PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play is why crazy people live today

Avarice-ness
12-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Wow that's a long title.

So tomorrow, I'm suppose to work for 5 hours from 1pm to 6pm. But my dad went gambling the other day and is in a drawing in which we can win 100-1000$ an hour or a car in this little roullette thing. Well I happen to be wonderful good-luck at gambling at such, so I get to go with him! Saddly we have to be there at 7pm! Which means we get to leave at 3! Which means my schedule isn't going to work out.

WHICH MEANS!!! I'm going to forcive-ly change my schedule tomorrow by comming in at 11am and working till 2:30pm.

Has anyone else forcively changed their work schedule the day of work and clocked out earlier than suppose to? What are you're feelings on people who do that? And do you think we'll win money?! :razz:

Yamaneko
12-07-2006, 06:49 AM
I work at the university and they're pretty accommodating because they know and are obligated to make priority for my classes.

Avarice-ness
12-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Well that's conveintent. I'm just tired of 'working' with an over staffed store because I end up just wasting a day and getting paid for it then coming home exhausted because I have no energy.

So I figure'd I'd waste the morning then go on a road trip and play some slots and hopefully win that raffle thing. :razz:

Chemical
12-07-2006, 06:53 AM
I work at the university and they're pretty accommodating because they know and are obligated to make priority for my classes.

Same.

I make my own schedule.
I work for library services as the archivist and basically I take inventory. I have a certain amount of hours I can use up/semester so as long as I use them all up I'm A OK.

Martyr
12-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I am also very lucky, but I've never rearranged my work schedule to gamble.

I have, however, rearranged many schedules, or ignored them, even if my employers are rigid, because I have a dream of being a freelance writer, and possibly some kind of speriority complex, and basically I've never worked anywhere where I'd care one way or another whether or not they're pissed at me.

I do whatever I want.

I'm awesome and indispensable. What are they going to do? Fire me? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
It's always more worth it to deal with me than to lose me, because my awesomeness far outweighs whatever inconveniences i cause.

You see, what I usually want is to do an awesome job...

black orb
12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
>>> Gambling is a great idea for family activities, and get closer to your loved ones..
Too bad I dont do that anymore.. :[

About the topic, I make my own schedule of doing nothing and laziness.. *feels important*

Little Blue
12-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I only ever leave early because of dentist or doctors appointments, otherwise my timetable is pretty much out of my hands...