PDA

View Full Version : Fishing minigame?

Kuronama
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Is there such a thing? i heard it here and there.

remnant1
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
i heard about it too.it has somthing to do with barhiem passage.why not try looking there for a key item or somthing.

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2006, 06:15 AM
There is a man in Rabanastre who wants to fish (I believe he's somewhere in the Bazaar) the problem is, he doesn't have a fishing pole.

You can find it in Balfoheim. For a more detailed walkthru...
Speak to the "Fishing Enthusiest" whose fishing in the ocean close to the Aerodrome in Balfoheim. He talks about how great fishing is and hears your story about looking for a fishing pole. He tells you that it's difficult to get quality rods like the one he has, and tells you tough luck.

Walk over to the entrance of the Aerodrome, but don't go in. Return to the spot where the fisherman was, and he'll be gone. But you'll see something sparkling and it's his fishing pole. Swipe it and return it to the man in Rabanastre and the fishing game becomes avalaible.

Kuronama
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
awesome thanks alot.

LazarCotoron
12-12-2006, 11:26 PM
...'fishing minigame'?

I thought this was Final Fantasy, not Breath of Fire or Zelda.

abrojtm
12-13-2006, 12:51 AM
...'fishing minigame'?

I thought this was Final Fantasy, not Breath of Fire or Zelda.

Yea, there have never been minigames in FF that had nothing to do with anything in the game.
*cough*snowboarding, ship minigame, butterfly catching*cough*

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 07:48 AM
I was wrong about the location of the guy looking for the fishing pole...

He's in the village in the Dalmasca Estersand (It has the boat)

Good luck and have fun;)

LazarCotoron
12-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Yea, there have never been minigames in FF that had nothing to do with anything in the game.
*cough*snowboarding, ship minigame, butterfly catching*cough*

You forgot motorcycle racing. *nod nod*

I was merely pointing out that *FISHING* mini games have traditionally been the territory of Breath of Fire, and more recently, Zelda. And this is horrible, but I love fishing in Okami.

It just strikes me as odd that now we're adding FFXII to the list of games to have a fishing game in them. I mean, this might sound REALLY out there to you guys, but I was kinda' hoping for a Raiden-style scrolling shooter mini game with the airships, or maybe even Chocobo Jousting... course... that opens up the horrible possibility of a 128 bit remake of the ancient arcade game 'Joust'... and it'd be really easy since Chocobos and ostriches are nearly the same animal...

I just weirded myself out. I'm going to bed.

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2006, 08:03 AM
, or maybe even Chocobo Jousting... course... that opens up the horrible possibility of a 128 bit remake of the ancient arcade game 'Joust'... and it'd be really easy since Chocobos and ostriches are nearly the same animal...

Good lord!!! Do you even remember playing Joust?! It played horribly! Has nostalgia clouded your mind?;)