PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Asleep...

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Though their is probably a dozen threads like this, I'm too lazy to look for them and they are all probably too old to resurrect anyway. So...

It's all about Metal Gear, baby!

Thought's on the series, characters, and games. Specualtions on MGS4 and MGS:PO are welcomed.

So, do you think we can trust Kojima, or should we all get prepared for Old Snake to bite the big one at the end of MGS4?

Dreddz
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
A decent series which remarkably Ive kept in touch with throughout. I can see why people like it so much, but I do think the series is a tad overrated. That is not stopping me from getting MGS PO and MGS4. Surprisingly, MGS PO has already been released O.o

Wolf Kanno
12-09-2006, 08:31 AM
It is a little overrated but at least the series has never taken itself that seriously. Kojima always loves poking fun at his own games.

I just wonder if we're going to get another group of freaks in MGS4? Something like the previous installments. I only question cause the game is supposed to be taking place in several different countries around the world. Kojima has mentioned before is that we get to choose sides in conflicts, so I wonder how this will affect that.

Maxico
12-09-2006, 10:10 AM
MGS:PO looks like a brilliant game.

My main issue with online games, and games in general, is that there is no real punishment for being killed. People just rush out all over the place, because if they die they can just respawn, or at most have to wait for a few minutes.

I really want to import that as soon as possible.

sephirothishere
12-09-2006, 04:09 PM
theyre great...i like the bosses..i thin kthats the kidna thing that separates it from splinter cell...and the fact its not divided into levels.....and th efact tis slightly more fantasy like...but the boss battles...pwn...

Wolf Kanno
12-11-2006, 06:19 AM
It does have some of the greatest boss fights in gaming. Psycho Mantis, The End, the battle against the army of MG Rays.

I love the series for it's philisophical outlook on war and what it means to be a soldier. MGS3's theme of the meaning behing patriotism was well written and executed flawlessly. To this day, it's still the only game that has moved me to tears.

I really want to plat Portable Ops, but I don't want to pick up a PSP since it has only four games I want. It's still too expensive. I don't even want to think about MGS4...

RiseToFall
12-11-2006, 08:08 AM
I just hate the fact that I won't be able to play MGS: Portable Ops. I really want to know how the story shifts from Big Boss into Solid Sanke.:(

Pike
12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Mmm I'm in love with the Metal Gear series. "I feel asleep" is an awesome line.

Oddly enough I never did finish MGS3, I got distracted and busy about halfway through. I should go back and finish that sometime.

JKTrix
12-11-2006, 03:48 PM
MGS definitely captured my interest. My first game was MGS2 for the Xbox, and I was so frustrated with it that I put it down for over a year. The controls were not friendly to me at all. Later on I picked it up again and got used ot it, and it turned out to be a really enjoyable game.

I played through MGS3 and bought MGS for Gamecube, though i've hardly played it. I plan on picking up Portable Ops in the future, it seems pretty interesting. While the games themselves are not perfect, it's probably one of the most cinematic experiences you'll have while playing a videogame. It's definitely memorable, the bosses are insane, and the twisted story has a lot of depth if you put enough thought into it. It's not one of my favourite series, but it's definitely a very high quality game.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I still can't even fathom trying to play MGS on the old X-Box controllers or even the Gamecubes. Even the normal controls on the PS systems were not exactly "user-friendly".

I've heard the Cube version of MGS1 is hindered by broken gameplay since they updated the controls and AI to MGS2 level and didn't put into account the layout of the original area's. Is any of this true or are people just whining?

Any speculations on the plot of the next two MGS games?

RiseToFall
12-13-2006, 09:28 AM
I've heard the Cube version of MGS1 is hindered by broken gameplay since they updated the controls and AI to MGS2 level and didn't put into account the layout of the original area's. Is any of this true or are people just whining?

Any speculations on the plot of the next two MGS games?

To answer your first question, yes it's true. Example: Fighting Ocelot is ridiculously broken, you could just stand in a corner, go into first person view and shoot him as he stupidly runs back and forth.

As for the speculations: My mind is nothing like Kojima's, so chances are if I guess, I'll be way off anyway.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 09:54 AM
As for the speculations: My mind is nothing like Kojima's, so chances are if I guess, I'll be way off anyway.

I don't think anyone here takes enough anti-depressants to even come close to understand how Kojima thinks... So we'll just have to base it on our communities collective madness.;)

It's too bad about Twin Snakes though.

JKTrix
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Twin Snakes was 'Broken' by the 1st person view, but it doesn't hinder the gameplay. It makes some things a lot easier, like the Ocelot fight apparently, but otherwise they made that major gameplay element change and didn't seem to change the way the rest of the game would react to that.

One of my highlights of going to Japan was actually seeing Kojima in a fairly close proximity. He was surrounded by people so I couldn't ge too close, but it was cool nonetheless.

Pike
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I enjoyed Twin Snakes immensely. If I had to choose a favorite Metal Gear game, it would be Twin Snakes. It is a bit easier than the original MGS, I believe, but it was also an improvement on so many levels and I love it.