PDA

View Full Version : That Spinny Effect

Evastio
12-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Does anyone miss that spinny effect when you're on the airship and you're going to the Underworld?

It was in the SNES Version but in the GBA Version it was changed to a sinking effect.

Zeromus_X
12-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Yes. :(

They should've just left the airship's animations and what-not the same. It seems to move slower now.

Evastio
12-07-2006, 02:54 AM
I kind of like how it's slower. I can land the airship quicker and more precise because of it.

But I would've preferred it if the airship's speed could be controlled somehow.

boys from the dwarf
12-07-2006, 07:52 AM
yeah. you can go around the world in about 10 seconds and the moon in much less.

i do like the spinny effect when going to the underworld though.

Captain Maxx Power
12-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Spinning to enter any small hole is neither technically suitable or safe. Really, what kind of impression are we giving the small kiddies by making out that it's OK to pilot airbourne vehicles in such a manner? It's damn well irresponsible! I'm glad they changed it quite frankly.

Sephex
12-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Spinning to enter any small hole is neither technically suitable or safe. Really, what kind of impression are we giving the small kiddies by making out that it's OK to pilot airbourne vehicles in such a manner? It's damn well irresponsible! I'm glad they changed it quite frankly.

Yes. This...makes sense.

Evastio
12-07-2006, 10:25 PM
But the spinny effect is fun. :(

Zeromus_X
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
It's a video game. I don't really care about it being too 'realistic' or not. xD

And the spinny animation is alot better than the airship taking five minutes to enter the underworld. >_<

Evastio
12-07-2006, 10:39 PM
It's a video game. I don't really care about it being too 'realistic' or not. xD

And the spinny animation is alot better than the airship taking five minutes to enter the underworld. >_<
Yeah. I didn't like how the GBA Version felt slower than the SNES Version.

Nominus Experse
12-08-2006, 03:22 AM

Yeah. I didn't like how the GBA Version felt slower than the SNES Version.
But those five minutes allow me to grab a sandwhich...

It is slower, but it hardly bothered me. If I am logging forty or more hours into a game, then a few more seconds is not going to get my knackers in a twist.

Cruise Control
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Y'all complain overmuch.