PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of crazy things did you do?

~*~Celes~*~
12-07-2006, 11:06 PM
This is inspired by FOA's thread "That's Kid Stuff!"

When you were a kid, what kinds of crazy things did you do?

When I was a kid, I had a HUGE imagination. I could always find something to do to keep myself busy, no matter where I was. My friends (who were all boys due to lack of girls in my neighborhood who were my age) were pretty much the same way but I was the most imaginitive of all of us. Once, we took a bunch of plywood and made a big square that had an open back and a bit of an opening at the front. We called it our spaceship and we'd fly to different places in it. I was the navigator, my friend Wesley was the captain, and I totally forget what Ethan and my brother were ^^; So it was my job to touch "buttons" (various parts of the plywood) and make us go to our destinations.

So what did you do as a kid that was strange?

Jigsaw
12-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I used to eat sand because my older brother told me it would make me grow into a robot.

snacks
12-08-2006, 04:03 AM
This is way before anyones time, but there was a show on American TV based off of Tic Tac Toe, and a certain square would produce a "dragon" that would pop out. I watched the show all the time knowing the dragon would come, and run and hide whenever it came out.

I guess that's not really crazy, but I didn't do much as a kid but play nintendo. :D

Miriel
12-08-2006, 05:52 AM
I used to jump off the second story balcony of my house onto a pile of pillows below. :D

I also used to eat imaginary food. And I actually convinced myself that I was getting full and stuff. It was bizarre.

Araciel
12-08-2006, 06:16 AM
used to have a room in our basement that was a play room for my sister, me, and all of our friends...there was a high table in the middle of the room so we would put blankets all around and turn it into a tent. then we'd turn off the lights, shut the door, and pretend we were camping...could have camped in the backyard but we always played in the daytime so this was a way of making it dark like night time!

Yamaneko
12-08-2006, 06:20 AM
I jump out of aircrafts without a parachute.

vorpal blade
12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
My friend and I would choose to walk laps around the schoolyard rather than play sports after school, 'cause it gave us time to play our imaginary games (which usually involved saving the worlds).

I was prohibited from playing video games before 10:00a, 'cause I'd get excited and to a "video game dance."

Not being allowed to read was a punishment for me.

Jebus
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I used to eat chunks of limestone I found in the field behind my house.

Tasted like chalk.

Martyr
12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I grew up alone and kind of without friends (unless I was at school), out in the farmlands. I had an acre of groves and an acre of field and, when my parents didn't know, entire blocks of wild world to explore.

I pretty much had entire worlds imagined and mapped out in which I'd have all kinds of insane adventures climbing trees, catching lizards or whatever, building odd things for imaginary purposes far beyond their real life capability... Sometimes my dogs would help me bring the ring to Mordor or slay Kraken or perform in worlds of my own invention...

If I try it now, people say that I'm wierd. When I did mmove into a neighborhood, I found out that nobody else ever wanted to do it with me, which sucked. So I stopped doing it. Big sacrifice for the sake of being with people, but I guess it was worth it.

I turned out to be a pretty strange individual. I'm still overly imaginative with the derranged surreal idea about optimism and yet extreme pessimism that a child might have, but I get along better with people 24-44 years old because they're the one's I've had the most interraction with my whole life.

Kinda sucks, because I had to fight a lot to make it to 20.

people are suckers

NeoCracker
12-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I ate Nuts I found on the ground, and I'm talking the little metal nuts that go with Bolts. Oddly it never got me sick.

Bunny
12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I used to jump off <s>the second story balcony</s> of my house <s>onto a pile of pillows below</s>.

I used to play chicken with my friends while both of us rode bikes. I never lost. I never won either. Bike chain got wrapped around my shin once. Didn't stop me from doing it again.
I used to play tackle football on cement with people that were twice my size.
I used to play No Rules Basketball on cement with those same people.
I used to race cars on foot. Always lost, never gave up.

Edit: I used to gather scorpions, centipedes, and milipedes and put them in a box or large container so they could fight to the death.

Nominus Experse
12-08-2006, 12:57 PM
I found dead animals and brought them home to play with, like dolls or action figures.

I drank the butane out of a lighter I found whilst eating sand.

I had a strange fascination with throwing pinecones backwards.

I used to take the plastic milk crates from the nearby school, stack them up as high as I could, and then proceeded to run into them full speed while on rollar blades. I did this for hours.

