PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 2 Classes

The Triumphant Hero
12-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I just finished Disgaea 2 (call it laziness, lack of time, bad luck, or the unexplainable fact that none of my characters got above lvl 50 before chapter 13), and wanted to know - for those of you who play - what is your favorite class? It can be main char or not. Mine would have to be Prinnies in terms of coolness, dood.

Zeromus_X
12-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Beauty Queen. :) :cat:

But for regular classes, I like the Skulls*.

*How could I forget what the name was? ;__;

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-08-2006, 02:21 AM
There are a lot of fun classes.

Adell is a great class because of his final attack, which murders just about any fire-weak enemy on the board.

Etna, now that she's been fixed, has some great attacks that are actually worth using. In the first game Etna was pretty nerfed because she had some of the worst special attacks and was good with one of the worst weapons. She definitely shines in Disgaea 2.

Yukimura has good attacks, but it's irritating that you can't get Midare Fubuki until the very last chapter. That attack makes her so much better.

Laharl-sama will be awesome since he has all his old attacks. I just have to get him. Plus he's Laharl-sama. And Laharl-sama is always awesome.

I've noticed that the Sinner class seems to have a good percentage of team-up attacks, which is nice. The polar opposite of the Majin class, which is terrible at team-up attacks.

I have a certain special love for the Beast Master, because it helps me level up my monsters that much faster. That, coupled with the fact that I ran the beast master, my skull, my mage, my druid, and my cleric through all the spellcasting classes so that they all have every Tera spell and every healing spell, as well as several support spells, and they're definite favorites of mine.

Otherwise, it's more about the weapon. My male warrior is an axe wielder, my ninja is a spear wielder, my ronin is a sword wielder, and they all are pretty good with said weapons.

Markus. D
12-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Sinner Class for power leveling purposes.

and probably the Mages.

The Triumphant Hero
12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't think I ever used the Sinner class, since I already had Adell and 1 male and 1 female ninja. As for Adell, in the last four maps, his Triple Strike was doing more than his final attack. And with the mages, every time I reincarnated them, they did less damage. As in, my lvl 30 red skull did 200 damage to fire-weak enemies before reincarnating, and when he got to level 30 again, he only did 5. I like the prinnies and such because of the attack radius of Pringer Beam - those are the only situations where I could really hit more than one enemy.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
It's nice to have more than one person with each weapon class, which was the initial draw of the Sinner. I have about two people with each weapon right now (barring staff, which I have 5 of).

The best way I've found to level up mages is as follows:

Send them through the cleric path.

Unlock stage 1-4 of the Dark World.

Get them Omega Heal.

Go nuts. Stage 1-4 of the Dark World has 8 skulls and mages at around level 84 standing on one big platform. They don't move, and the platform has reverse damage. I tend to reincarnate and put all my points into Intelligence, if you level your guys up to about level 80 with this method they should be able to reincarnate at the genius level each time. Send them through the cleric, then the red, green, and blue skull/mage, then send them through star skull/mage up to level 100. Make sure that they have enough proficiency in all the spells you want to keep (1 use should do it), and you'll have a caster with access to basically all the spells. Do this again and bring them up to somewhere between 80-100 and you'll be doing well.

Another good place to level is Cave of Ordeals 1, which I've been doing a lot recently. Destroy the 4 Geo Symbols, have two people throw two more people near the null Geo Symbols and throw them on for 100% experience gain, and then take out the archers as you see fit. Guaranteed several levels, epecially if you have a beast master Wild Grooming your monsters. When you aren't gaining levels each kill, pass a "stronger enemy" bill. Prefered method is to have Rozalin or a Sniper shoot the geo symbol, so it's good to have them at high level so they can take it out in one hit.