PDA

View Full Version : That's kid stuff!

fire_of_avalon
12-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Up until recently, as far as I know, Coca Cola was the largest distributor of consumable goods in Mexico. In fact more people drink Coke in Mexico than they do water. I remember going one time to Mexico City to visit my grandmother and aunt, and seeing a mother give her baby Coca Cola out of the bottle.
So that reminded me something I did as a kid. My sister had one of the versions of a Betsy Wetsy doll in which you fed her a liquid from a bottle, and she would pee it out. My sister was three or four at the time, and would "feed" the doll a "bottle of milk" (soda is the one i remember) then suspend the doll over a glass, until the doll "peed". Then she'd drink it.

I was horrified that my sister was drinking urine. I was seven at the time.

I was also convinced, until I was about ten years old, that your "feelings" were a real, physical part of your body, located just below your knees.

What strange ideas about the world did you have when you were a young'un? Why did you have those ideas and where did they go?

Xander
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I thought a thesaurus was a dinosaur...but it still makes sense :confused: And I guess I realised what it was/someone told me xD Umm.. I don't remember what else.

~*~Celes~*~
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I used to think that all a guy and a girl had to do to have a kid was kiss ^^;

Rye
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Those are cute, foa. xD <3

When I was little, about 5-ish, I went on a boat a lot to go fishing. We'd always pass those small green stretches of plants in the middle of the bay, and I'd be CONVINCED that we were passing Greenland. xD

Shlup
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
foa... something is clearly wrong with you.

Miriel
12-07-2006, 11:08 PM
I used to think that all a guy and a girl had to do to have a kid was kiss ^^;

I totally thought that too!

Yamaneko
12-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I believed in God, but then I started using my brain.

XxSephirothxX
12-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Things like that are hard to remember. I had a friend who told me some school busses had flat fronts because they had run into brick walls, but I didn't believe that one. :p Once I cut my head open, forgot I had a skull, and was terrified my brain was going to slide out of my head. And I remember when I was really little, I would wave at myself whenever people said goodbye, because that was how I always perceived it. :D

Little Blue
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I was a really geeky kid who thought that the milky way was just the solar system.

See, reeks of a lost childhood...

Jigsaw
12-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I used to think that raisins were produced by crushing beetles. They've made me wretch ever since!

GenjiEnkil
12-08-2006, 01:14 AM
I thought robots were real when i was little (It was all megaman's fault haha)

And When I saw a blinking red light in the sky on christmas night(It was a light on a tower) I thought it was rudolf haha

Roto13
12-08-2006, 01:16 AM
I was also convinced, until I was about ten years old, that your "feelings" were a real, physical part of your body, located just below your knees.

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard! XD

nik0tine
12-08-2006, 01:21 AM
I used to think that the soul was located in ones back, right where the spine is.

~*~Celes~*~
12-08-2006, 01:23 AM
I used to think that the soul was located in ones back, right where the spine is.
XD no way! I always thought that too :)

Once, I hit my shin on a tree stump and it turned white because of the skin cells dying, and I thought it was my bone showing...I freaked out.

VengefulRonin
12-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I used to think girls didnt have vaginas...or anything...in front. So all they had was their anus...so i suppose that would mean girls have cloacas? o_O I cant remember any other strange things i believed, although i'm sure there were plenty.

NINJA_Ryu
12-08-2006, 03:34 AM
I thought that my stuffed animals hair would grow back like a normal animal.

I weep for my mutilated comrades....:(