PDA

View Full Version : This game is great and I hate it

Avarice-ness
12-07-2006, 05:19 AM
So I hadn't played this game for two years 'cause I was terrified of the future. o o

But Yesterday I picked it back up and have been playing and I'm now right after the whole Zeal thing and now the kind hates me and I've obviously screwed time up in terms of... If I'm jumping time, time shouldn't be changing... Unless the queen died with in the same day as the fair, but I'm just confused.

Anyway, I love this game, but I hate going back and forth in places.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CHRONO TRIGGER!

Bahamut2000X
12-07-2006, 06:14 AM
But Yesterday I picked it back up and have been playing and I'm now right after the whole Zeal thing and now the kind hates me and I've obviously screwed time up in terms of... If I'm jumping time, time shouldn't be changing... Unless the queen died with in the same day as the fair, but I'm just confused.

Just say, I hate time travel, and be done with it.

But anywhos I liked the game, it had an interesting battle and tech system. The characters were pretty nifty, and the whole time travel concept was fun and nifty to see all the different time zones for the same areas. Over all one of the better SNES RPG's I say.

edczxcvbnm
12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
One of the best games ever. So much fun with an awesome story.

Psychotic
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Chrono Trigger is the best SNES RPG that I've played, although I'm not going to claim I've played many. The graphics and the music were great for a SNES game, and of course the gameplay's not too bad either. The main selling point, though, has to be the story and the characters, my favourite of those being Frog/Glenn.

The only thing that I wasn't keen on was the way you had to fight the same enemies again if you had to go through an area more than once. It got repetitive.

Avarice-ness
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Chrono Trigger is the best SNES RPG that I've played, although I'm not going to claim I've played many. The graphics and the music were great for a SNES game, and of course the gameplay's not too bad either. The main selling point, though, has to be the story and the characters, my favourite of those being Frog/Glenn.

The only thing that I wasn't keen on was the way you had to fight the same enemies again if you had to go through an area more than once. It got repetitive.

Frog/Glenn = :heart:

And yeah I'm getting tired of that too, but it's okay 'cause I just end up killing them off quickly instead of actually trying to pretend I'm going to loose. :razz:

Jowy
12-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Chrono Trigger is my favorite video game. The music, characters, and storyline engross me into another replay about once a year.

And I'm still on the edge of my seat every time I go to forthwith to slay Magus and restore honor. <3

Zeromus_X
12-10-2006, 07:38 AM
It is a wonderful game, and much like FFVI, gets a replay every year. And ditto what Eric said about Magus.

My favorite part of the game would have to be...well, the music is definitely up there. Some wonderful character tunes, and memorable area music. It's a top-quality SNES game. But I also just love all the little poses the characters do, there's alot of sprites for each character that portray different things. :p :cat:

So, basically,

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I loved getting all the ending's. The hardest one still has to be the ending where Crono talks (The Girls Rate the Male Cast of CT Ending). I could never quite get when you had to fight Lavos to get it.

The game also has so many wonderful scenes and quite possibly the greatest plot twist in RPGs.

Laddy
12-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Great game, good battle system, okay story, bad time traveling, horrible Robo! (Die, crappily named Robo!) *unplugs Robo*

VeloZer0
12-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I wasn't very partial to Robo, I though he looked kind of dumb. I would definitely rate this as my #1 favorite SNES game. Magus is one of my favorite video game characters ever.

The Unknown Guru
12-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Chrono Trigger is the best SNES RPG that I've played, although I'm not going to claim I've played many. The graphics and the music were great for a SNES game, and of course the gameplay's not too bad great. The main selling point, though, has to be the story and the characters, my favourite of those being Frog/Glenn.

Pretty much. Also, if you play it way too much (like I do), then you eventually learn how to completely avoid fights. I can run right through most dungeons without a single fight.

Zeromus_X
12-13-2006, 03:17 AM
I used to know how to avoid alot of battles. I don't know if I still remember all the ways to avoid enemies any more, though.

Crossblades
12-13-2006, 04:19 AM

Don't forget the awesome cast of Characters:) Magus FTW!

Zeromus_X
12-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Magus is wonderful, but nothing can compare with Lucca.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Lucca20-20Status.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Lucca20-20Glasses20Front.gifhttp://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Lucca20-20Laugh20Front.gifhttp://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Lucca20-20Nod20Front.gif

Reeno the Alchemist
12-14-2006, 12:01 AM
i love it but i hate it what i mean is a great story but i just dont want to play it its too annoying i get that wway with chrono cross but that may be because ive beatin it 22 times 0.o

Eiko Guy
12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Haven't finished it yet even though I get close everytime and mysteriously my game disappears

chionos
12-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Definately one of the best games of all time. I wish there were more chrono games. Chrono Cross was also great, but not as good as Trigger and I think that if they kept making them, they'd even surpass Trigger eventually.

VengefulRonin
12-23-2006, 10:07 AM
I love this game ^_^ It had such good characters (except lucca, i hated her), the story was great, and i loved how you could actually choose when to beat the game and could get different endings. Only other game i've seen that did the time thing well was Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

Peter_20
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I love this game, but I always feel totally uneasy in the 2300 AD period.
A particularly uncomfortable scene would probably be the execution plant in the Geno Dome. :eek:

MikeL Valentine
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
It's a great game surely the best of SNES.
The thing I hate as most of us is that thingy with the time travel, going to past is ok but going into the future too, that sucks. :mad:
Anyway the fighting system is quite good and the graohics too.

Dreddz
12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
The games good, has the best ever soundtrack for a video game, and every else is done moderately well. I was disapointed with the game though, maybe it was the hype that surrounded it, but I just didnt feel that it was that great a game. I have no intentions to go back to play through the game again.

Im one of the few who actually prefered Chrono Cross.

McLovin'
12-31-2006, 04:54 AM
I also prefer Chrono Cross. Storyline got me. But the characters didn't.