zebaroth
12-11-2006, 08:14 AM
who thinks that SE shold do remake of Final Fantasy VII for
the PS3 they could have a way for you to bring back Aires
and have Red XIII find a tribe of his kind and a mate
and voice overs in it:D

RiseToFall
12-11-2006, 08:30 AM
I believe I'm starting to see the pattern here. This thread has to be made once a month or a FFVII fanboy (like me) dies.

vorpal blade
12-11-2006, 09:13 AM
the PS3
Agreed. If not for us, then for their wallets.

they could have a way for you to bring back Aires

Aeris is dead, deal with it! But if there is a way, it should not be accessable until you beat the game.

and voice overs in it

I suppose... after all, he has descendants, and he doiesn't seem like the asexual species (he does have a mother and a fatrher) so he must find a tribe somewhere. Maybe he'll find a girl that thinks she's a chocobo.

Wild0ne
12-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I personally believe they should remake VII-IX on ps3. I would buy them even at $60. Come to think of it wouldn't it be nice if they remade all up to IX on the ps3?? I mean FFI looking like a Obilivion sorts where you get to chose your classes. And a high res remake of FFIV with up to date graphics??? Then people will realize why this game is so good. The story is the best in the series...

Christmas
12-11-2006, 12:49 PM

ME! :bigsmile:

Levian
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
A remake would be kinda cool, actually. They could fix up some dialogue, add in some new side quests etc. Generally make it a bit different so people could enjoy experiencing FF7 all over again with new stuff. :D Aeris needs to stay dead, though. Story generally doesn't get changed in remakes and that for a good reason. :D I don't see this happening any time soon, though. :p

LunarWeaver
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I would love a remake!

Crossblades
12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Personally I don't care for a remake. I'm just fine having the original version

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-11-2006, 08:38 PM
who wudn't luv a remake, hell i'd buy a ps3 just so i cud play the remake!:D however interviews have indicated that IF (thats a big IF people) they did start making it agen, we'd be talkin ps4 or 5 by the time it was finished!!!

Mirage
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
No, no and no.

Avarice-ness
12-11-2006, 09:47 PM
No, no and no.

Rostum
12-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Remake would be cool. But reviving Aeris is a big no -- it would totally screw over Advent Children, and all that we've been told about her death.

Dragon Mage
12-15-2006, 02:08 AM
I personally believe they should remake VII-IX on ps3. I would buy them even at $60. Come to think of it wouldn't it be nice if they remade all up to IX on the ps3?? I mean FFI looking like a Obilivion sorts where you get to chose your classes. And a high res remake of FFIV with up to date graphics??? Then people will realize why this game is so good. The story is the best in the series...

I agree. It would revitalize the series. People (like me) usually don't want to start something right in the middle of a series, which they will becuase of graphics. They may not know that each game is seperate from the others, and won't want to come in the middle of something that they wouldn't understand. And as you all know, there is a Final Fantasy stigma. People have the general opinion that FF is just stupid and gay when they really wouldn't understand such a deep plot because they played a game at a young age, hearing it was really good from some older person; one that could apprieciate such a plot that all FF's have. Remaking some of the best games there are in the series, with the graphics to lure them in, would make FF much more popular again and may remove the FF stigma a bit.

who wudn't luv a remake, hell i'd buy a ps3 just so i cud play the remake! however interviews have indicated that IF (thats a big IF people) they did start making it agen, we'd be talkin ps4 or 5 by the time it was finished!!!

Sorry, but that's PS4 or PS5 is a bit unrealistic. The whole point of CGI is that it looks real but isn't. Otherwise the makers would just shoot the whole thing live. The PS3 has state-of-the-art graphics, the kind people want. Lifelike, but still otherworldly--it enhances the whole viewing effect. Unless they want to make something like the Wii, I don't believe there will be anymore playstations coming out. Possibly if they want to smooth out any bumps in the PS3, but that would be more like a PS3:Enhanced, kind of deal.

Othewise, I would love to see a remake.

