PDA

View Full Version : Help in Stilshrine of Miriam

eppy19
12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I have beat the first boss there and I have moved all the statues, I think i id them right but i guess not because the "sword of justice" is blocking my way down to Mateus..and the sword so what did I do wrong? One of the statues? Does anyone know the proper turns for each statue?

daiyu
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
you need to turn the 3 statues to face the large sword that is blocking your way -- you'll probably have to be constantly referring to your large dungeon map to make sure that they're oriented correctly. Doesn't matter how you turn them, just so they're facing the correct way. You should hear a beep/ring or some other obvious "you did it!" sound when everything is right.

eppy19
12-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I have all 3 statutes turned so they face down..and i think i heard a bleep sound but still the sword is in my way...

Renmiri
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
No, you have to turn the side statues to face each other (east facing west, west facing east) and the center one must face north (i.e the middle, with it's back to the blade). Like below.

Stupid no ? But it is what works, no matter what the statues themelves tell you

--> <---

^
|

EDIT: Here you go, the arrows show where the gurdians need to face

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Mirguardians.jpg

daiyu
12-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Well if I remember correctly (and I probably don't, since my memory has been blurred by all the other ridiculously long dungeons in the game), the third statue is actually to the south of the central big sword thingy, so it makes sense to have to turn it north.

Timerk
12-10-2006, 10:42 PM
There will be a little message when you do it right for all three, it will say 'You hear something move,' or some such.

eppy19
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Ok i got it figured out now and I beat Mateus with 2 sets of quickenings, and i just easily beat Judge Bergan, on my way to Archades, any places i should get new weapons or new magicks? Please tell me where they are on my way.

daiyu
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
lol slow down flecka where are you on the map, exactly?

eppy19
12-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm back in Rabanstre now...

Renmiri
12-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Ok i got it figured out now and I beat Mateus with 2 sets of quickenings, and i just easily beat Judge Bergan, on my way to Archades, any places i should get new weapons or new magicks? Please tell me where they are on my way.

After returning to Bur-Omisace go level up and get loot at the Feywood. Then go do some hunts. There's a fun one hunting for a giant white chocobo (Trickster) in Paramina Rift :D

Feywood is great preparation for the Trickster and for the nasties at Mosphorian Highwaste and Salikawood.

farplaner
12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm back in Rabanstre now...

I'm at the same spot. Rabanastre has new gear, so while you're there...

though, I think I'll take Ren's advice and go to the Feywood since I have about 30 gil.

I've got two grimoires waiting in the bazaar, not to mention new equipment, magicks, technicks, gambits.... even chaining for good loot takes a crapload of time!

...OK, I'm done.

Renmiri
12-14-2006, 05:09 PM
though, I think I'll take Ren's advice and go to the Feywood since I have about 30 gil.

I've got two grimoires waiting in the bazaar, not to mention new equipment, magicks, technicks, gambits.... even chaining for good loot takes a crapload of time!

If the Feywood is still too much for you try Nam Yensa Sandsea, Simoons' Bluff (teleport to Raythwall, then head north east). There are tons of "Bagoly" (looks like Urstrix) there that can be pwned at low levels and drop 1,100 gil "bent staff". And "Axelbeak" (a blue turkey) drops 500 gil Rainbow eggs :D

farplaner
12-14-2006, 05:16 PM

If the Feywood , is still too much for you try Nam Yensa Sandsea, Simoons' Bluff (teleport to Raythwall, then head north east). There are tons of "Bagoly" (looks like Urstrix) there that can be pwned at low levels and drop 1,100 gil "bent staff". And "Axelbeak" (a blue turkey) drops 500 gil Rainbow eggs :D

Yeah, I know that spot. Thanks for the tip. Those are somewhat rare drops, though, right? I only have the grimoires for beasts and elementals (go figure...I'm not going to be fighting elem's. much anytime soon.)

Young Kefka
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Mosphoran Highwaste is good if you have beast grimoire... The wolf thingies drop "drop of throat blood wolf" or something like that... every other drop or so... 1,000 gil a piece!!!

*it's more like 1 in 4... but eh....

Renmiri
12-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I know that spot. Thanks for the tip. Those are somewhat rare drops, though, right? I only have the grimoires for beasts and elementals (go figure...I'm not going to be fighting elem's. much anytime soon.)

True, one in 10, I think. But there's around 20 Bagoly so.... Even without the grimoire, if you chain them they will drop it more often. But you have to stay away from those pesky blue turkeys! (Axelbeak). Buying "Poach" also helps

Anyhow, the straight stretch in Lhusu mines, right before you meet Penelo's kidnappers has around 40 skeletons per turn and they consistently drop "bone fragment" at 195 gil. Go through it a couple of rounds and you get enough to buy the next grimoir :D

farplaner
12-16-2006, 10:29 PM
I tried the Bagoleys with no luck, so I chanced a trip to the Feywood. The monsters are, on average, 10 levels higher than me, but I'm managing....just doing a lot of healing. I'm getting some good stuff from the "Urstrix" monsters there(windtracer pinions?), as well as the wolves. Got those other two grimoires, and I'm working on the rest of the stuff I want.

I wish the rewards for marks and those you get from Montblanc were more helpful...I mean 1,200 gil (or so) when everything already costs 7,000 and up? ...ah well, back to the grind.