PDA

View Full Version : DingDong go the wedding bells!

Avarice-ness
12-12-2006, 03:08 AM
When I was a kid I used to always want a summer wedding, prolly 'cause I lived on the beach, but now I'd want a winter wedding somewhere in the mountains.

What's your ideal season to want to get married?

Shlup
12-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Spring, but I got married in the Summer 'cause having a wedding towards the end of my last quarter of my BA program would've sucked.

Bunny
12-12-2006, 03:13 AM
I am against the present day idea behind marriages. Therefore, it is unlikely that I will get married.

Martyr
12-12-2006, 03:50 AM
I've always wanted one of those outdoorsey kinds of weddings, out in a grove or something, but whatever chica wants, chica gets.

escobert
12-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Fall in Vermont.

Yamaneko
12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Winter. Like my cold heart.

Miriel
12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Fall, outdoor wedding.

I'd like something very small and intimate. Although I'll probably end up having two weddings just to please the parents.

escobert
12-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Why would there be any need for two?

fire_of_avalon
12-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Early fall back at home, just as color starts to hit the poplars and maples, but there'll still be a lot of green and the days will be nice and cool. Yes yes. :)

Savern Volaco
12-12-2006, 04:08 AM
Sky diving one would be good?

~*~Celes~*~
12-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Late spring/early summer, outdoors during a bright, sunny day :) Cherry blossoms swirling in the wind and lots of flowers make a bootiful day for a wedding, I think =]

rubah
12-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Late springtime before it gets hot.

Miriel
12-12-2006, 04:32 AM
Why would there be any need for two?

Well. Parents have made it clear that they would practically die of grief if I didn't have a tradtional Korean wedding.

I am unwilling to give up my own ideas of a dream wedding for their's.

So, compromise. Two weddings. Ta da!

I actually know a lot of Asian people who have Americanized weddings and then also have more traditional Chinese, Korean, etc, ceremonies.

escobert
12-12-2006, 04:35 AM
Ohhh, ok I see :D cool.

Chemical
12-12-2006, 05:29 AM
I'll probably have my wedding in HELL when it freezes over.

Zeromus_X
12-12-2006, 05:33 AM
It would have to be the late fall/early winter. :) :cat:

Little Blue
12-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Winter I guess. I want it to snow when I get married one day. :D

Renmiri
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM

ROFL... Is it just me or do you hate the idea of getting married ? ;)

It's not so bad, and makes things much easier when you live together and / or have kids together. :)

It was raining on my wedding day. Mom said it was thanks to all the umbrellas I held open in the house while playing as a kid (brazilian superstition).

Hopefully the other brazilian folk tale won't come true - rainy day in wedding=sorrow and tears in marriage - and this wedding will last. So far so good :love:

Jebus
12-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I see weddings as superfluous, and exceedingly ostentatious, displays of wealth, and thus, I won't be having one if I can help it.

And thanks to a couple personality disorders, erotophobia, and the fact that I don't want children, I doubt I'll ever be forced into it either.

Breine
12-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Having a wedding in the summer time seems ideal - I don't really care that much, though. Up until this thread I have never given it any thoughts.

Jowy
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd want to do it in summer. That way when I drive to Vegas for the drive-thru wedding of love, the roads will be nice.

Chemical
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM

ROFL... Is it just me or do you hate the idea of getting married ? ;)

I might get married one day; but this will be when everyone (particularily homosexuals) has the same rights. Also I'm skeptical of marriage, it's a serious contract and I don't see myself ever wanting to be restricted, period. I just wouldn't have the indepedence I thrive off of and really it's my intense sense of rebelion and individuality that makes me comfortable with who I am... Marriage would just lower me into being another surbanite* working towards a senseless (imo) "American Dream."

But this could all change as soon as I hit my midlife crisis.
God Forbid.

* By lower I don't mean to imply that surbanites are insuperior to me, but that it would lower the standards of living I have for myself.

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I would prefer a winter wedding. Somewhere in the mountains would be nice. Then everyone could stay there for a while, go skiing or something, and enjoy themselves. It would also be a great place for a honeymoon.

Pike
12-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Doesn't particularly matter for me, since I'm pretty sure I'm getting married indoors. (Actually we haven't really discussed it, but yeah.)

