PDA

View Full Version : FFX Movie?

Simen
12-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys. Did Square (SquareEnix) ever consider to make one?
Would've been awesome since FFX has such a great storyline.

Little Blue
12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Not to my knowledge, but you can get bootleg dvd's of every cut scene in the game, but they're not endorsed by SE and are illegal. They did originally consider making a X-3 though if that's any consolation, but that idea was quickly dropped for some reason.

RiseToFall
12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
I think the game itself was cinematic enough. It told the story perfectly and added great gameplay to the mix. If they did make a movie, all it would be is a summary of the game.

KasaiDraco
12-06-2006, 10:42 PM
The movie should be, if they did make one, should be about Shuyin and Lenne in Machina Zanarkand.

lufia
12-06-2006, 10:53 PM
movie would be great. the advent children storry ff7 was good but lacked a good story so move along ff7 and give ff10 a go. :) :)

who is Shuyin and Lenne ?

Little Blue
12-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Some quite important characters in X-2

Bahamut2000X
12-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Wait you mean FFX was a playable game? I could of sworn it was a movie what with the hours spent watching the screen at a time.

But yeah I say no to an FFX movie. There's much better and more popular FF's they could do a movie of before hand. Such as FFVI, another VII (Finally show us some of the better characters in action next time hopefully >.<) or FF IX.

But alas, I'ld still veto any directly based video game movies. Resident Evil, Doom, and Tomb Raider should of been an indication that video games should never be made into a movie. To date I say AC and Super Mario Brothers were the only decent video game movies.

RiseToFall
12-07-2006, 02:09 AM
To date I say AC and Super Mario Brothers were the only decent video game movies.

I hope you're joking.

Bahamut2000X
12-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Well I liked it. >.> It's inifinitly better then Tomb Raider and Resident Evil in my opinion as well.

Tavrobel
12-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Street Fighter and the first Mortal Kombat, please. RPGs are already enough of a movie; is it really necessary to indulge? You hit, maybe three buttons during the entire game. D-Pad up, Triangle, and X.

Besides, graphics, cinematics, and everything else just get in the way.

Bahamut2000X
12-07-2006, 03:48 AM
Street Fighter and the first Mortal Kombat, please.

I knew I forgot something. Street Fighter if I recall wasn't half bad, but I saw it when I was like 7 so I sort of forgot a lot of it. Never seen Mortal Kombat all the way through so can't say if it was bad or not. But yeah most of the newer ones since Tomb Raider and Resident Evil have just been god awful. It's just so hard to make a video game movie not suck it seems. But I still have high hopes for Tetris the movie someday.

Simen
12-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Stay on topic, guys.

VengefulRonin
12-10-2006, 02:30 AM
FFX is practically a movie anyway with the insane amount of cutscenes in it, although i certainly would have liked to have had more AMVs because those were gorgeous.

Sooo...no, X shouldnt be turned into a movie because what can they possibly do with it? And after that horrid excuse for a sequal, i'm not sure i want X to be bothered again. Its good the way it is, leave it alone.

KasaiDraco
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
It's FMV, not AMV. Yeah, speaking of the FMVs, most of them were stupid. Like, most of the FMVs were showing Sin or the Airship. Booooring.

VengefulRonin
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
It's FMV, not AMV. Yeah, speaking of the FMVs, most of them were stupid. Like, most of the FMVs were showing Sin or the Airship. Booooring.

Oops, my bad, i wrote it wrong >_< Although there are a plethora of stupid X AMVs on youtube, makes it hard to find actual FMVs when i want to...

I liked most of X's FMVs though, especially the begging ones and the one where Sin blows up all those people on that beach, and then the airship one where everyone is skating down the chains. That scene is SO ridiculous, but its totally cool to watch xD

atlanteay
12-13-2006, 12:37 AM
are you saying it WASN'T a MOVIE?! but but the large amounts of tidus' annoying voice in the thing i was watching definitely made it look like a movie :eek:

Bahamut2000X
12-13-2006, 04:52 AM
are you saying it WASN'T a MOVIE?! but but the large amounts of tidus' annoying voice in the thing i was watching definitely made it look like a movie :eek:

Ahhh you ripped of my early post but reworded what I said. I call plagerism. We must now fight to the death using sporks!!! Have at you!!!!