I used to pick my scabs and eat them.

I used to believe that Jurassic Park was real, and that there was a T-Rex in my yard.

I believed that God could talk to my through the knotholes in trees. I had to spray them with water first, and then he would talk.

I used to pee into those plastic easter eggs, close them quickly, and then go outside, depositing my urine on certain plants. I thought I was "blessing" them

I remember I put a dime up my ass.

My three-wheeler was a boat on land. I really don't know how that one worked...

I ate LEGOS when younger.

I used to travel the block, looking for as many of those "roley-poley" bugs I could find. Once I had a good handful, I would find a wall. I then proceeded to take each individual bug and hurl it as hard as I could against my new-found wall.

I thought Tuna was immortal.

And my father convinced me that Star Wars was real, and the Russians were the Empire.

Mitch
12-08-2006, 01:05 PM
I found dead animals and brought them home to play with, like dolls or action figures.

I used to take the plastic milk crates from the nearby school, stack them up as high as I could, and then proceeded to run into them full speed while on rollar blades. I did this for hours.

I used to believe that Jurassic Park was real, and that there was a T-Rex in my yard.

I believed that God could talk to my through the knotholes in trees. I had to spray them with water first, and then he would talk.

I used to pee into those plastic easter eggs, close them quickly, and then go outside, depositing my urine on certain plants. I thought I was "blessing" them

I used to travel the block, looking for as many of those "roley-poley" bugs I could find. Once I had a good handful, I would find a wall. I then proceeded to take each individual bug and hurl it as hard as I could against my new-found wall.

And my father convinced me that Star Wars was real, and the Russians were the Empire.

No drugs, huh?

Nominus Experse
12-08-2006, 03:56 PM

No drugs, huh?
Not until I was 13 or so.

Martyr
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah, I used to break into my dad's tool shed and grab the quickdry cement. I'd half fill a bucket of water, dump a bunch of lizards and snails and whatever inside, pour in the cement, and then I'd let it turn to cement and play "archaeologist" the next day.

Dad had to start hiding his buckets from me.

Nominus Experse
12-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah, I used to break into my dad's tool shed and grab the quickdry cement. I'd half fill a bucket of water, dump a bunch of lizards and snails and whatever inside, pour in the cement, and then I'd let it turn to cement and play "archaeologist" the next day.

Dad had to start hiding his buckets from me.
God, that made me laugh...

I Am Stoner
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I can't remember much of my kidness stuff, but I remember I used to enjoy walking down to the woods at the bottom of my road with my mates and we'd play war with BB guns, it was fun, although we used to come back with bruises on our cheeks and neck. Also, I remember for some reason I really, really liked to eat the curry on a wednesday for school dinner. It was wierd, kind of like fruity with a beef taste to it. :skull::skull::skull::skull: I do remember quite a lot.

Polaris
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Ate sand! :lol:

GeneralSapphire
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I have always had a big imagination and still do, i used to eat raw pastry and go mad!i still do except the pastry bit, lol

~*~Celes~*~
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I also used to play "Jungle" with my friends...they had a space between their house and the neighbors' that was nothing but dirt and some weeds. It was fun :)

Little Blue
12-09-2006, 12:48 AM
The most imaginative thing I ever did was probably pretending I was a sausage roll about to be eaten by a giant. I used to roll myself up inside the quilt off my bed instead of going to sleep and pretend I was being eaten by somehow dragging my legs up to my chest whilst still inside the quilt and then I'd roll around cos I couldn't shrink any further and the giant had therefore eaten me all up.

I needed a better imagination as a kid, and still do :D

Renmiri
12-09-2006, 02:14 AM
I was prohibited from playing video games before 10:00a, 'cause I'd get excited and to a "video game dance."
Awww!

Me and my kids have several "Video Game dances" :D and a "Victory screech" for when mommy pwns badass bosses

yumi
12-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Getting drunk by drinking my mum's perfume was pretty crazy. That and trying to put my cat in the oven.

Meat Puppet
12-09-2006, 02:53 AM
I played a lot of Doctor, if you count that as crazy or strange. I know that I did get into a lot of trouble for it.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. If I can remember anything later on I’ll edit it in.

Jojee
12-09-2006, 04:52 AM
I used to play in the dumpster behind our apartments :p

...What, everyone did it ^^