PDA

View Full Version : Random Guests?

ShunNakamura
12-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Well this is the first time I ever recall this happening to me.

Was coming back to Igros from the thieves' hideout place and got into a random battle on Mandalia plains. When the screen pans around I gave an exclaimation to myself. It appeared as if there were 4 enemy chocobos and 3 enemy panthers that I could see(sometimes I don't notice them all in that first panning). Out numbered and out healed. Low and behold some of the chocobos begin infighting one another.

It turns out one of the chocobo's was a guest. This guest just happend to be the highest level amoung the enemy side and had some nice brave and faith for a random monster. He really kicked some enemy butt. Was kinda hoping the game would let me keep him, but alas no.

But anyways this is the first time that happened to me, I don't ever remember getting random guests in random battles. Confused me to no end when I saw them fighting themselves:confused: (that is to I checked closer :p).

Topic- What experiences have you had with random guests.

dodhungry
12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
I love getting random guest cause like you said they seem to be better for some reason.

I have had all kinds of guest...dragons, chocobos, panthers, and, even a female archer with very good stats :)

OH and to get them into your party you gotta cast invite on them with like a mediator.

BG-57
12-12-2006, 02:22 AM
The classic is Zeklaus Desert with a single Knight versus a Bull Demon.

LazarCotoron
12-12-2006, 03:11 AM
I think the best one was with the impossibly placed 'Death from Above' Dragoon who had maxed out jump and was placed on top of the volcano.

Another good one was in the Deep Dungeon when I got one the three headed dragons to fight on my side. Too bad the very first thing it did was end the enemy that I was planning on stealing everything off of... That was one poached three headed guest, let me tell you.

MogThief
12-12-2006, 04:39 AM
A Dragoon guest at Bervenia Volcano? I have never seen that before. Which way do come from to see this guest?

I like the one at Finath River, with the gang of bull demons and goblins against a gang of behemoths led by their master, a pisco demon.

Dark Messenger
12-23-2006, 11:47 AM
I've never seen the Dragoon at the Volcano, but at Bed Desert there was a Red Dragon VS Green Dragons and maybe an Archer or an Oracle. The Red Dragon usually goes after the Archer/Oracle first, except for when my Math Skill/Setiemson/Two-Wizard-Rod Summoner Holy'd the Oracle!

Also, I've has a Dragoon girl on my side at Mandalia against a male Archer, another Dragoon girl, some Gobbledegucks and a Vampire. But that Dragoon wasn't pumped...

Once at Mandalia, I had a different Chocobo-guest battle coming from Igros. It was named Snow Wind and it was able to join for some reason...

And who can forget the Green Dragons guests VS Blue Dragons led by a lone Red, again at Mandalia?

Now, if only there was a guest Calculator battle...

Also... regarding Invite... in the Save Cloud battle, I noticed it to be somewhat easier to Invite. Strange... Invite seems to succeed more in this battle. I might've just been lucky, however...

conan
12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Are you actually able to use invite on someone who is already a guest?

Jowy
12-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Invite doesn't work on Guest units.

feioncastor
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
The classic is Zeklaus Desert with a single Knight versus a Bull Demon.

I've seen that one. The Knight stepped on a trap and was about as helpful as Delita or Algus as a guest for the entire fight.

I also seem to recall seeing a Guest Knight on Mandalia Plains, and several human enemies. I've seen that happen more than once. One time, the Knight's name was "Flansburgh".

I then proceeded to make up a backstory involving how Flansburgh was an estranged Hokuten Knight who disagreed with Dycedarg philosophically and was cast out of the Hokuten. But Dycedarg had forgotten that Flansburgh was carrying a piece of evidence that would ruin the Beoulve name forever, if the King were to see it. So Dycedarg hired several guys wearing green clothes to kill Flansburgh before he could have Dycedarg ousted from the Hokuten, and just in the nick of time Enrico Puerto Beoulve (yes, I did change Ramza's name to "Enrico Puerto") was passing by Mandalia on his way to Gariland to buy a Twist Headband for his cousin Rico Queso (my Chemist at the time, ty Soldier Office) and he stumbled upon the crooked plot and decided to get involved, by way of Earth Slashings.

I was gravely dissappointed when there was no interaction with Flansburgh after the fight. No "JOIN UP!" or anything.

Kinda killed the story for me.

Ragnarok
01-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Invite doesn't work on Guest units.

I think you are right. If it did work, I would love to send an invite Olan's way, Galaxy can completely ruin any fighting unit. But I guess that would throw the whole story line off so I'm better off without. ;)

dodhungry
01-13-2007, 02:30 AM
hmm I would have swore up and down I invited a female archer at one time...matter of fact she is still in that party on a save file.....but then again she may have been just a regular enemy.....im so confused :confused:

Snowy-Prower
01-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I forget the name of the area, but it's the lake that is on a downwerd slope, not the one where Delita appears, and I'm pretty sure that in the story battle you fight a bunch of chocobos, but yes, there is a random encounter where it's a mess of goblins ( Your guests. ) on the right side of the stage, and on the left, bull demons, and one... squid demon.. thing, leading them.. I think. But yes, your a good distence away and all I can think is it needs the lord of the rings theme playing in the background.