PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Stupid Lawsuit

Elite Lord Sigma
12-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Nintendo Gets Sued for Copyright Infringement ( http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750001p1.html)

Personally, I think this is just another half-witted attempt to get money from a big corporation, because I find it odd that the plaintiff's product, however revolutionary it supposedly is, if they actually made it, wasn't mentioned at all on most gaming sites.

Dreddz
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
How is this stupid, if what they are saying is true, then they deserve to sue Nintendo.

Zeromus_X
12-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Personally, I think this is just another half-witted attempt to get money from a big corporation, because I find it odd that the plaintiff's product, however revolutionary it supposedly is, if they actually made it, wasn't mentioned at all on most gaming sites.

So yes, this is quite silly. This always seems to pop up whenever a new system or something comes up, right on the dot.

Lawr
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I'll sue you for taking that 'Metalslashed' thing from me. (Your sig.)

To stay on topic, I hope the company that is sueing Nintendo should go bankrupt and someone should plant some C4 at the production site.

Dreddz
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
People should wait until theres a verdict on the matter before saying its silly.

Agent Proto
12-08-2006, 09:47 PM
If this turns out to be true, I do believe Nintendo will do what it will take to resolve this issue. Who knows what will happen, so hopefully everything will go okay. :)

KentaRawr!
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I agree with Dreddz. All we know about this at the current time is that one company is big, and the other one is tiny. We don't know if they're telling the truth or not.

Shoeberto
12-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Seems like they're going a little far if they're saying they want to take the Wii off the market.

I'd imagine this will just end up with an out-of-court settlement. Isn't that what happened when the Sony got accused of the same thing for the Dual Shock?

ljkkjlcm9
12-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Everyone is greedy. And I love how american companies sue a Japanese company that probably had no idea of it, even if this turns out to be completely true. They take the Wii off the market, they'll have a lot of people extremely pissed off, and that company will be screwed forever

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
12-09-2006, 05:28 AM
The Microsoft company.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I don't see there being a lot of basis for this lawsuit, especially, as mentioned, the Wii technology was likely developed in Japan and thus infringing on an American copyright for some kind of technology that Nintendo is known to have the ability to create on its own seems a bit specious.

edczxcvbnm
12-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Seems like they're going a little far if they're saying they want to take the Wii off the market.

I'd imagine this will just end up with an out-of-court settlement. Isn't that what happened when the Sony got accused of the same thing for the Dual Shock?

Nope. Microsoft settled out of court. Sony refused and it went to trial and they lost big time. They were forced to pay a boat load of money. This is the real reason there is no rumble in the PS3 controller. They don't want to pay royalties.

Maxico
12-09-2006, 12:51 PM
I was under the impression that Microsoft brought a controlling share in Immersion and used that to prevent Sony from settling their case out of court.

edczxcvbnm
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
While Microsoft did buy a share in the company it was not a controlling share and Microsoft wouldn't prevent Sony from having it anyways...there is money to be had in letting Sony use the technology.

After the PS3 controller was annoucned that it would have no rumble because of the tilt functionality, Immersion said it could be done and would be glad to work with sony to get it to work.

NINJA_Ryu
12-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't see there being a lot of basis for this lawsuit, especially, as mentioned, the Wii technology was likely developed in Japan and thus infringing on an American copyright for some kind of technology that Nintendo is known to have the ability to create on its own seems a bit specious.

True, it is also preposterous to sue for a function.

Little boy tommy goes up to his mom and says "Mommy! Mommy! look what my Wii can do! *pulls trigger on Wiimote*"

"O cool, let me try." *tries*

Suddnely, 3 G-Men burst into the room, arresting the two for copyright infrigment.

Point of the matter, its like suing a company for using a mouse.

NorthernChaosGod
12-10-2006, 08:24 AM
People should wait until theres a verdict on the matter before saying its silly.

No matter the verdict, it's still asinine.