PDA

View Full Version : who thinks that Jenova should have been the final boss in FF7

zebaroth
12-09-2006, 05:53 AM
who thinks that Jenova should have been the final boss in FF7
it would have made more since that she was useing Sipthiroth to return to core of the planet

Zeromus_X
12-09-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread is best suited to the Final Fantasy VII forum. :cat:

It would be nice if Jenova were in control, but Sephiroth is the man in charge, so it makes just a bit more sense for him to be the final boss. Though, I've always thought that Jenova would make a fine One-Winged Angel herself. :cat:

LunarWeaver
12-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Then I wouldn't have gotten my hot ginormous sword vs. ginormous sword battle :nonono:

Markus. D
12-09-2006, 06:18 AM
This thread is best suited to the Final Fantasy VII forum. :cat:

It would be nice if Jenova were in control, but Sephiroth is the man in charge, so it makes just a bit more sense for him to be the final boss. Though, I've always thought that Jenova would make a fine One-Winged Angel herself. :cat:

*itself

:)

I would have loved her to be the final, as she was the main villian... but it did make sense why they chose Sephiroth.

Zeromus_X
12-09-2006, 06:39 AM
I just can't help calling it a she. :( :cat:

XandrewX
12-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Well...Jenova is a part of the final boss anyway :eep: Sephiroth has Jenova's cell...so it's a part of Jenova in a way :D Oh and...Jenova is a fossil isn't it?It won't make a better sense than Sephiroth being the final boss though...unless they're preparing to say Jenova revived from the fossils...

aquatius
12-09-2006, 09:18 AM
But when you fight Jenova DEATH, she/it is pathetically easy. It would have been cool if you fought her/it instead of Bizarro Sephiroth and then you fought Sephiroth.

Mirage
12-09-2006, 09:30 AM
You do fight Jenova Synthesis after all.

MasterX
12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Actually, I would have formatted the battle like this:
Sephiroth (normal self): Acting as Jenova's guardian as she prepares Meteor. (Well, maybe I'm messing things around, but suppose Sephiroth gives temparory control of Meteor to good ol' Mumsy while he fights AVALANCHE.)
Jenova SYTHESIS: True, a more endurant version of the original Jenova SYNTHESIS would suffice as the 2nd Final Battle. (Frankly, she was too easy to beat, even without the Knights.)
Jenova the One-Winged Angel: Sorta like Safer Sephy, but It's Jenova's final form. And let's not exclude the Super Nova/Reflect/Wall. Hehehe.
Normal Sephiroth with 1 HP - Well, exactly like the final FINAL battle with Sephy and Cloud, except you FORCEFULLY use Omnislash instead of defending. Give the viewers a show.

That's my theory. If people disagree, then lemme see your suggestions.

Peace, MasterX

zebaroth
12-11-2006, 08:39 AM
:D
Actually, I would have formatted the battle like this:
Sephiroth (normal self): Acting as Jenova's guardian as she prepares Meteor. (Well, maybe I'm messing things around, but suppose Sephiroth gives temparory control of Meteor to good ol' Mumsy while he fights AVALANCHE.)
Jenova SYTHESIS: True, a more endurant version of the original Jenova SYNTHESIS would suffice as the 2nd Final Battle. (Frankly, she was too easy to beat, even without the Knights.)
Jenova the One-Winged Angel: Sorta like Safer Sephy, but It's Jenova's final form. And let's not exclude the Super Nova/Reflect/Wall. Hehehe.
Normal Sephiroth with 1 HP - Well, exactly like the final FINAL battle with Sephy and Cloud, except you FORCEFULLY use Omnislash instead of defending. Give the viewers a show.

That's my theory. If people disagree, then lemme see your suggestions.

Peace, MasterX

that is exactly what had in mind

NeoCracker
12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
I think it was best to make Sephiroth the Final Boss. Jenova was never Revived fully and used Sephiroth. The only point I see her fully coming back is if Meteor hit and the Mako Energy was absorbed. Given that, even though she was the mastermind, she couldn't fight herself, so used Sephiroth to do it. With his defeat she no longer had enough ties to the world to fight you.

Sefie1999AD
12-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I didn't mind having Safer Sephiroth as the final boss instead of Jenova. You could see the influence of Jenova cells in Sephiroth's forms during the final battles anyway, IIRC (Jenova on top of Bizarro Sephiroth's head, the colors of Safer Seph's wings etc), and while it's not a bad idea to fight some really powerful monster (Chaos, Dark Cloud, Zeromus, Exdeath, Necron etc) in the end, it doesn't hurt fighting the villain character in the end, either.

Ryushikaze
12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I didn't mind having Safer Sephiroth as the final boss instead of Jenova. You could see the influence of Jenova cells in Sephiroth's forms during the final battles anyway, IIRC (Jenova on top of Bizarro Sephiroth's head, the colors of Safer Seph's wings etc), and while it's not a bad idea to fight some really powerful monster (Chaos, Dark Cloud, Zeromus, Exdeath, Necron etc) in the end, it doesn't hurt fighting the villain character in the end, either.

Uh, Sepher Sephiroth was on top of Bizarro's head, not Jenova.

MasterX
12-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Y'know, fighting those no-name god-like monsters isn't really fun. Necron didn't have any contribution to the story, so I don't see the point in adding him. Why not make Kuja stronger? That's one reason why I enjoyed skinning Sephy. I've developed a must-kill feeling for him as I progressed through the game. Anyways, I should just shut up now before I rave.