Although there are a plethora of stupid X AMVs on youtube, makes it hard to find actual FMVs when i want to...

They still got the AMV's up there? They keep taking off all the ones I liked involving general FF. >.<

atlanteay
12-13-2006, 06:09 AM

Ahhh you ripped of my early post but reworded what I said. I call plagerism. We must now fight to the death using sporks!!! Have at you!!!!

lol, that's paraphrasing. but i'm sorry if i took your post since i didn't bother to read anything in the topic besides the first post. as for the fight... SPORK FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!!

and to not be off topic, i thought they were already making a FFX movie? like some french site confirmed that or something...or maybe it was a hoax

Bahamut2000X
12-13-2006, 06:15 AM
i didn't bother to read anything in the topic besides the first post.

Whoa that's what I do in like 99.9% of all the threads out there. Your like an evil goateed twin of me. >.>

and to not be off topic, i thought they were already making a FFX movie? like some french site confirmed that or something...or maybe it was a hoax

I doubt it. I mean it was a french site saying it. <.<

Besides as people already said, there's no reason for any more FFX, there was too much to it as is. Best to just let it die before it goes overboard.

atlanteay
12-13-2006, 06:18 AM
argh! an evil twin >.< i'm watching you O.O

but imagine the movie with them.... just imagine yuna and tidus with their TERRIBLE voices on the big screen! :eek: XP horrible thought. The game had an happy ending though so they should move on to working hard with FF13.

Mirage
12-13-2006, 07:10 AM
The movie should be, if they did make one, should be about Shuyin and Lenne in Machina Zanarkand.
Why, we all know what happened to them :p.
The only thing I could see that being about, would be some sappy movie about how much they loved each others :(.

Dr.M
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Not to my knowledge, but you can get bootleg dvd's of every cut scene in the game, but they're not endorsed by SE and are illegal. They did originally consider making a X-3 though if that's any consolation, but that idea was quickly dropped for some reason.

(lol, i love your sig ;D) aww....they dropped it...they suck! lol.

Little Blue
12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
(lol, i love your sig ;D) aww....they dropped it...they suck! lol.

So I heard, yeah... (Thanks :D)

Tabris
12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Personally, I would love for FF-X to be released as a movie. Either the storyline from the game, or a completely original plot from Spira. But that is of course due to me being a FF-X supergeek. ;)

Shin Gouken
12-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I would love either a spin off or movie focusing on braska auron and jecht. I would love to watch/play their journey

CimminyCricket
12-18-2006, 07:45 PM
If not a movie, then a third game.
NOT about, tidus, paine, rikku, or yuna.
All about Shuyin and Lenne.
their past story, about the war with Zanarkand and...that other place...starts with a B....*shrug* meh, but yeah. and make it so that it doesn't completely suck... don't change the battle system keep it the same as 10 ...everything the same as ten really. Make it an exact spin-off of ten. yeah...that'll do...that'll do.

and/or about what the guy/girl above me said. that'd be sweet. Two stories in one! :cD ...that'd do great!

Vivisteiner
12-19-2006, 02:59 PM
No. It would be a waste. FFX was a great game. They should leave FF titles alone. I dislike spin-offs (FFX-2) etc.

Why not focus on making more and more new amazing FF titles? Instead of recycling old characters + worlds.

RoxasLeonhart
12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
No that would be a bad idea beacuse every game movie made so far suck really bad

shakka
12-20-2006, 01:52 AM
I think it would be awsome

Simen
12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
No that would be a bad idea beacuse every game movie made so far suck really bad

But this one wouldn't!

Bahamut2000X
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
But this one wouldn't!

How do you know? People said the same thing about FF: TSW, and it bombed big time.

N8V_Tidus25
12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
as long as they don't make any dramatic changes I think a movie would be nice.

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 01:07 AM
I heard there was an anime summarizing the game anyway. I'm dying to find out if it's true.

Little Blue
12-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I doubt it very much... but I might be wrong...

