PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke

Araciel
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
(should say karaoke...but i suck)

anyone do it?

do you have to be drunk or with support on stage?

any funny karaokee stories?

why do i wanna know?? i don't know

The Captain
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm not a fan of it myself as I prefer playing the songs themselves with the band I'm in as opposed to just singing them with a machine, but there is a real appeal in it and I have no problem watching or listening to others doing it, usually when they're nice and drunk.

Take care all.

Resha
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
I've gone with me friends, sure, but we only usually sing nursery rhymes. I'm not confident enough to sing out loud like that in front of people!

escobert
12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I did it one time to the song Victory by Puff Daddy and B.I.G.. It was funnay!

aquatius
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I love singing. Even if I look like an ass I'll probs do it.

SeeDRankLou
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
There are several bars where I live that have a karaoke night or two a week. I actually did karaoke last night, sang Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy. I'm decent I guess, people usually applaud. It's fun, and this one place I go to the karaoke DJ is somewhat of a comedian, and he's usually pretty funny. My level of drunkeness just determines what I am willing to sing, not if I'll sing or not.

One time one of my friends was a tad drunk onstage, I forget what he was singing, but there was a break in the singing, so he decided to dance a little. He lost his balance, fell backwards and pulled like four wall-length curtains down with him.

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2006, 07:33 AM
One of my previous jobs involved running karaoke. But we didn't have access to alcohol so you can just imagine how difficult it was to get people to sing...

So we did alot of contests. Yet people still refused to go up first, so I always ended up filling the first slot and I always sang incredibly embarrassing songs to make people feel better about going on stage. I apparently do a wicked "My Heart Will Go" by Celine Dion...:eek:

But the best memories I had, were the end of the contests. We always did something special. My boss, coworkers and I finished our first contest with us singing "Hey Jude" by The Beatles. Another funny and memorable moment was the year we got like thirty people on stage at the end to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

Happy times :cool:

Roogle
12-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Yes, one of my odd hobbies is karaoke singer. I manage to get a recording out of it every now and then, too.

Cankook
12-13-2006, 12:01 AM
My sister pwns a karoke bar so i've dont it a bunch of times. It's pretty fun but I will never get over singing in front of people, it feels awkward. Especially since I'm not the best public speaker. The best time was when a friend of mine sang Rocky Mountain High in a Hardcore Metal singing voice. Classic.:D

Araciel
12-13-2006, 04:13 AM
Yes, one of my odd hobbies is karaoke singer. I manage to get a recording out of it every now and then, too.

DUDE with the accent it's awesome!

SeeDRankLou
12-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I thought of another funny story that I can't believe I forgot. So, as I said in my last post, the karaoke dj (Todd) at one of the bars I go to is a pretty funny guy. It was some guy's birthday, and he was wearing this red wig for some reason. Somewhere along the night in the drunken debauchery the wig starts getting passed around to people. Todd ends up with it, and he puts it on onstage. The guy working the karaoke discs thinks it's pretty funny, and he puts in "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid, the red wig did kind of look like Ariel's hair. But Todd is thinking that this wig looks like Cher when she had her hair red. So Todd sings "Part of Your World" in an uncanny Cher voice that would have made Jack McFarland proud. It was truely one of the most hilarious real life sights I have ever seen, and it's a shame it wasn't captured on film.

Amdusias
12-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Kareoke can be a lot of fun if you have a bit o liquid courage in ya. Especially with your friends. One of these days I really need to start posting some of my band jamz into an LJ or attatch a vid fil to a thread.

musicsoccer
12-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Ah yes, Kareoke. Lets see... I've done it once when i was a kid in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Forgot the song but all i remember is being really shy. Then like 3 years ago my friend and i sometimes went kareokeing to a bowling alley bar and all i have to say is people have guts. No funny moments that i can remember just the fact that Tokyo spends most of its time Kareokeing more than video games and watching tv which doesn't shock me (saw it on Travel Channel's special on Tokyo)

The Real Dark Messenger
12-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I absolutely love Kareoke. But I guess that's because I love to sing a lot - and I am quite good at it too... just not when I am drunk and trying to remember the words for R. Kelly's "I Believe I can Fly"... damn, that was embarresing.

Breine
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I only do it when I'm really, really drunk... and then it's a whole lot of fun :D

Karaoke is meant for people who can't sing. It's not funny when someone who knows how to sing takes the mike.. then it's only embarrassing.