PDA

View Full Version : Are you a romantic person? Tell us tales about your first dates!

The Devil Man
12-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Ahahahahaha...

Yes my friends. This is your wonderful Good Friend, the Administrator ShlupQuack and she has a wonderful topic of discussion for Her Good Friends on EoFF.

ShlupQuack is wondering...

Are YOU a romantic person my Beloved EoFF'ers? ;)

Tell ShlupQuack tales of your first dates and your most romantic moments in life.

She needs suggestions to spice things up EVEN MORE with ButThePoncho this Christmas :drool:

Help your Wonderful Adminstrator ShlupQuack...

Because she loves you all, with ALL HER HEART! :lovers:

Peegee
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey wanna go see saw 3?

Hey wanna go bowling? The guys at the office are going after work

Hey we're going to a charity ball. Wanna go? It's next Friday.

Hey wanna go to a Christmas party?

I don't know if the above is romantic or not, but I don't like romance.

Xander
12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Hehe, you're ShlupQuack.

Wanna go on a see saw? :D Well once I spent quite a long time swinging on some swings with a guy, it was kinda fun!

Pizza is a good date.

The romantic thing I did with my first boyfriend, seems kinda over the top now but we stood under a willow tree hugging while it rained, for like 2 hours. XD

I long for romantic megadrive gaming sessions! Srsly. :hahaha:

Cloudane
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Let me get back to you when I've dated :p

I'd probably aim for watching one of the town's fesivals or something and then kicking back looking at the stars. I love the night sky.

Owen Macwere
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi devil man's soul!.
I sure had only one girl friend yet, and it was not any romantic. She bombed me. :eek:

I see the saw in the sew!. :bigsmile:

Bunny
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I refuse to go on dates.

Xander
12-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I'd probably aim for watching one of the town's fesivals or something and then kicking back looking at the stars. I love the night sky.

I still really want to sleep out under the stars actually...and maybe not just sleep >=) I think that would be really romantic.. stars are amazing. It sounds kinda cheesy but I don't care :p

Cloudane
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Totally agree with you. It's a date then :p

Nominus Experse
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
My romance is for my own. It doesn't really belong in General Chat, seeing as it will never be taken seriously.

However, I am a romantic person, which is more commonly known as a sap. Could be the artistic side of me.

Loony BoB
12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh man, I love doing cheesy romantic stuff. Unfortunately, since I've been in a lot of online relationships, dates haven't been common occurances. I'll stick to things I've done with Danielle (known around these parts as smittenkitten).

The first date was "NOT A DATE" as I said at the time - it was the day I met her and I didn't wanna come on too strong or anything so when, at the end of the day, I asked if she wanted me to shout her some Pizza Hut I had to be all careful... because I'm a bumbling idiot, I suppose. :p So I insisted it wasn't a date, when I guess in retrospect, whether we like it or not, it really was. Anyway, movies and dinner together on the day we met was a little liché first date, I guess. I found myself really attracted to her, though. Getting lost while walking around Glasgow (we'd have done just fine if we went my way!) was actually also really, really fun. I wouldn't have changed a thing about that day. She was also absolutely stunning. I never expected her to be so beautiful, I must admit.
The only pic I could get out of her the moment I met her (http://www.aiyon.com/keke/smitten.jpg) :p

One of my favourite days with her was a real beautiful summer day in Galston, we went out to the park and just kicked back, and this dog started following us around. We ended up hanging out with the dog for a long time, playing catch, teaching Danielle about little bits of NZ - including the hongi - taking photos and movies using phones and cameras and whatnot, and just generally having fun relaxing in the park with our adopted pet. Afterwards we headed back to her place but it was insanely cold and I decided that we should go to this Chinese place. They were closed, sadly - but a quick talk to the staff and they opened early, just for us! We basically had the whole restaurant to ourself, and it was quite a classy place, too. Expensive, though! Still, sitting there, introducing Danielle to wan tuns and skewered satay chicken and listening to Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" was insanely cheesy, but as said before, I adore cheesy romance. So it was perfect. The whole day was, really. The weekend, maybe, too.
Pictures & Videos from that weekend (http://loony-bob.livejournal.com/410474.html)

Of course, the day is just one thing - it's the girl that really made the whole thing incredible. Just a shame she's gone on vacation for two weeks now, so it's a while until I see her again. :( But then I'm with her for 12 days, so many more good times ahead. For Christmas it'll be just the two of us, so hopefully we can make it magical on our own. :)

The Jamie Star Scenario
12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
On first dates I use something called rohypnol, seems to work wonders.

