PDA

View Full Version : Hell gate flames

true_bacon22
12-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Ok Ive been trying to get this loot hell gate flames(as a part of getting Tournesol) but ive been killing cerberuss for hours(which is supposed to drop it_ and i havent gotten anything ive tried stealing with and without theif cuffs havin diamonf bangle and im at 100 chain for gods sakes is there some special way for them to drop it?

ZodiarkTheTadpole
12-07-2006, 03:25 AM
1. Make sure you have the grimoire for whatever creature that cerberus (beast is it? don't know off the top of my head) is.

2. I got my hell gate's flames using the poach technick. Get the cerberus down to critical health then use poach.

hope that helps.

skillzboy4
12-07-2006, 03:51 AM
I think your missing the beast grimoire if your not getting it, other than that you got to be patient getting the loots to get tournesol because the scarliette one is a pain in the a$$

nik0tine
12-07-2006, 05:58 AM
That's strange. I found those relatively easily and in a decent quantity. Perhaps you are missing a grimoire or something? I don't know.

true_bacon22
12-08-2006, 06:32 AM
i finaly got 2 after a total 268 chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had the grimores and everything skillz boy thats weird i got a scarlit only after killing 4 tutle guys

what pisses me off is i have to spend another amount of countless hours getting the flames and scarlit etc ill try the poach idea .

i think square-enix is high 3 f ing of those things god damn

vorpal blade
12-08-2006, 09:03 AM
I got 2 of 'em my first trip through the Feywood, and I wasn't even hunting. But I had the proper monograph, so that helped.

remnant1
12-08-2006, 02:12 PM
what loot do u need for turnesol?

Northcrest
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I've done all of these advice and I've only gotten 1 Hell's gate flame with a chain of 158! Please tell me that there is more better and easier ways to get the item. Yes I have all of the grimoires.

gudkid
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
chaining them with patience helps... :D

Northcrest
06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I just reached 250 with still only having 1 Hells gate flames.

lte
06-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Hell gate flames are a monograph drop, which means chaining the mobs doesn't affect the drop rate (which is by the way 5% for drop and 5% for poach. So poaching isn't really the best idea to be honest). Oh and the cerberuses replace the other dogs (forgot name) 40% chance each, so from 100 chain of these mobs, only 40 average are cerberuses. Personally I didn't chain them, I killed the golems too since it doesn't affect hell gate flame drop chance.

Northcrest
06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Here is the walkthrough for the tournesol guide on gamefaqs

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Tournesol Guide by KoE_Hades (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/47747)

Shiva_
06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
First, you need the Hunter's Monograph as others suggested. To make this available in the bazaar, if you don't have it yet, go speak with Gatsly in the Muthru Bazaar. The monograph is 18000 gil.

On my first playthrough, It took me until a 670 chain chaining both Tartaruses and Cerberuses in the Walk of Stolen Truths in the Feywood before I got all of the Hell-Gates Flames I needed. This was with the monograph. I read that chaining just Cerebuses is better although doing the Tartaruses as well helped to get the chain level higher. A Tournesol guide (one posted on a forum) I used had advised to chain Tartaruses as well, but people had reported results with chaining just Cerberuses.

As lte mentioned, increasing the chain level doesn't increase the drop-rate for "monograph drops" as they drop at a fixed rate.

One thing to try would be to chain just Cerberuses and don't chain more than around 30 of them. Touch the save crystal at Antiquity's End, and then zone south below that to Redolent Glade. After that, go back and chain around 30 again.

I hope this helps.