12-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I got it and it's so fun so far XD zany stories and I enjoy the music so far... only done a few though *plays more* I've gotten Bs so far, I was doing it on the harder level but got stuck so doing it on easy for now XD

NINJA_Ryu
12-26-2006, 12:09 AM
For me, I am hooked on the music, with all the zany tunes, but the gameplay is kinda mehish for me.

thats right, i just said mehish.

For me, i tried it out at gamespot and the sad thing is, I couldnt get past the first part, and quite frankly, i didnt know what to do half the time.

Roto13
12-26-2006, 12:40 AM
It's a really simple game. Touch whatever has a circle around it.

I got it today. I haven't played a whole lot (just three levels, I've been distracted by Guitar Hero II), but I'm digging it so far.

Xander
12-26-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm about 7 levels into on breezin' mode. Just getting used to it, and getting..a bit better at some. xD So I'll try cruisin next. Omg the dog story, how cute. XDD

Roto13
12-26-2006, 12:46 AM
It's too bad I can't watch the story scenes and play at that same time.

JKTrix
12-28-2006, 01:15 PM
That's one use of the Replay feature as well :P Beat a stage, save the replay, then you can watch the story scenes at the top.

I Took the Red Pill
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
I haven't played it in about 3 days, but that's because I think I nearly jumped off a building after the amount of time I put into the second part of the last level on Sweatin', and still couldn't beat it. I'll triumph soon, hopefully.

Roto13
12-28-2006, 04:52 PM
God, the last level is quite a difficulty jump. It took me a bunch of tries to get it right.

Commander Kahn is your new god.

lufia
12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
i finished this game in around 5 days since it was fun. the last stage was crazy, they throw in them spinning circles where you furiously spin ur stick around and then hustle you back to the beat, at the end of the level my hand was sore and my ds stick went flying across the room. the stories are funny espicially the first level. after you beat the game you get to play with different agents based on difficulty level.

fun game my childrens!

Xander
12-30-2006, 12:14 AM
The Christmassy one was quite endearing even if it did begin when I wasn't ready and I went a bit arggh. Then I aced the Good Charlotte one because sadly I really enjoy their music :D Mind you still playing on breezin' because I sucketh. This game has got me addicted to Walkie Talkie Man :cool:

Oh also, my mum was sitting next to me on the sofa when I did one of those spinny ones and she looked at me like, wtf are you doing. It's impossible to stay still and do those. XDD

NINJA_Ryu
01-27-2007, 07:04 PM
would this be too old to continue? or should a new one be made?

Roto13
01-27-2007, 07:06 PM
It's probably ok.

It's still in my DS. (Or, rather, it's now in my new DS and I haven't played another DS game since I got it. :P)

NINJA_Ryu
01-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I just got it last tuesday, and have finally beaten it on Crusin' (mothersmurfin DIFFICULT!) and now going on Sweatin' *cries* :P

But with my earlier post, scratch it. Elite Beat Agents is by far the best DS game I have played, up there with FF3 and NSMB.