Xander
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Loony BoB, that is really sweet! Cheesy romance is the best sort of romance ^_^

Bunny
12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
On first dates I use something called rohypnol, seems to work wonders.

I am elevating you to the often sought after position as my hero.

Don't let me down.

Fatal Impurity
12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
im an old fashioned romantic....which is cheesy but true....yeah i know im a dork lol

o_O
12-08-2006, 02:03 PM

I still really want to sleep out under the stars actually...and maybe not just sleep >=) I think that would be really romantic.. stars are amazing. It sounds kinda cheesy but I don't care :p

I totally agree with both of you. Stars are very romantic.

For our one-year anniversary my girlfriend and I went to the planetarium. We got to see most of the planets of the solar system through their huge telescope; Saturn is one of the most breathtaking sights of my life.
We also were able to see star clusters like the two Magellanic Clouds, which was incredible.

Then we went back to our executive hotel room and spent much of the night looking at the stars through the telescope the hotel gave us.

That was probably the most romantic night of my life; it was awesome.

I'm a hopeless romantic, I love planning and spending nights out with my girlfriend. :p

Loony BoB
12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
I totally agree with both of you. Stars are very romantic.

For our one-year anniversary my girlfriend and I went to the planetarium. We got to see most of the planets of the solar system through their huge telescope; Saturn is one of the most breathtaking sights of my life.
We also were able to see star clusters like the two Magellanic Clouds, which was incredible.

Then we went back to our executive hotel room and spent much of the night looking at the stars through the telescope the hotel gave us.

That was probably the most romantic night of my life; it was awesome.

I'm a hopeless romantic, I love planning and spending nights out with my girlfriend. :p

You'll be one of the very few people who will know what I mean (well, possibly) when I say that I'm obsessed with someday taking my girlfriend/wife/whatever to Symphony under the Stars in the Auckland Domain. I think it's something like a candlelit dinner under the stars while attending an orchestra concert thingy.

I Am Stoner
12-08-2006, 02:12 PM
The first date I went out on was when I was 16 with a girl called Emma. We went out to this wierd classy resturant she said she always wanted to go to and stayed there for a while, after the dinner I couldn't help but stare into her eyes, they just drew me in and when she smiled that moment, my heart melted. Then we went for a walk to the park, she was cold so I wrapped my arms around her to keep warm while resting her head on my chest. All of a sudden we just started kissing passionatly, then it was time for her to go. I was really emotional, dunno why, smiling so much just staring into the distance, watching her walk away. It was amazing.

Polaris
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
My first date... hmm you can't call it a date but whatever...

It was with a hot guy named David, he was cool, and we met for the second time and he was waiting for me near the caffee and I walked toward him and kissed him in his right cheek and when I was going to kiss the other he turned his head and kissed me on the lips! ^^" Then I had to study for philosophy and he stood there with me, watching me studying! ^^" I was writting with the right hand and the left one was holding his... When I was waiting for my dad he was holding me and caressing me and my dad freaked out and when I got in the car he (my dad insulted me) :(

Rocket Edge
12-08-2006, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't be that much of a romantic, as i mean this whole thing of buying her flowers and whatever, it's just not me. That's not to say i loved seeing my girlfriend at the time happy, and tried to please her with alot of things i did and how i went about things. Whether that's romantic or not i don't know, but as O_o said, laying out in the stars would be awesome, but it's something that would have to happen naturally, rather than me planning a night to do so. It's hard to explain, and hard to explain in words, but thats how i feel.

Sefie1999AD
12-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not really a romantic person, especially not at the moment. I don't really have romantic or cute stories to tell you, either. I like romantic comedies at times if they're entertaining or if they get you in the better mood, but that's about it, I guess.

