PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatum

Martyr
12-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I would start this thread with a brief story about one country receiving an ultimatum from another, but I don't remember any specific dates and events.

So I'll start with that my profeessor sent me an ultimatum stating that if I don't get my rear in gear, I may be in danger of failing a course, the one single solitary last course I have upon which my graduation is dependant.

Pretty scary stuff.

Tell me about horrifying ultimatums you've received and the overwhelmingly challenging obstacles that you have had to break through in order to succeed.

Or did you fail?

I'll finish this thread when I've finished the obstacles. TTFN

black orb
12-11-2006, 11:55 PM
>>> Im always receiving ultimatum from my family, they want me to stop slacking off and find a job or something.. :D

Avarice-ness
12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Well I don't really think I've had to many ultimatums.

But my boss' will be getting one. I'm the lowest paid worker at work (as usual. u u) and even the new hires (which there are like 7 or 8 a week) get paid 30 cents more than me, and I've been there 6 months and havn't seen any kind of raise. And yet, the managers tell me I'm a great worker, they ask me if I can work extra hours because I'm reliable, yet all I get to show for it is the lowest wage (that I know of) in the store.

I'll have a second job to back me up though. I plan to do this after the X-mas season, It'd be cruel to just up and quit regardless of the circumstances.

Either a raise of anything or I quit.

Roto13
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I'll double what they pay you if you come over to my house. :bigsmile:

VengefulRonin
12-12-2006, 12:54 AM
>>> Im always receiving ultimatum from my family, they want me to stop slacking off and find a job or something.. :D

Same -__-

abrojtm
12-12-2006, 02:12 AM
If I ever fake illness at work to go out and party and get caught making plans on my phone, I'm fired--apparently.

Avarice-ness
12-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I'll double what they pay you if you come over to my house. :bigsmile:

And then I wouldn't have to worry about making lots of money! Roto you're a doll. :razz:

Bunny
12-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Four of my best friends got into a fight with my older brother. Afterwards, they presented me with one ultimatum: Keep their friendship and ruin the relationship with my brother or choose my brother and lose their friendship.

I am no longer their friend.

The choices they gave me were rather stupid, we were in sixth grade at the time, but it was still a pretty stupid move. I decided that from here on out my general response to any ultimatum that demands I choose between two different people, or groups of people, will be answered with me telling the person(s) who are telling me to make a decision to get bent. Regardless of who they are and who I feel about them.