PDA

View Full Version : Ironic songs

Disco Potato
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Have you ever heard a song playing over the radio/loudspeaker/whatever that was really ironic for the situation you were in at the time?

For me, on Monday, I was sitting in Jack-in-the-Box, cramming for a final the next day (I was really, really behind), and "I'm in Need of a Miracle" started to play over the loudspeaker :p

Also, in tenth grade, some of my friends and I were filming the scene for a project on Julius Caesar (the play), where Lucius plays his instrument and sings for Brutus. For some reason we used a radio instead of an instrument for the music, and the first song that came on was "Killing me Softly with his Song." It didn't directly relate to the play, but considering how lots of people kill and get killed (and kill themselves) in the play, and that Lucius was supposed to be singing, we thought it was funny :p

Jowy
12-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I got into a verbal argument with my ex-girlfriend in the car one day when "Shot Through The Heart" came on the radio. It was amusing and we both kind of laughed it off.

Roto13
12-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm listening to "Ironic" right now.

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2006, 07:19 AM
This is made even more comical by the fact that this happens in one of my favorite 80's movie "Better Off Dead"...

I broke up with my ex and went home to listen to some music, every song on every station I turned to was a depressing break up song. I remembered the scene in that movie and began to laugh. Synchronicity at work I guess...

jrgen
12-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I think all of you have misunderstood the meaning of "ironic".

Owen Macwere
12-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes, alot. it is ironic and funny. It depends on your situation though.

Bunny
12-08-2006, 05:39 PM

I started to listen to "Fate" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra while I was reading this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98142) thread.

Is that ironic? Did I do it right?

vorpal blade
12-09-2006, 12:10 AM
What about hearing Christmas songs in November? Is that ironic?

Disco Potato
12-09-2006, 04:30 AM

I started to listen to "Fate" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra while I was reading this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98142) thread.

Is that ironic? Did I do it right?

I guess I was thinking of the Alanis Morissette kind of "ironic" when I made the thread. A better phrase to use might've been "humorously coincidental" but everyone seemed to get the point of the thread anyway. I don't really care whether the situation was coincidental or genuinely "ironic," but that the song playing was funny in the context of the sitatuation. And now I've probably killed the thread :p

DarkLadyNyara
12-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Once a friend was picking me up, and she was almost an hour late. Don't remember the name of the song, but the line playing when I opened the car door was "Don't hate me forever/ I'm better late than never..." Fun times. :D

vorpal blade
12-09-2006, 09:58 AM
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" in a supermarket in the desert.

fantasyjunkie
12-10-2006, 03:43 AM
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" in a supermarket in the desert.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ROFL!!!!!!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-10-2006, 04:57 AM
I was listening to 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' and there's this part in the song where he sings 'Haven't you people ever heard of..closing the god damn door, no!' While closing the door in my room. Is that ironic? :bigsmile:

The Unknown Guru
12-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I was listening to "Time Is On My Side" while rushing to finish a 200-point lab report.

Spammerman
12-12-2006, 02:09 AM
lol at the above 2.