PDA

View Full Version : Character Deletion

Yuffie514
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
does anyone know how long it takes until an inactive character is deleted? i think it was 3 months, but i stopped playing since mid-April.

Ouch!
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
I thought they extended the guarantee to a year, but I could be mistaken. Even then, I don't think they go around deleting all the characters as soon as that time is up. It's a guarantee for that period of time, so that doesn't necessarily mean that your character will be deleted, just that they might be deleted.

I could be all wrong, in which case it doesn't matter. They don't go around advertising this little fact, but every POL account is allowed one "character recovery." You can always put in a request for one of those, but I'm not sure they can get it 100% of the time. Even then, if they do get it, the it takes some time to process (I'm sure it doesn't take long at all to actually recover the character). I had to wait close to a month before they got my character back.

Yuffie514
12-11-2006, 05:12 AM
well, i hope so. i don't want to spend a lot of time getting back to where i was. thanks, btw...