PDA

View Full Version : Water powered cars

Peegee
12-08-2006, 03:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6CnNc3CFU&eurl=

What turned out to be a cheap way of powering a blowtorch can possibly become a pollution free means of powering..well, anything! I think it's amazing, and definitely expect that Japan will look into incorporating it if it becomes viable technology.

On the other hand, will USA follow suit, or will we see another instance of 'who killed the electric car' ? I don't have a lot of faith in your major corporations personally...

Shlup
12-08-2006, 04:00 AM
That man is a freaking god.

oddler
12-08-2006, 04:52 AM
That man is god.

Now we're talking.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-08-2006, 05:08 AM
This makes me thirsty. I hope it won't take away my favorite drink.

Kirobaito
12-08-2006, 05:14 AM
I saw a commercial for an AquaCar once but it was unfortunately interrupted by a commercial for Jack in the Box's Steak-n-Cheddar Ciabatta Burger. :(

Dr Unne
12-08-2006, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6CnNc3CFU&eurl=

What turned out to be a cheap way of powering a blowtorch can possibly become a pollution free means of powering..well, anything! I think it's amazing, and definitely expect that Japan will look into incorporating it if it becomes viable technology.

On the other hand, will USA follow suit, or will we see another instance of 'who killed the electric car' ? I don't have a lot of faith in your major corporations personally...

He said he applies electricity to water to produce a gas that he can burn. Where does the initial electricity come from?

Gasoline works because the work of converting it into a form of stored energy has already taken place over millions of years; we just pull oil out of the ground and use it up. Not so with this guy's gas; we have to use energy to get something we can then burn for energy. If it takes a whole lot of energy to produce this gas, it's not necessarily going to help with our world-wide energy problems. The initial electricity this guy used to produce his gas via electrolysis most likely came from a nice big polluting electric plant. In that sense it's probably LESS "clean" than using raw electricity to do something, because some of that electricity is almost certainly wasted (as waste heat) to produce his gas.

Or it may be that this guy pulled off some kind of miracle, who knows. I'm no physicist. I'll believe it when I'm driving a water car around town.

Yamaneko
12-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Urine-powered car would be more appealing. Everyone would be drinking Gatorade as a sort of 91 octane premium.

vorpal blade
12-08-2006, 09:19 AM
this is "new?" I heard about something like this in chem class 2 years ago. A car that emisses only water, which you can actually drink at the end of your trip.

At any rate, the US government should (and had damn well better) accept, embrace, and promote this "new" technology. It'll reduce our dependancy on oil, those bastards that run the oil and gasoline places won't be so damn powerful, and countriesd in the Middle-East won't have so much power, thus the resdt of the world can take more action against their policies and activities without as much fear.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Whilst I'm sceptical about what he's actually managed to do here, for much the same reasons Unne outlined, I'm glad stuff like this is at least getting airtime. And who knows? Maybe he has done something amazing here. Wouldn't be the first time.

Mitch
12-08-2006, 01:08 PM
What about waterpowered cats?

Imagine the possibilities

Fatal Impurity
12-08-2006, 03:45 PM
with the way they piss on everything...i think they are already water powered....