Mirage
12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
You're mistaken, people will never think graphics are "too" good, except in the first few months after a new console is released :p.

And I actually think they don't use actors because they want to have a CG look. It's more like they don't use actors because actors can't do all the crazy shut that computer animated characters can :p.

Deathchant
12-15-2006, 04:58 PM
i don't need PS3, but if FF7 comes out, I will buy the PS3 immediately, even if i only use it for FF7

Fatal Impurity
12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
i think it would be good time to sort out all the things that didnt make FF7 the best game ever for me...(graphics, sound, easiness, difficulty, glitchyness)

Crop
12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Sorry, but that's PS4 or PS5 is a bit unrealistic.

Well Sony have already announced that they are going to make another console. As have Microsoft.

Dr. Acula
12-17-2006, 12:59 AM
I think they should make a remake, but not yet. I just got a new copy of the original version of FF7 so I don't think I'm ready for a remake just yet!
Anyway, they should improve the graphics (duh) and maybe fix some of the mistranslations. But only some. Not the ones that make the dialogue funnier ("This guy are sick"). However one thing they should NOT do is make Aeris revivable. That's just wrong.

silentenigma
12-17-2006, 05:09 PM
yes, I would love an FFVII remake...but only after all the others before it have been remade of course...which leaves FFIV,V, and VI...

Dragon Mage
12-18-2006, 03:02 AM
You're mistaken, people will never think graphics are "too" good, except in the first few months after a new console is released :p.

And I actually think they don't use actors because they want to have a CG look. It's more like they don't use actors because actors can't do all the crazy shut that computer animated characters can :p.

Oh no, there's no such thing as too good: Just too realistic. The whole thing that's so appealing about CG is that is almost looks real but it's obvious it isn't. The whole 'smooth' and 'soft' look of CG is oddly appealing, for no apparent reason. It just is. Though your right about the stunts, the CG look is what really makes it.

Well Sony have already announced that they are going to make another console. As have Microsoft.

Ah, yes that would be something similar to the Wii, like I said before.

zebaroth
12-18-2006, 07:08 AM
PS4or5 maby but I think there might a remake be in the works dose.nt
remember the ps3 tech demo they showed at E3 few yaers ago

The Mog Ninja
12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
i heard rumours they were remaking FFVII for PS3, but i was convinced they were just rumours. it would be way better tho...but reviving aerith, NO. maybe in the remake aerith could be dead from the start, that'd appeal me more.

chrisfffan
12-23-2006, 02:31 PM
im sure it will happen i mean why wouldnt they remake the game? they would make loads of money.

Crossblades
12-23-2006, 03:05 PM
im sure it will happen i mean why wouldnt they remake the game? they would make loads of money.

Because it takes WAY too much time to remake an entire game and release it on a console such as the PS3. The Tech Demo alone took about 3 months to make. Image how long it would take if it was the entire game. Square Enix would rather dedicate that time to other projects.

Meat Puppet
12-23-2006, 03:09 PM
This forum has seen some pretty good remake suggestions made in the past. I have an example so good, it got archived: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=72819

A remake wouldn’t be bad. I mean, with the technology and power of the PS3, SE would now be able to put giant dewback lizards in Midgar’s background.
I probably wouldn’t be able to beat the game, though.

Timerk
12-23-2006, 03:23 PM
No, no and no.

Omni-Odin
12-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I think that if people really want to have a FFVII remake, they should shut it. I love FFVII, but it makes us fanboys look stupid for constantly talking about it.

Also, I think if people really want to have a VII remake, they should just play the game as it is.

I just hate how everyone relies on graphics now-a-days. It's terribly annoying.

The Crystal
12-24-2006, 12:54 AM

Because it takes WAY too much time to remake an entire game and release it on a console such as the PS3. The Tech Demo alone took about 3 months to make. Image how long it would take if it was the entire game. Square Enix would rather dedicate that time to other projects.

SE can work in many projects at the same time. I cannot see why this is a problem.

