PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cards

MedctnStn
12-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I was just wondering what everyones favorite cards are in the whole game. State if they are for playing, refining, etc.

Playingwise, i use:
Seifer
Zell
Ifrit
Diablos
either Malboro or Angelo

rubah
12-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I switch my playing cards every now and then for some variety, but the base set is Squall, Seifer, Rinoa, Quistis, and Edea. If I want four corners love, I'll through in Eden and throw out rinoa.

nik0tine
12-10-2006, 03:23 AM
The Laguna card is probably the most rewarding card to have because it can be so damn challenging to obtain. Win 20 games and it never appears. Then of course, it shows up on your 21st game and that's the one game you lose.

rubah
12-10-2006, 04:02 AM
I was so proud of myself for winning that one in space the last time around.

Zeromus_X
12-10-2006, 05:55 AM
I will never be able to grasp FFVIII's card game (maybe next time I play, I remember I started a new game in the intent of doing the crazy low-level uber-Junctioning with Carding), but I do like Bahamut's card.

Rocket Edge
12-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Man i love the card game (best mini game ever, and YES still with the plus/same/same wall rule). I actually discovered a foolproof strategy card layout with the following cards (and obtainable pretty much at the start of the game). The cards you need are as follows:

(a) Zell
(b) Quistis
(c) Diablos
(d) Mini Mog
(e) Ifrit

It would only work if if you started the game first. It would work as follows:

[Diablos #1][Computer Card #1][Quistis #2]
[][Computer Card #2][]
[][Ifrit #3][]

...And then either way you would beat them with the Mini Mog or Zell card in each of the remaining slots. Try it out, it's sure to work. :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-10-2006, 05:28 PM
1. I like all the rare ones. The ones that suck are those that you have to collect more than one of to refine
The Laguna card is probably the most rewarding card to have because it can be so damn challenging to obtain. Win 20 games and it never appears. Then of course, it shows up on your 21st game and that's the one game you lose. Really?

Disco Potato
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I like the one that refines to 100 Heroes (don't remember which exactly...Laguna?) ^_^

Breine
12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I've always liked the character cards the most. Don't really know why, though? Maybe because they're so hard to get.