PDA

View Full Version : I was almost bashed

Eiko Guy
12-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Well you guys i found out one of the guys that i liked (a loooooooot) is homophobic he says "if i found out one of my friends was gay i couldnt be his friend anymore" MY brothers are the exact same way. I hate this how can people be so small minded

Shlup
12-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I can see how he'd say that. It's hard to be friends with someone who likes you as more than a friend when you don't feel the same way. It doesn't necessarily have to do with that person being the same gender as you, though I'm sure that exacerbates the issue.

Christmas
12-09-2006, 04:21 AM
EoEo anymore? :(

Shlup
12-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Hey, it's his funeral.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-09-2006, 04:22 AM
I can see how he'd say that. It's hard to be friends with someone who likes you as more than a friend when you don't feel the same way. It doesn't necessarily have to do with that person being the same gender as you, though I'm sure that exacerbates the issue.Except he said "if one of my friends were gay," not "if one of my friends were gay and wanted to get busy with me particularly."

Shlup
12-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Oh yeah, I guess I read that backwards. See what happens when people post serious stuff in Gen Chat?

Well fuck that guy!

Eiko Guy
12-09-2006, 04:28 AM
But gabriel is like one of my best friends and he has no idea that i like him or that im gay i wanna be his friend but im worried that maybe somehow i might go too far with him on accident. no other release for these feelings you understand.

Bunny
12-09-2006, 04:34 AM
Do you really want to be friends with someone that does not accept you as you are? You may be better off if you stopped being his friend or, at the very least, stop liking him. It might not seem like it because ultimately you are losing a friend, but in the end I think you will see that you made the better choice.

I'm not saying to come out to them, because it seems like he might be the type to get a little bit violent if he were to find out. It usually happens like that when a straight homophobic guy finds out one of his best friends is homosexual. They tend to look at the entire friendship very different and get pretty angry with the entire thing.

Madonna
12-09-2006, 04:35 AM
But gabriel is like one of my best friends and he has no idea that i like him or that im gay i wanna be his friend but im worried that maybe somehow i might go too far with him on accident. no other release for these feelings you understand.Go too far with him on accident? How? When you whip the hand lotion and reach into his pants?

Maybe you might want to play it cool on the whole liking him thing, but you could at least attempt to let him know his friend a little better. Laugh at him and tell him that he has been friends with you for ages. :|

Shlup
12-09-2006, 04:36 AM
I think the best option is to tell him honestly that you hurt his feelings when he said that because you're gay. Maybe it'll help him realize gay people are just people. Or you'll lose a friend. But is a guy that'll reject you based on your sexuality really someone you want as a friend?

I would tell him you don't like him like that though. Make it clear. That would clearly cause any attempt to soften him homosexuality to backfire.

Roto13
12-09-2006, 05:27 AM
See, the tricky thing about coming out is that it's different for everybody. If you think he's going to get violent (or that it wold somehow get back to your parents and your parents wouldn't accept you or something, you know, if you have a legitimate reason why you have to be closeted) then don't tell him. If you don't mind people knowing you're gay, then by all means, tell him you don't appreciate that kind of talk because it's small minded and it's directly offensive to you.

Mirage
12-09-2006, 05:41 AM
But gabriel is like one of my best friends and he has no idea that i like him or that im gay i wanna be his friend but im worried that maybe somehow i might go too far with him on accident. no other release for these feelings you understand.
If he really is your best friend, he'll accept you for what you are. He's probably just trying to act tough in front of people that he thinks don't like gay people either.

Xaven
12-09-2006, 05:56 AM
If your friend really would be upset at hearing of your sexual preference, then maybe you should reconsider what you call a "friend". Like already stated, if he's really your friend then he will be fine with who you are, if not after a little time getting used to it.

Don't waste your time with chumps or people who hate who you think you really are.

The Captain
12-09-2006, 08:07 AM
There's honestly no other advice that I could give. What everyone has said is spot on.

Be safe and choose your friends wisely. Friends are people we can trust, not people we have to put an act on around to be accepted.

Take care all.

Eiko Guy
12-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Okay i've decided i'll stay his friend but not as mmuch i'll hang out with the guys and girls that do know and are okay with it HE's the first person to say that

Giga Guess
12-09-2006, 04:13 PM
No. I'm sorry, but if he can't accept you for who you are, is he *REALLY* worth your time?

Eiko Guy
12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
NO he's not but i couldn't do stop being his friend then i'd be just like him

Giga Guess
12-09-2006, 04:25 PM
On one hand, you have a point...but on the other...it's just not fair that you have to be someone you're not to be friends with a jerk.

mooglebunni608
12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
He sounds like an idiot. Just because someone likes the same sex does not mean they have a crush on you. Srsly.