PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery of the Pink Chocobo: Solved

Chemical
12-11-2006, 07:49 AM
It was a dank and dreary evening; you know, one of those days you wish the secretary would warm up your buns, your cinnamon buns. The time couldn't pass any slower and here I was working on the case of the stolen Ciddie; a kid's crime really and I already knew who did it but papa needs a new Nintendo DS and had to stay on the clock.

Then like a flare up of herpes she came into my life; unexpectedly and she made me burn up under the collar. Her name was <i>Chemical</i>, the kind of girl "you'd bring home but not to your momma." The world was black and white except for those ruby red lips, a pop eye's candy cigarette dantily pressed between them. She sat at the edge of my desk, Hmmm maybe I'll have rump roast for dinner... in any case this dame was hot.

"I need a favour Dick, I need you to do me a personal favour." She said, And I swear if I didn't already know that ShlupQuack did it I would have sworn that this dame was the real theif of the Most Sexiest Female Ciddie. I tossed the files I was working on to the side, played it real cool blowing on my vintage Sherlock Holmse bubble pipe. "Yes, Miss, I'll do anything to get... I mean I'll do anything to help you."

"I need you to solve the case of the Pink Chocobo. Very peculair case Mr. Dick and you see I don't trust no one but the best... and well you see Mr. Dick it's like this. I think all the girls at EoFF are getting offed - I'm the only dame left and I fear for my life. I need you to keep me safe."

Clearly this dame wasn't all that bright, everyone who was anyone knew that the chocobos beside the name don't show gender; they showed the user online status and this girl was invisible. But she didn't have to know that, not yet anyways. So if you'll you excuse me I have a beautiful idiot to hide <s>in my pants</s>.

-----------------------------

Yeah so laugh it up you jerks.
But you can't laugh forever!

Araciel
12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
masterful

Shlup
12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Dick's working on getting my stolen Ciddies away from Christmas, foa, BoB, and smittenkitten? What a sweetheart.

Yamaneko
12-11-2006, 07:58 AM
ShlupQuack -- always looking out for the little man

Shlup
12-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I'm super thoughtful.

Yamaneko
12-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Personally I never saw the point of going invisible. I mean, who are you really trying to fool?

Martyr
12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
masterful

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Araciel
12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
(there's an option to go invisible?)

yeah what purpose would it serve? spying?

Chemical
12-11-2006, 08:06 AM
I like to be invisible because it hides the sad and depressing truth of how frequently I'm actually on; it also stops people from seeing what I'm looking at ... or who. :shifty:

Araciel
12-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I like to be invisible because it hides the sad and depressing truth of how frequently I'm actually on; it also stops people from seeing what I'm looking at ... or who. :shifty:

so spying

Martyr
12-11-2006, 08:13 AM

so spying

Nah. She's just ashamed of herself for liking a bunch of geeks like us.

"Don't worry Chem! I'm ashamed of making that pic you uploaded the backround for my desktop!"

Shlup
12-11-2006, 08:14 AM
That's one of my favorite things about being an admin: Seeing invisible users and seeing everything everyone is doing.

Araciel
12-11-2006, 08:14 AM
makes sense i guess...i'd be ashamed if i was a geek like me too

:(

Yamaneko
12-11-2006, 08:23 AM
I like resolving people's IPs and finding out where they live.

Araciel
12-11-2006, 08:24 AM
ha.... O.o

Samuraid
12-11-2006, 08:24 AM
The points brought up in this topic is likely one of the reasons for this: :shifty:

theundeadhero
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm still convinved that pink chocobos mean girls and that your the only one left.

Loony BoB
12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't get it. :(

Christmas
12-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't get it. :(

Chemical
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
*translation:

I made the mistake of thinking that the stupid chocobo's beside the name stood for someone's gender... I argued till I was blue in the face. The blue ones ment you were a guy, the yellow ones ment non-gendered and the pink ones ment you were a female.

Oddly enough I was the only female.

Then Shlup came along and I found out the horrible horrible truth. Clearly you had to be there.
So I made the thread to get the humiliation over and done with... plus I was bored and felt a little creative.

Araciel
12-11-2006, 12:19 PM
it's true i'm non-gender though apparently...people don't know what i am half the time

Christmas
12-11-2006, 12:23 PM
GENDER? ASK BIG BIRD (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=22) ABOUT MY GENDER.

I COULDN'T EVEN BOTHER NOW.

edit: The more pissed you get, the more merry that person will be.

Xander
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Where are pink ones, I've never seen any... :confused:

Loony BoB
12-11-2006, 12:26 PM
GENDER? ASK BIG BIRD (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=22) ABOUT MY GENDER.

I COULDN'T EVEN BOTHER NOW.

edit: The more pissed you get, the more merry that person will be.
It was terribly difficult watching Award Guy happily accept nominations and votes for you in Best Female. Tsk tsk.

Chemical
12-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Where are pink ones, I've never seen any... :confused:

If you go to User CP and set your status to invisible mode your own chocobo icon turns pink. You're the only one who can see it and you can't see anyone elses because they appear offline.

See attachment for more detail.

Araciel
12-11-2006, 12:37 PM
...and since you're never online, you're always a girl

Xander
12-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, I remember, I always thought they were red, but eh. ^_^

sephirothishere
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
WHOA MEGADUMB MEGABABE....MEGATASTIC......sometimes i jsu crack myself up..^^....

Shauna
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
*translation:

I made the mistake of thinking that the stupid chocobo's beside the name stood for someone's gender... I argued till I was blue in the face. The blue ones ment you were a guy, the yellow ones ment non-gendered and the pink ones ment you were a female.

Oddly enough I was the only female.

Then Shlup came along and I found out the horrible horrible truth. Clearly you had to be there.

That was great. I laughed. :cool: Non gendered. xD

WHOA MEGADUMB MEGABABE....MEGATASTIC......sometimes i jsu crack myself up..^^....

Are you gonna take that, Chemical? >=o!

Madonna
12-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Private eye stories make me happy.

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Private eye stories make me happy.

Especially when they narrarate themselves. :tongue:

Madonna
12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
What other kind could there be?

Jess
12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
One time I logged on and my chocobo was pink and it took me forever to find out why. :(

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
What other kind could there be?
:shifty: Umm...the non-narrative kind?