And people have to remember that if SE remake the game, it will have some changes in the storyline. Some things about the original game were retconed in the Compilation, and they will be retconed in a remake. And SE will probably create new FMVs and cutscenes to give a little of "eyecandy" to us.

Darth Anarcus
12-24-2006, 03:14 AM
I think it'd be a great idea. That game could definitely use a tune-up.

TRANS_AM409
12-24-2006, 07:08 PM
if they make a remake (witch i hope they do) they should'ent tamper with the story at all leave it the same exept for improved graphics and voice overs i mean you cant improve upon prefection!

Dreddz
12-24-2006, 09:30 PM
FFVII is the ideal game to be remade, but I'd not like it to happen, for the sake of ruining the original. I'd like all these FFVII sequels/prequels to stop now thanks.

Dragon Mage
12-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey, I just heard from a friend that a remake of FF7 has been confirmed!

cloud21zidane16
12-28-2006, 01:26 AM

your friend is lying

G3ORGE
12-28-2006, 02:11 AM
Has anyone noticed that the only living thing to make a sound in VII were the cats and dogs? rofl.

Ouch!
12-28-2006, 06:10 PM
With how time consuming it is supposed to be to make games for the PS3 (I've not heard any specific statistics, but from what I understand, it's a lot more work than the other consoles), I can't imagine that they'd be able to justify spending the time making a remake of Final Fantasy VII when they're already working on multiple newer titles.

If SE did decide to do a remake, I'd much rather see FFIX than FFVII, though I know that would never happen. It's a shame, really. At least I'm content with the original.

Shiny
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
They should have done a remake in the first place instead of making all those spin-offs.

Crossblades
12-28-2006, 06:31 PM

your friend is lying

And we need proof before we can believe that

Dragon Mage
12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
your friend is lying

She has no good reason to do so. And give proof that she is.

And we need proof before we can believe that

Of course. That's why I asked her where her cousin had obtained this information. However, she couldn't remember exactly, and said she will ask her cousin next time she saw him. The answer is pending. So hold on, I'll be able to give you the source in due time.

leader of mortals
12-29-2006, 01:52 AM
we all know that if there is a remake, they shouldnt fix aeris's "this guy are sick", but after she says it have cloud say..."what are you, a stupid no-grammer retard" and i know everyone agrees.

Crop
12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
They should have done a remake in the first place instead of making all those spin-offs.

Finally someone else thinks that.

chrisfffan
12-29-2006, 06:01 PM
a remake is what all the fans want who agrees? i think if everyone had a choice we would of said a remake instead of spin offs!

Kuldian
12-30-2006, 04:04 AM
Dragon Mage - I've heard the same thing, but these words holds stronger. I have a really good friend who works for SE and he just informed me that a FFVII remake for PS3 is about to happend. Tho, I cannot give you any proof of the matter yet, but soon :)

I.. CANT... RESIST... IT! *unleasing a joyfull shout* OOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOD THIS IS GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

I'm not quite sure when they will announce it for the public, just stay calm and trust me, I'm an honest person.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you will doubt this, but I'm sure I'll be the person saying: "I told you so"

:)

Dragon Mage
12-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Yessssssssss! Ha ha! Now that truly makes me happy Kuldian, and I've been having a very bad day.

but I'm sure I'll be the person saying: "I told you so"

I wouldn't doubt it ;)

Moon Rabbits
12-30-2006, 05:40 PM

Or we could leave FFVII alone, because, you know it was good to begin with. Really good, actually. The plot was wonderful, but then SE did the whole ruining it thing. They ruined the majesty of the ending too, when they made a sequel that totally removed the "make your own ending"-feel from the little Red-XIII tidbit in the ending.

No. Leave Aries dead. Reviving her ruins the emotion of her death scene.

No. Don't let Red-XIII find a tribe in game. That was implied when he had children in the end.

Leave this game alone :(

Dragon Mage
01-01-2007, 04:32 AM
You know how much a copy of FF7 goes for on amazon? 60$!!! It's soo darn popular and there's not enough to go around. SE could start manufacturing it again, but the graphics would turn away the whole next generation of gamers that they really want to rope in. So the only option would be to remake the game.

