PDA

View Full Version : the evil that is MySpace

VengefulRonin
12-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Just wondering how many of you are myspace addicts such as myself...

I realize that half or more of the time the site is so glitched and stupid that its not worth bothering with....and yet....i constantly find myself hitting the refresh button hoping to see New Comment appear -__- And i love to just stare at my profile because its so orgasmic...and i just added an MP3 player to it with some FF tracks...

Its an evil site...

Venom
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Myspace is a sin against man.

~*~Celes~*~
12-10-2006, 06:13 PM
I have one but I'm not insanely addicted. I mostly use it to show off my love for Alan :bigsmile:

Shauna
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I have one, but I'm hardly addicted. ^_^

theundeadhero
12-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I hardly remember that I have a myspace until I get an email with a friend request or comment notification.

If you're curious, it's theundeadhero

The Rapping Raptor
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I have an account which i am always on. I can't sleep knowing that i haven't checked my myspace. :hat:

rubah
12-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I have a myspace, but I only ever check if it I get an email saying there's something to check.

same with xanga and facebook.

Tavrobel
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't have a personal MySpace, but on FaceBook, my friends made a group about me called "*last name* is a gump."

Polaris
12-10-2006, 06:35 PM
I have one but I just go there when I have friends request :D

Xander
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I used it for a while , ages ago, properly but found it kinda pointless since I'd just speak to people I wanted to on msn or lastFm or something.

I signed up again later and use it occasionally to be nosey or look at some band stuff. ^_^ I find it too much about camwhoring and stuff, lastfm is a more fun place to meet people imo.

Also, I've probably said it before but giving anyone and everyone that much CSS control and stuff over their page = bad idea ;_;

Iven
12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
i constantly find myself hitting the refresh button hoping to see New Comment appear

Me too.

Bunny
12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
MySpace takes less than five minutes everyday to look at. I spend five minutes ever couple of hours checking to see if I have any new messages, friend requests, etc. I do not check every single bulletin post because very few of them are worth my time.

I do not care for MySpace one way or another.

Oh, and I don't take revenge through MySpace either. I have friends on MySpace that I have fallen out with and no longer talk to. I find the whole "Oh they make me so mad I will unfriend them!" mentality to be quite funny.

~*~Celes~*~
12-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I just recently got a facebook...'s nothing too special..none of it is, really. Sure, it's great to get in touch with people after high school and whatnot, but before then, it's all a popularity contest.

Girl # 1: LIEK, OWE, MAI, GAWD! EYE EM ON JOE'S TOP EYGHT!

Girl # 2: OWE, MAI, GAWD! HE TOWTALLY HAS TEH HOTS FOR YEW!...*realizes she's no longer on Girl #1's top friends* LIEK, DOUBLEYEW-TEE-AYCH, I'M NOT ON YOUR TOP EYGHT! THAT'S IT, IM' NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!

>.> See what I mean? I seriously have seen people get offended because someone isn't on their top whatever...

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I have one, but I'm not even nearly addicted. Seeing as I only have one picture of myself on it. xD. I only use it to talk to my friend's outside of school. :)

louby_4eva
12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I have one to talk to friends that I don't see anymore and rarely bump into on msn, and my brother. I don't see what all the fuss about it is. I do, however, enjoy getting a comment. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Minxy MOMO
12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I've got one, and I use to be addicted but not so much anymore :/ I check it maybe twice a day as where I use to check it like once every thirty minutes >.> But life happened and the internet became a "want" instead of a "need". I also frequent Facebook too. It's great IMO to keep in touch with my friends from back home and schools and stuff. Plus it's a lot more secure than myspace :O

Oh and if anyone really cares...my myspace is www.myspace.com/ilovegames83. To find me on facebook, you have to know my first and last name...but that doesn't get shared online :D

Shiny
12-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Seriously. It's become a trend so it seems.

White Raven
12-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't use it, but I do use it's sister program Facebook. I pretty much have my whole graduating class from 5 years ago on my friends list, which is both good and bad. Facebook used to be better when it was only available if you went to an University or College, and before it got all its super stalker options. :p

Alive-Cat
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I have one. Though I'm more interested in the inspace vans that are always driving around Essex.

Leen-Leen
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Totally agree.

Burtsplurt
12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I don't understand it, therefore it's probably the work of the devil just like gravity and Coronation Street.

Martyr
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I have a Myspace account.

It's pretty empty and bland. I have one friend, this Tom guy. I haven't accepted anybody else
HAHA! Punks can rot in MySpace purgatory forever!

EoFF is far more addicting.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I have a MySpace, but I am lucky to check it once a month. I try to check my Facebook more often though. In my opinion, I prefer Facebook that way you can actually find people you graduated with and stuff, plus MySpace does not always load the fastest for me. I have the sudden urge to change my MySpace front page.

