PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Strategy

Goldenboko
12-11-2006, 03:36 AM
I think I put together a good strategy...

Ultimate Strategy= Leveling up Locke with Odin (Lock=Fastest Character in game+Odin puts up speed each level+Ragnarok's speed increase=PWN!) Then having my relics be Genji Glove and Offering (Genji glove's two weapon ability+Offerings 4 attacks each ability+Quick=16 attacks=PWN!)
Locke becomes super fast, and attacks 16 times= Major pwness

How's it sound?

Zeromus_X
12-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Well, he can pretty much do that pretty effectively even without speed boosts (Valiant Knives/Ultima Weapon). Of course, any character in FFVI can become reasonably overpowered (*cough* Gau *cough*). Unless you're talking about creating the most efficient killing machine, and I guess Lock would work out for that.

Goldenboko
12-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Well, he can pretty much do that pretty effectively even without speed boosts (Valiant Knives/Ultima Weapon). Of course, any character in FFVI can become reasonably overpowered (*cough* Gau *cough*). Unless you're talking about creating the most efficient killing machine, and I guess Lock would work out for that.

Locke's the fastest character in the game, thus I chose him, and yes, I'm going for a killing machine :mwahaha:

abrojtm
12-11-2006, 04:38 AM
If you do this in FFVI:A, I think Gilgamesh gives an even higher growth rate for Agility.

Goldenboko
12-11-2006, 04:43 AM
If you do this in FFVI:A, I think Gilgamesh gives an even higher growth rate for Agility.
Nope doing it in Anthology. At the moment I'm level 42 and both of the weapons can do 1,200 damage each hit with offering, so if I had Quick I could do 19,200 damage 1200*16=19,200.

Wolf Kanno
12-11-2006, 06:49 AM
What's his second weapon? Atma weapon or Valient Knife? It really changes the strategy.

If Atma, raise your HP so you can do more damage consistently.

Flying Mullet
12-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Giglamesh And Odin both give a +2 level boost to Speed/Agility.

Captain Maxx Power
12-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Gem Box + Economiser + Ultima = As much pwning as you could possibly need.

Ender
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Locke's speed might make him good as the ultimate killing machine, but that type of uber character isn't necessary for anyone to beat this game. If you like seeing how much damage one guy can do, that's one thing, but for all practical purposes there's not much reason for it.

Anyway, Gem Box + Ultima + Ultima = most powerful strategy for the most-difficult battles. Maybe throw a Quick in there for extra Ultimas. A character with high MP (or Terra in Esper Form) will cause max-damage to every enemy on the screen uniformly. So for a single enemy the Locke strategy might get you more damage, against several enemies, the total amount of damage caused by chained Ultimas will far exceed what Locke can accomplish.

Peter_20
12-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Über-speed is cool, but I prefer boosting all chars' Speed equally (42-50 or so); the rest I use for Vigor and MagPwr whoring. :thumb:

This is probably the best ending results:

VIGOR: 110+
SPEED: 42+
STAMINA: --- (whatever)
MAGPWR: 128

VeloZer0
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Although having Locke kill Kefka in one move always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Flying Mullet
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I usually get speed to 50-60 and then work on Magic Power and Vigor.

The Unknown Guru
12-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Here's what i do.

Quick on the Gem Box/Economizer Person. That's 4 Ultimas.
Then have Gogo Mimic for 8 Ultimas total. About 80k damage in two turns for 4 MP.

Quick on the damage machine works pretty well, too.

Shadowdust
12-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Über-speed is cool, but I prefer boosting all chars' Speed equally (42-50 or so); the rest I use for Vigor and MagPwr whoring. :thumb:

This is probably the best ending results:

VIGOR: 110+
SPEED: 42+
STAMINA: --- (whatever)
MAGPWR: 128

Thank you! I thought I'd never meet someone who does that. :D

Bunny
12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Here's what i do.

Quick on the Gem Box/Economizer Person. That's 4 Ultimas.
Then have Gogo Mimic for 8 Ultimas total. About 80k damage in two turns for 4 MP.

Quick on the damage machine works pretty well, too.

And if needed, combine the strategies. Bye everyone.

