PDA

View Full Version : Game suggestions for the 360

edczxcvbnm
12-08-2006, 05:36 PM
So I will probably pick up a 360 sometime soon. I need some suggestions of games to get and games that are coming out.

I already have the Legendary Edition of Halo preordered(I am so totally going to wear the helmet around).

So what else is there besides Gears of War that I should pick up?

Jowy
12-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Dead Rising, if you've got an HDTV so you can actually read the damn text, Fight Night Round 3's surprisingly addicting, and when it gets released, Lost Planet looks amazing, if I may say so myself.

Wild0ne
12-08-2006, 06:06 PM
I like NFS Most Wanted for regular XBOX...Its cheap now for the 360 too...Thats a game I would prolly get.

Dreddz
12-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Dead Rising, Dead Or Alive 4, Oblivion.

XxSephirothxX
12-08-2006, 06:22 PM
I didn't like Need for Speed that much. I'll recommend most of the games I have, though, as they're all absolutely quality purchases (except Far Cry maybe :p):

Halo 2, if you don't already have it (Yeah, it's original Xbox, but it's still one of the best Live games)
Burnout Revenge - Fantastically fun racer
Oblivion - It's Oblivion, man. It'll suck away 100 hours easily. Great graphics, great quests, great just about everything.
Call of Duty 2 - It's got a great campaign, solid though limited multiplayer, and probably is available on the cheap now.
Call of Duty 3 - I haven't gotten to play this one yet, but from what I hear the single player is a bit of a letdown, while the expanded multiplayer, with vehicles and 24 players per match, is an absolute blast and works without a bit of lag.
GRAW - I don't have this one, either, but if you like the slower-paced, tactical shooters, this is a good one to nab. And it'll be available at a decent price, too.
Rainbow Six Vegas- Same as GRAW, only without the cheap part.

On the arcade:

Geometry Wars - You have to buy this game.
Smash TV - Old school fun that's good co-op online, though maybe not worth the purchase otherwise.

Make sure to post your Gamertag in the thread so we can play some Gears or something. ;)

edczxcvbnm
12-08-2006, 06:33 PM
My gamertag is in the thread :D

Unless it changes when I get the 360? I don't have it yet so I don't know. But I do play Walo 2.

JKTrix
12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Geometry Wars.

I want to check out Viva Pinata, but that seems like the type of game i'd have to spend a lot of time with. Time I don't particularly have to dedicate to one game like that. I hear it's actually very good though.

Tony Hawk Project 8 is awesome if you're into this kind of game.

Plus everything everyone else mentioned. Just wanted to add different titles to the list.

Spammerman
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Dead or Alive 4. Dead rising. Call of Duty 2+3. There was another one I cant think of.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Dead Rising is worth a 360 all by itself. Get it, play it, love it.

Gears of War you know about.

Oblivion.
GRAW.
Perfect Dark Zero. (Not nearly as good as PD, but still good.)
Hitman: Blood Money.

Lost Planet looks pretty good. Mass Effect looks even better.

fantasyjunkie
12-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Oblivion and Just Cause

Araciel
12-09-2006, 09:12 AM
oblivion....

dead rising is almost worth owning

DOA4 but if you play online you'll get beaten a lot

edczxcvbnm
12-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions.

I currently only have Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas. I will pick up more stuff when I don't have so much to play through(tis the season).

I just beat Gears of War so I should be getting into the online mode soon.