Rosenti
12-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey guys. Did Square (SquareEnix) ever consider to make one?
Would've been awesome since FFX has such a great storyline.

FFX has the best storyline of them all! ITs my fav FF! OW yeah!

*step and turn, left hand out and right hand on croch, upwards motion and " SHALOMA, eeiiihiie"*

Hambone
12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
If they did, it'd probably be like FFVII:Advent Children in the sense that it wasn't realeased in theaters.

tidus_rox
12-31-2006, 04:47 AM
YES YES YES!! THIS WOULD BE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love FFX! And I could see the opening scene now.

*camer going through clouds and the words "Square Pictures presents.."* *Next, all the peoples names come across the screen that made the movie* *Now, A bullet comes flying across the screen and it quickly revelas that it is showing the war with the machina. After the 10 minute scene is says "ten years later" (or whatever) and the story plays out from there*

play-on-4eva
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
yea i liked what they done with ac and i liked x and sort off x-2 so a film based on braska would be really cool

Firo Volondé
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I vote against a movie idea, because I like FFX. I don't want to see it tread down the path of FFVII. One sequel/spin-off is quite enough. (Wish it could be a more worthy sequel, but nothing I can do about it.)

NeoCracker
01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I won't read the whole thread.

However Super Mario Brothers is a funny movie. I'd watch it again.

And if they ever make an FF X movie, I am going to slaughter the entiratly of the FF X fans who would by the movie, that way they will loose massive amounts of money, teaching them all a lesson they will never forget. Don't mess with this Fan or he will screw you over.

pinkmage
01-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I think it would be a waste of time tbh as much as i love the game

but it would be awesome to see (either voicing of real time acting) Laurence Fishburne (Morpheous from the Matrix) playing auron. that would kick some serious ass he would be perfect!!

:D

Rocket Edge
01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow, that would be a great Idea. FFX in particular would make a great movie. They should have done a movie instead of ff10-2.

N8V_Tidus25
01-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Fans? doubting Square?... very crooked.

A movie with no dramatic changes would be good, as long as the story is the same story, that braska idea sounds great, ffx-3 a movie about braska, jecht and auron could very well be a masterpiece for the fans and it would also encourage others the play the FF-X, so I would think it to be a great idea, square has some great story lines I think they could pull it off.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2007, 12:40 AM
hmm.....One movie. It can't be a prequel. It has to be awesome enough to undo the damage X-2 did (though personally, I liked it) and it probably shouldn't show in theaters like SW did. and NO MORE after that

tidus_rox
01-08-2007, 01:11 AM
I am going to write Square about this topic. Hey, we all should. I am not kidding. All in favour of a FFX movie should write Square and beg them to make it.

I just need to find out there adress which shouldnt be too hard...

Rosenti
01-16-2007, 01:34 PM
FFX has the best storyline ever! out of every game in the world. Im usally a tough guy, and a game has never ever affected me that much

Edge7
01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
A movie remake of a game would be awesome, but a sequel would suck

chrisfffan
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
do u mean a remake of the game as a film with real actors? or a film like advent children with computer characters?

Little Blue
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Either way, since the majority of FFX was FMV and cutscenes, chances are such a film would be an awfully repetative rehash of the game. (Also, who'd they dress up as Kimahri if it were live action. :p)

A sequel would also suck. Perhaps if they set it in Spira, chronicalling ancient Spira for example or the Machina War, it might be worth watching. I would prefer a CG film though, as long as they put more effort into the story than making sure each strand of hair behaves.

chrisfffan
01-18-2007, 11:51 PM
i don’t see the point of films like advent children i think games should be games and films should be films if they made a spin off story from X into a film with computer graphics you would want to play the game if its a film with special effects and real actors like star wars its more appealing.

hplvr
01-19-2007, 12:28 AM
no.... this shouldnt be made into a movie
think about it, if they really make a movie, it would be really boring, all they do is go from place to place and and do crap, like what are they going to do with the places like the moonflow and stuff
dont get me wrong, i love ffx, its a really good game and i dont want it ruined becasue square enix made it into a movie
the reason i like ac, it that it takes place in a few places, and its not all traveling and crap
so i say no, dont make it into a movie, spoiling it once again after X-2