PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting down the choppers

Bomber
12-10-2006, 06:28 AM
I'm a perfectionist...to a fault...

I'm trying to complete the mission where I have to shoot down 15 choppers with a turret while keeping 4 WRO members in the area alive. I've had near success on many occasions, but I wanna go for the gold. Can anybody offer any pointers?

Nominus Experse
12-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Memorize their attack pattern, where and what the WRO Members do, etc...

*~Angel Wing~*
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah that's kinda hard to do...I know how you feel though, cuz if a WRO member or civilian is killed, I usually start the level over. :D

Good luck!!! :)

Big D
12-14-2006, 04:24 AM
I'm re-playing the game on Extra Hard, and I got to this point again a couple of days ago... I found it's actually easier to shoot down all the choppers if you don't use the emplaced gun. Instead, try the Ultima Weapon, the mightiest and meatiest firearm aside from the Death Penalty. In my case, it was Ultima Weapon + Faerie L Barrel + Power Booster Gamma + Cerberus Relief Gamma. Each DG helicopter went down in a maximum of four shots; and since you're not stuck in that emplaced gun, it's easier to run around the place and dodge missiles. I got all 15 helicopters, but I wasn't trying particularly hard so two WRO soldiers were hit by stray missiles.

Ultima Weapon is tons of ownage. If you don't already know how to get it, it's not too difficult - simply modify the Model Gun (found inside a nearby building after saving the boy in Edge) into its best form. Takes a lot of Gil, but it's well worth it.

Nominus Experse
12-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Hmmm, I was under the impression that he wanted to use the turret as a means of a challenge.

However, if that is not the case, then do exactly what Big D mentioned: the Ultima Weapon, is well, the ultimate gun. If you can aim and shoot them in their critical, it's one-shot, one-kill.

Bomber
12-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately, I'm only using standard mode, so I do not have the ultimate weapon in my arsenal at the moment. So I think I'm forced to use the gun turret for now...

Nominus Experse
12-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Use the sniper rifle in such a case, then. You can often score crazy amounts of damage if you are able to score a critical on the coptors. Basically, without using the Ultima Weapon or the turret, the goal is to nail the criticals.

chrisfffan
12-16-2006, 09:29 AM
you all seem to be perfectionist I couldn’t play the game like that I would be starting over about 30 times! and its more realistic even though its a final fantasy game that some WRO members die!

chaosomegaultima
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
you could use the ultima weapon with the nova L barrel, or you could upgrade the griffon to the Sonic Griffon with the novaLbarrel if you have it. the sonic griifin's damage starts low, but with every shot it increases damage. the choppers'll fall in about 2 secs.