Twisted Tinkerbell
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I have a myspace, I recently fixed the link to it (I hope) in my sig.

Jowy
12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I use it just to occasionally make comments at people I don't get to see that much anymore.

No.78
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
It reeled me in...

escobert
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I have one, and use it frequantly.

VengefulRonin
12-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I just recently got a facebook...'s nothing too special..none of it is, really. Sure, it's great to get in touch with people after high school and whatnot, but before then, it's all a popularity contest.

Girl # 1: LIEK, OWE, MAI, GAWD! EYE EM ON JOE'S TOP EYGHT!

Girl # 2: OWE, MAI, GAWD! HE TOWTALLY HAS TEH HOTS FOR YEW!...*realizes she's no longer on Girl #1's top friends* LIEK, DOUBLEYEW-TEE-AYCH, I'M NOT ON YOUR TOP EYGHT! THAT'S IT, IM' NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!

>.> See what I mean? I seriously have seen people get offended because someone isn't on their top whatever...

lmao, i just saw that yesterday. I was looking at my friend's page and someone had left her a comment that said something like "you bitch! i'm not on your top!!! whatever!" Funny thing was...she WAS on my friends top list. Myspace drama is so retarded. Its just like highschool without the audible yelling and the beatings. You cant even see my top 8 on my profile cuz of the layout i have.

Totally agree.

*nods*

Sometimes i feel like a whore for having one. Then i remember that at least i can say that i made an account before it was uber popular, and my profile owns everyone else's.

I made a facebook, but i only talked to three people on it and then i found out they had myspaces. Facebook works better than myspace but i hate it because its so damned ghetto looking.

escobert
12-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I mainly use Myspace to get ahold of my buddies all of the country, listen to new music (I love how Nas updates his music like daily) and it's a good way to waste time.

Shlup
12-10-2006, 11:17 PM
It's helped my contact old friends and promote my husband's band, but that's about it.

Jojee
12-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Proud to say I don't have a myspace account ^.^

My old roommate used to use it to hook up with guys. She went on 230948 dates a week :3

arcanedude34
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Myspace is pure evil. I hate it and will never get one. My friends can tell you that I am 100% ANIT-MYSPACE.

Ryth
12-11-2006, 12:53 AM
I got one, used it, only so I can say "lolz myspace suxs"* without getting the whole "Well, you never tried it!" bit.

*I don't talk that.

Madame Adequate
12-11-2006, 12:59 AM
MySpace is the personal work of Satan himself. There was no delegation there; it was all him.

escobert
12-11-2006, 01:22 AM
So, it's a trend to hate the myspace trend now?

VengefulRonin
12-11-2006, 01:42 AM
lmao, it seems to be so

Xander
12-11-2006, 09:01 AM
I think people are hating it for pretty good reasons :hahaha:

Polaris
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Myspace is much better than hi5, though! :shifty:

Araciel
12-11-2006, 11:22 AM
hahah agreed hi5 sucks

Xander
12-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Beebo ftw. xD

Araciel
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
i've never even HEARD of that one...it must be awesome

Polaris
12-11-2006, 11:31 AM
OMG! :eek:

Ringo! :p Jeez internet is full of crap sites!

Araciel
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
i wonder how many online profiles i could have...hrm...

Loony BoB
12-11-2006, 11:53 AM
I hardly remember that I have a myspace until I get an email with a friend request or comment notification.
Ditto.

MySpace is the worst coded major website on the internet by such a long way. I can't stand how long some of those pages take to load. Horrible website. LiveJournal is thousands of times better in every way.

yumi
12-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I like my myspace. I can look at people from school I didn't like and laugh at their bad photos. I've set my profile to private so they can't do the same to me

VengefulRonin
12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
I like my myspace. I can look at people from school I didn't like and laugh at their bad photos. I've set my profile to private so they can't do the same to me

Seeee people? Myspace may be evil, but it provides entertainment! Like laughing at this 4-nostrilled freak: http://www.myspace.com/freedomhangslikeheaven

Mirage
12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I think MySpace sites look horrible in general. I've yet to see one that actually is good looking and even effectively coded. That is ofcourse they have one of those auto-generators.

Reles
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't have one, but I do have a facebook. I really dont do much with it. xD I don't even put pictures on it or anything, I'd expect everyone who I add already knows what I look like.

BardTard
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, I'm totally addicted to myspace... lol I have to check it like at least 5 times a day. And when I'm on, I DON'T get off. I can't even finish typing this without checking to see if Serge sent me back a message. I change the song on my profile like every day... sometimes every week. I also love reading bulletins and reposting surveys. :love: Just not the really lame bulletins that say "if you do this, then your wish will come true" and has some lame countdown... ick.

aquatius
12-11-2006, 10:01 PM

Seeee people? Myspace may be evil, but it provides entertainment! Like laughing at this 4-nostrilled freak: http://www.myspace.com/freedomhangslikeheaven
The 4 nostrilled freak turned off my internet when I tried to look at him... :cry:

oddler
12-11-2006, 10:02 PM
This is a myspace. The only one I'll join, at that.

