PDA

View Full Version : lithium-ion batteries.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
how long does it take for a lithium-ion battery to die? becuase im gonna purchase an ipod and i plan to use it often and i heard that lithium-ion batteries die out quickly

rubah
12-08-2006, 11:28 PM
It depends on how you baby it. You're supposed to keep to a strict fill-drain routine but I don't htink many people adhere to it.

Shoeberto
12-08-2006, 11:37 PM
It depends on how you baby it. You're supposed to keep to a strict fill-drain routine but I don't htink many people adhere to it.
That's for NiCads. At least I don't think Li-Ion batteries are supposed to have that limitation, or at least they're not supposed to get the memory that NiCads do.

rubah
12-08-2006, 11:41 PM
My macbook came with a li-ion battery and it was definitely suggested that i calibrate the battery within the first week of usage. Not necessarily continue doing that, and perhaps it's different with ipods.

You could always get a new one right before the warrenty ran out, just to be sure ;]

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-09-2006, 12:13 AM

what do you mean strick fill-drain?