Rydia of Mist
12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Y'know... In all my nearly-25 years, I've never been taken out on a proper date. Sure, I've gone out and done stuff with people, but never an actual date.

I'm sad. :(

NeoCracker
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Dates are for the weak, real men live alone.

Slightly more seriously, I'd be quite partial to a Picnic in the Rain. I love rain. The girl may think I'm crazy for wanting to eat in the rain, but I think it would be better then a bright sunny day to do it.

BardTard
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I got DUMPED at the homecoming dance on my first date. And he took me to this really bad restaurant when I told him I wanted to go to Steak'n'Shake. But that's okay, I danced with everybody else there... And some guy I didn't know gave me one of those flower thingies, he said I "won a special prize" (?) Earlier when I got dumped I gave the flower back that Cory gave me... lol It wasn't totally bad. Except one guy I danced with got yelled at by his girlfriend... lol

Now, Cory's dated about half the school, and EVERYBODY says he sucks in bed. Yes, it's true... he really does..
:lol:

I Am Stoner
12-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Y'know... In all my nearly-25 years, I've never been taken out on a proper date. Sure, I've gone out and done stuff with people, but never an actual date.

I'm sad. :(

Awww.:sad: Keep hoping, love appears when you least expect it. Or so the fortune cookie I just ate said so.... Do'h!

Jowy
12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I prefer doing sweet sentimental things without warning or expectance as opposed to official dates.

My idea of a "date" is going out to the Chinese buffet and then the movie theatre. I'm a studmuffin alright.

theundeadhero
12-09-2006, 04:44 AM
When your on the dancefloor you move like the ocean. Your all I can think about. Your everything I want. I want to touch you. I want to taste your lips. I want to make you feel good. The only time I feel good is when I sleep holding you in my arms.

I can go on. I just have to think about my girl.

Martyr
12-09-2006, 06:05 AM
I have a hard time being romantic.

Well, let's face it, I have a hard time falling in love or even in "like." I mean, I can tell sexy, but once it's the date, it's AWKWARD!

I take her someplace nice to eat, I use good manners, then we walk in circles around some park or somewhere, talking about familiar things, the chick getting all lovey dovey and such while I try so freaking hard to get into the romantic mood.

Usually the date goes fine, on the surface, because I'm a really good actor, and I'll get to take her out again or whatever, but I have had very few magic moments in my life.

The girl who got me... She was really beautiful. She was this South American girl. Actually, it was a little hard to communicate with her, but I was able to take her out. We walked to the beach, to the mall, ate, looked at junk... And really I would've been just as happy to lay on jagged rocks and watch her read a book.
That's what romance is. It's when it doesn't matter what you do- but you're so enthusiastic about it. Whenever I find myself working to plan a date, to do something exciting, or whatever, it's because I'm dating for the hell of it. Or for chica's sake, which is likely as not.

I have since found many many lovely South American girls. This scares me very much because my family would rather I bring home a black girl than a spanish one.

dodhungry
12-09-2006, 08:12 AM
roflmao

The most rememorable first date I had. I decided to take this girl out to the mall to see her older sister who she hadnt seen in a month or so. On the way there getting off the freeway, the truck behind me didnt see that traffic came to a quick stop, so he wound up hitting my car: More like...totaling my car. 2 Freakin days later same girl and I get hit again except on the other side. Sigh lets just say that relationship didnt last lol.

Griff
12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I can't honestly say I've been on a date.

Unless you consider making out with a girl on her couch a date.

Christmas
12-09-2006, 01:29 PM
My first date was with Mr caterpillar. We got along very well until he evolved into a butterfly and ditched me. :(

NeoCracker
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
I would have stayed with you Christmas :love:

Christmas
05-21-2022, 03:47 AM
I would have stayed with you Christmas :love:

16 years on, Christmas dun see you anywhere. :mymelbert:

Mr Gashtacular
05-21-2022, 07:49 AM
i am often romantic, in the little ways. i dont associate romance with dates, though.

Dr. Acula
05-22-2022, 12:58 AM
I'm not very romantic. I find big gestures weird.

On my first date with my boyfriend we just went for a walk. We're such misanthropes that the fact we actually go out of our way to spend time together is pretty romantic :love: