PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gambits

Renmiri
12-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Here are mine, with my nickname for them

"Barbecue Gambit": Makes Flan Flambe of those pesky flans at Henne Mines :D
any character in your party: foe HP=100%, Oil (saves on MP)
Any other character in your party: foe status=Oil, fire (more saving MP)

* After you get Syphon you can tweak it a little better changing the HP=100% or making both gambits part of the same guy's actions, but there are better gambit actions by then

"911": Revives characters so fast that sometimes you don't even lose them as party leader
1)Ally HP<10%, Phoenix Down

*Can be used very early in the game, with any HP< gambit you have or with HP >= 40% or lower as the last gambit in a character's list of gambit

I still haven't found a good gambit mix to chain fiends. Does anyone has a good one ?

Zeromus_X
12-08-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't know if I can give them a funny title, but these are the standard gambits I use:

Target: Ally Status: Slow | Action: Hastega

Target: Enemy Status: Bravery | Action: Dispel

Target: Ally: HP lesser than 40% | Action: Curaja

Target: Ally Status: KO | Action: Arise

Target: Ally Status: Stop | Action: Chronos' Tear

When I was chaining, I just set up everyone to attack the party leader's target. In addition, I set up Target: Enemy HP = 100% | Action: Steal after I was recommended to have an effective steal gambit for maximizing loot.

Cruise Control
12-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Sovereign Nation - Each char regulates themselves, so losing one character doesn't decimate the party.

Self | Haste
Self | Protect
Self | Shell
Self | Regen
Self=Silence | Echo Herb
Self: Status=Blind | Esuna
Self=Poison | Esuna
Ally=KO | Arise
(Foe: HP 100% | Steal, Self | Libra, and Ally HP < 30% | Curaja)
Foe: Undead | Curaga
Foe: Flying | Drain
Foe: lowest max HP | Attack

Renmiri
12-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Cool Gambits all :D

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-15-2006, 04:37 AM
Foe: Undead - Curaga ... It makes me giggle. x3
Foe: Flying - Thundaga ... because they all go down like flies then...
Self - Libra ... because I'm always using it...
Ally: All - Haste ... I like being able to kill quicker.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Foe: >/= 3000| Scathe/Flare

MADTJ
12-18-2006, 07:08 AM
i have a few quick question about Gambit, i don't own one yet but will get one for X-mas, just 8 days away.

do it had to be in right order?
and it's almost like C++ class that i took - question is.. when it done doing something (rise/haste/etc) go back to on top row? or cont. to down, for ex: 4th row is ally all, haste. when that done, it will cont. to 5th row? or go back to top first row?

if 2nd question is go back to first row, meaning i had to be careful with Gambit because let say if i put foe > attack on top row and haste on 2nd row, he/she won't be able to caste the haste unless there no foe around... right?? if i'm right on this one, then i think i can play it with no problem.

and when i'm get this ffxii, i think i'm gonna change yuna to fran lol

Renmiri
12-19-2006, 03:06 AM
It goes in order yes. And it restarts every turn. Like:

1) Foe = undead (if no skips to #2)
2) Ally HP = Critical (If no skips to #3)
3) Foe = any (does this if 1 & 2 are both false)
4) ... (never gets done unless #3 can't be done, i.e. if you need to cast Fire for #3 and you are out of MP)

After this character's turn it "resets" back to #1 and in his next turn the character will seek for undead foes, HP critical allies, then if not found, try to do #3 and if not possible try to do gambit #4. If #4 is also impossible (i.e no MP or no potions, etc...) and there are no other gambits the character just attacks the nearest foe in range.

MADTJ
12-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Awesome, thanks! i can't wait for it!! lol