Aeris is dead and that's how dead people should stay.

G3ORGE
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
my game lags up in cutscenes and all my characters have turned to polygon messes :(

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
As much as I would like to play this game with graphics that we have now, I don't want to see a remake. Ever heard the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, there is nothing wrong with the classic and some games should be left as a classic because there is too much things that they could screw up on if they did a remake. So I believe that they should leave it alone. And for the whole bring Aerith back to life, one word, NO! Because if you do that, then that screws up the whole time line for Final Fantasy 7 and all the sequals. But the Red XIII idea doesn't sound too bad, but they need to just leave it alone.

FFfan7
01-13-2007, 02:12 AM
sounds great!i got the game when i was younger for christmas and still love it to this day.i really hope that they make a remake.....hmm dont know what to say hmm im new here:( well bye then

senecawolf
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I read in a magazine(possibly Game Informer but I can't remember now for the life of me) that they were also going to remake 8 and 9. They also provided screenshots for the remade version of 7. I'm not sure why they're making all these sequels all of the sudden but I wonder if it has something to do with the love triangle in it?

Clord
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
For SE remake sometimes not mean best graphics etc but making new better engine and adding many improvisations compared to original game, new areas, storyline changes etc.

TheBanzaiKitten
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
(New guy here!)

They might, but not in a long time. Right now they should be working on the FFXIII trio and whatever else they are. They already remade the entire 1st half of the series and VII is next in line so it's not impossible. If they did I would want...
-Better graphics
-Voice overs maybe...(it might wreck the experience)
-Same extras for all countries who get it (Come on, we don't need a repeat here)
-NO way of bringing Aerith back (It might also wreck the experience of the original)
-Just don't ruin it.

G3ORGE
01-21-2007, 11:00 AM
i wanted to play my PS1 version today but it allways freezes on the intro :'(

ReloadPsi
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
My feelings are so mixed on this subject. I want a remake but I'm afraid they'll change too much and ruin it.

And I don't want voiceovers. They ruin almost any game. Remember how long it took to play through FFX the second time?

thegirth
01-21-2007, 07:09 PM
[quote=Dr. Acula;2031118] and maybe fix some of the mistranslations. But only some. Not the ones that make the dialogue funnier ("This guy are sick"). quote]
i was just gonna say that, agreed

Psychotic
01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe expand on the Cloud-Barret love story.

Also give Mukki more scenes.

Cumulus Cloud
01-22-2007, 07:48 AM
actually, when i went to my local game store to find ffvii (and they DID NOT :eek: ), the store guy said that ffvii would be on the ps3. Eventually, it would be available for preorder (along with ffxiii), but when i went there, it was not...*wishes it comes soon*.

Mirage
01-22-2007, 08:04 AM
He's either lying, or ignorant of the facts.

ReloadPsi
01-22-2007, 08:10 AM
kool is dis da sem stor wer i can pre ordr duke nukem 4eva

Cumulus Cloud
01-22-2007, 08:46 AM
kool is dis da sem stor wer i can pre ordr duke nukem 4eva

uh...your bad grammar hurts my eyes...i think i'm blind. *decodes message*the store was gamecrazy. Well, i've also seen FFVII for the ps3 on 1up.com. But that's been disproven *sigh*. I...think...newayz;)

Well, if there was an ffvii remake on, i would be...:eek: ...*compares lego graphics to cgi*...about the whole aeris revival thing..nonono...However, there will probably be cheat codes for you to use Aeris after she's dead..It could be that the remake could add on to things that those damn rip...i mean...spinoffs hAD..like adding genesis as an optional/storyline boss......

Well, square, at least release the ps1 ffvii version again...i mean, come on...there's no way i'm gonna pay 60-200 dorrers for a regular ps1 game...

ReloadPsi
01-22-2007, 08:49 AM
This is how I normally type. I lapse into bad grammar when I want to be ironic.