VengefulRonin
12-12-2006, 12:38 AM
I think MySpace sites look horrible in general. I've yet to see one that actually is good looking and even effectively coded. That is ofcourse they have one of those auto-generators.

Miiiiiiine! http://www.myspace.com/vengefulronin

You seee? Mine is good looking! ^_^

Peegee
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
http://www.myspace.com/aznpriedrice

I use myspace because it's the ONLY way to talk to certain friends. Just like the reason why I have an icq account.

Drives me crazy.

So why do I have pics? And music?

Well if you're going to get a myspace account...

I should be boring and put tiesto but he doesn't have many good available songs ><

I'll check dieselboy tonight.

Jess
12-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I have a myspace and I used to go on it a lot, to talk to friends from school/the area that I live in. I also have a facebook but I mainly use that to poke. I'm not 'addicted' though, I find myself coming to EoFF before any other website.

....:jess:

Kakashi Sensei
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh, so everyone has those glitch problems? I thought it was just me.

Yes, myspace is pretty bad. But, it's one of my few sources of trying to find a ladyfriend, so I tolerate it.

Apparently Tom doesn't give a crap about all the raunchy stuff that go's on in the classifieds, I sent so many flags that they eventualy upgraded to you have to be 18 or older to enter. "Oooh!" yeah, like that's going to stop the net-whore trafficking..:mad:

I sent some emails to FOX News about all this net-prostitution crapola so as maybe they'd do some big screech about it corrupting our youth or something and force Myspace to shapaeup. But to no avail.

Breine
12-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I have an account and I guess I check it at least twice a day... I'm ashamed to say that it's like a drug... much like this site now that I think about it :shifty:

VengefulRonin
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh, so everyone has those glitch problems? I thought it was just me.

Yes, myspace is pretty bad. But, it's one of my few sources of trying to find a ladyfriend, so I tolerate it.

Apparently Tom doesn't give a crap about all the raunchy stuff that go's on in the classifieds, I sent so many flags that they eventualy upgraded to you have to be 18 or older to enter. "Oooh!" yeah, like that's going to stop the net-whore trafficking..:mad:

I sent some emails to FOX News about all this net-prostitution crapola so as maybe they'd do some big screech about it corrupting our youth or something and force Myspace to shapaeup. But to no avail.

Every so often, usually once a month, i'll be flooded with friend requests from SEXIKELLY and the like. Usually its about 3 or 4 requests at a time, and its the same girl but she has like four different accounts with the same pic, just diff names. >_< Myspace has a setting that prevents bands from sending you requests, they need to make one that prevents whores from sending you requests.

Jojee
12-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Um, go Facebook?^_^

Actually I don't use that much either. But it seems to be the best of all those kooky sites.

final fantasy is stinky
12-13-2006, 03:06 AM
myspace can burn!!!!!! hehe..... i hates it...... no wait i loves it to death..... burn myspace burnnnn!!!!!!

Frozen Phantom
12-13-2006, 03:15 AM
I avoid that cursed site...its the hell of the internet!!! Satan uses it to brainwash people to becoming goths...and everyone knows goths are satanists...

uh...just ignore that...and don't start calling me christan...I'M ATHIEST DAMNIT!!!

Moon Rabbits
12-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, myspace.

41-Inches-Wide
12-13-2006, 04:33 AM
I think I have a myspace, logged in like a week ago.
I used to have another one, mainly used to seduce foreign men.

Hambone
12-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Hambone can't stand it. Hambone hates it. Everybody says to Hambone, "Dude, do you have a Myspace account?" and Hambone says "No. I'm not some valley girl who sits around not doing her homework and that spends all of her time on that wretched, brainless website!" :mad2:

Shadowdust
12-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Myspace is okay. I used to think it was the devil but then I found it had its uses. Since I don't get to see my little bro all that much, I can at least keep in contact with him through Myspace.

The Anarchy Angel
12-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Not even involved in it :) i just browse longingly and laugh at the idiocy of everyday people that update their blogs in a vain attempt to grasp some attention.

VengefulRonin
12-13-2006, 08:02 AM
I avoid that cursed site...its the hell of the internet!!! Satan uses it to brainwash people to becoming goths...and everyone knows goths are satanists...

uh...just ignore that...and don't start calling me christan...I'M ATHIEST DAMNIT!!!

Actually you're more likely to find emos and scene kids on myspace than goths...maybe. I think its just cuz of the sheer number of emos and scenes in this country and they outnumber goths. And the goths like to hang out on VampireFreaks.