Peter_20
12-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I always boost Edgar's Vigor until it reaches the 120's.
This makes him God-like with the AutoCrossbow - 9999 DMG on all enemies! :thumb:

Same goes for basically all multi-hit attacks, e.g. Sabin's Air Blade. :D

Shadowdust
12-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Indeed. My final Edgar usually comes out with 123 M. Power and 124 Vigor, not to mention Speed at 50. He's probably my strongest overall character out of the bunch. And of course, Strago is my weakest with 105 M. Power and 105 Vigor. I had to focus more levels on speed since he's so friggin' slow. :p

One thing for sure, trying to get the best stats possible definitely adds to the difficulty of the game. I had to get all the way through to the Floating Continent at Level 13 in order to achieve maximum results with Strago and Relm, not to mention Shadow.

boys from the dwarf
12-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Gem Box + Economiser + Ultima = As much pwning as you could possibly need.

leveling up someone with zoneseek or tritoch to get the magic +2 bonus until ultima does 9999 damage then giving them the gem box

ultima
quick
ultima
ultima
ultima
osmose

is also a very good way to deal heavy damage. thats 39,996 damage i believe.

49,995 if you have the economiser.

it is quite cheap considering kefka only has 60,000 HP, but FF6 ,when you have all of the tricks like this, is usually very easy.

thanks to quick, you can cast life 3 on everyone in just one round.

Flying Mullet
12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Getting everyone's speed up to 60+ makes just about any strategy an ultimate strategy since their turns occur so much faster in battle.

eurotrash
12-21-2006, 07:21 AM
i steal another ultima weapon from one of the guys on the last 'level' leading up to kefka
1 attack of the genji glove/offering combo with any sword wielding character (with enough hp that is) is enough to put kefka out of comission

Zechs
12-22-2006, 03:25 AM
I sometimes go for that nearly invincible character strategy. Makes things nice, quick and conveniant.

Banzai
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
this game needs no strategy.
vanish-doom 'em all.
just kidding, as using a bug of the game to take an advantage is surely cheating, MAINLY by killing bosses with it.
but anyway, this game is so easy to finish after you get used to it...
but making 100% of the game is almost impossible.
show me a save file with all of gau's rages and strago's lores, and my ass is yours.

Xurts
01-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Like others have said: X Magic + Quick + Ultima + Economizer.

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2007, 04:11 AM
the GBA remake got rid of vanish doom, but personally. Cyan Quick then Quadra Slice, beat the final boss taking 0 damage!

THE JACKEL

Siegfried
01-09-2007, 02:33 AM
My friend and I were talking about this today...An ultimate strategy that might be fun to try...
As soon as you get Ramuh equip it and keep it equiped...For the plus 2 Stamina...get the plus 2 stamina for the rest of the game and always have a cure ring or something like that on, eventually the regen will be doing so much it will be like a regualr cure 2, making the person invincible!

ljkkjlcm9
01-09-2007, 02:39 AM
eventually the regen will be doing so much it will be like a regualr cure 2, making the person invincible!

Except against spells that do massive damage, or moves like Fallen one... all it takes it one more hit soon after, which happens sometimes.

That's why Fire shield with merton is preferred, do damage and heal 6000 plus, use a gembox, heal max every turn

THE JACKEL

Goldenboko
01-09-2007, 02:43 AM
w00t.... I forgot about this thread. Anyway, my Ultimate Strategy beats just about every 1-part boss in the game. Kefka= Dies in 1, Atma= Dies in 1.... :p

Siegfried
01-09-2007, 05:06 AM
eventually the regen will be doing so much it will be like a regualr cure 2, making the person invincible!

Except against spells that do massive damage, or moves like Fallen one... all it takes it one more hit soon after, which happens sometimes.

That's why Fire shield with merton is preferred, do damage and heal 6000 plus, use a gembox, heal max every turn

THE JACKAL

This is true but ou dont get Merton till you are in the Tower...my strategy might work earlier when fighting lower lvl bosses. Again this is an expiramental strategy as I have only thought of it today

ljkkjlcm9
01-09-2007, 05:16 AM

THE JACKAL

This is true but ou dont get Merton till you are in the Tower...my strategy might work earlier when fighting lower lvl bosses. Again this is an expiramental strategy as I have only thought of it today

I would think you'd have to get to a really high level for that to be effective, equal to that of going into the tower. Plus you can just go kill the dragons ASAP, and get the spell earlier.

THE JACKEL

Xurts
01-09-2007, 08:05 PM

THE JACKAL
I didn't even learn Merton when I played. You get it too late in the game, so I just stuck with Ultima.