I'm basically saying that this is one of those stores that will try and cash in on people thinking they can preorder something that's nowhere near being released (or possibly non-existent). At the moment, this is common with Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development for ten years with no set release date (other than "When it's done", and earlier claims it would be out in '98), yet numerous stores claim to be taking preorders.

Don't let them pull your leg, sir. There is absolutely no confirmation of the FF7 remake whatsoever; just look at those FF6 and FF8 tech demos. We never saw full games of those, and until Squeenix officially say otherwise, we won't see this either.

Raebus
01-22-2007, 09:09 AM
No, no and no.

Cumulus Cloud
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
This is how I normally type. I lapse into bad grammar when I want to be ironic.

I'm basically saying that this is one of those stores that will try and cash in on people thinking they can preorder something that's nowhere near being released (or possibly non-existent). At the moment, this is common with Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development for ten years with no set release date (other than "When it's done", and earlier claims it would be out in '98), yet numerous stores claim to be taking preorders.

Don't let them pull your leg, sir. There is absolutely no confirmation of the FF7 remake whatsoever; just look at those FF6 and FF8 tech demos. We never saw full games of those, and until Squeenix officially say otherwise, we won't see this either.

lol i couldn't and wouldn't be able to preorder the thing....so couldn't cash in anything :) Besides even if it was available for preorder, i'd wait for the game to come out, then i'll pay for it--that's how it usually is for me...

Actually, ffvi is being made for the gba, coming out in february. And so have ff1, ff2, ff4, and ff5 (excluding ff3, it was the first time to be released in the states). If it continues with this trend, there could, not is, be an ff7 remake for some kind of console/handheld... About this duke nukem forever....it should be good if it took that long to make..or it could be filling your heart with lies and leading you on. so:tteot was quite good, it was made for 10 years

Jess
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd like to play a remake. It'd be nice to see what they could do with the game, like with new sidequests and the like. No reviving Aeris though, she should be left dead. :jess:

Mercen-X
01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I was rescripting and redesigning Final Fantasy VII to better match Advent Children, but people weren't very supportive of me so I ditched the concept and morphed my "remake" into a work of its own. The characters are different with different names and a different order of appearance. The plot flows similarly to VII: rebels try to damage a tyrannical corporation, meet a madman bent on destroying the planet, battle hordes of loyal henchman and monstrous creatures, and finally win the day.

I'd like to see a remake of FF7, if only because the original was too undecided in its technology (switching between full-scale characters and the use of miniature avatar midget-things).

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-11-2007, 10:17 PM
A remake would be kinda cool, actually. They could fix up some dialogue, add in some new side quests etc. Generally make it a bit different so people could enjoy experiencing FF7 all over again with new stuff. :D Aeris needs to stay dead, though. Story generally doesn't get changed in remakes and that for a good reason. :D I don't see this happening any time soon, though. :p

I agree to that the story should stay the same... Ultima weapon shopuld be obtained from beating Ultima Weapon but OmniSlash should be obtained easier. Sephiroth should be a bit harder though... and they should make it as 3D as FFX-FFXII and with voices from FFVII:AC

Aerisfanatic
02-17-2007, 04:59 AM

i think they should remake it but keep the same story line, or at leaste make aeris live lnger or if you can res her when you beat the game, and i dont know why ppl think she is anoying when she lived she didnt have a long monologue through out and if she did oyu had her in yur party alot i love aeris as you can see in my name and you have no actual reason for yur hate towards her personaly if i could choose wich character to die it would definitley not aeris maby cait sith or cid or yuffieand dont call her names like sl**t and h*e like ive seen in other threads she was suppose to be the most beautiful character in the game and she has a dress up to hner ancles if thats a h*e then wats tifa well srry about the rant i just hate when ppl trash and say things that dont make any sense.... and they should definitley remake it just same awsome story line but with better graphics.....AERIS RULES!!

Fonzie
02-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Meh, Aeris wasn't that great of a person in my eyes. Tifa was much better. A remake would be nice, though the chances are slim.