But I think right now we're planning late summer simply because that's when it's most convenient for all our intarweb-friends to show up :choc2:

Rye
12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Awww, I want to go to StephaNick's wedding. ;_;

Um... I have no idea. I honestly haven't thought a lot about marriage, considering I'm 16. I think I'd like it in the Fall, though, like in September.

Xander
12-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Hm, I'd want it to be warm cos I can't stand the cold. :)

Dr Unne
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I imagine the justice of the peace has regulated temperature in whatever office he or she may operate out of, so the weather isn't a big concern.

yumi
12-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I want to get married in December when it's cold. I've got the whole thing planned out. The groom is of course entirely optional

:kaoyatta:

Jojee
12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Spring, because it sounds so nice and friendly and young and pretty ^_^ But it rains a lot so maybe fall. :3

~*~Celes~*~
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
That'd be cool to have my honeymoon in France or England <3

I Am Stoner
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Anytime of the year for me as long as there is a bar nearby.:D

Savern Volaco
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
marage-*thinks and ponders* nope but you know it might be nice to relax a bit stop traversing the world and such and writing tales but you know I really don't have to think much...I might die lonelly I guess...*sighs* oh well I guess I can adopt or somthing I guess.???and why is it that...never mind just a thought. way my childhood is gone and no one knows me at least the real me, I bet I could ask around and stuff.

Relena
12-13-2006, 02:31 AM
I'd prefer a wedding in the spring...but I don't mind getting married in the other seasons though...I just prefer spring....

Elite Lord Sigma
12-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Spring, so I could enjoy the beauty of the surroundings and wouldn't sweat to death in my tuxedo.

Leen-Leen
12-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Sping, it would be be pretty. xD Then again, people might be suffering from allergies from spring, so maybe fall or something.

Polaris
12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't really care as long is not on Winter! :( Is cold and every guest would be shivering! :lol:

Christmas
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
MATING SEASON :bigsmile:

Lacus Clyne
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I must say, I would prefer a wedding in spring, all the flowers and the clear blue sky, it would be so peacful and cheerful.

Loony BoB
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Knowing my reputation for having girlfriends in countries that are not New Zealand, I'll probably have two weddings - one in her country, one in mine. For example, if Danielle and I are still together in however-many years and decide to get married, it's likely I'll get married in Scotland for her side of the family, return to New Zealand, and have another wedding their for my side of the family.

Oh, and summer, most likely. I want there to be a very low chance of rain.

I Am Stoner
12-13-2006, 01:02 PM
MATING SEASON :bigsmile:

Mmmm, Christmas knows it.;D

Twisted Tinkerbell
12-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I would rather peel the skin from my back and roll around in salt than get married.
(Before anyone mentions that I was engaged, I'm no longer engaged and my views have changed back to what they were prior to meeting Iceglow.)

Rydia of Mist
12-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Thy and I keep getting the urge to elope and get hitched privately earlier on, and then have a proper civil union/wedding/whatever around summer of '08, but we're not sure exactly how that'll work. So, all in all, we just want a small summer wedding in Vermont, so all my family and friends who live here can attend. He doesn't give a :skull::skull::skull::skull: if anyone from France can come, because most of them don't really care anyway.

Jess
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Summer. I get cold quite easily so I like the summer so much more. :jess:

Tempest
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Late during the spring so it's warm and all the plants are a pretty color. :bigsmile:

Nominus Experse
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Autumn, due to the obvious display of warm, rich colours coupled with the refreshing brisk of the cooling air. If anyone becomes chill, they are free to remedy the situation by drinking from the bar...

A honeymoon in Ireland, France, or New Zealand would be absolutely superb.

LoveArya
12-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Early summer, late spring. As long as I am happy with who I marry.

rubah
12-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Knowing my reputation for having girlfriends in countries that are not New Zealand, I'll probably have two weddings - one in her country, one in mine. For example, if Danielle and I are still together in however-many years and decide to get married, it's likely I'll get married in Scotland for her side of the family, return to New Zealand, and have another wedding their for my side of the family.

Oh, and summer, most likely. I want there to be a very low chance of rain.

Sadly Scotland and New Zealand experience summers at very different times of year, don't they? xD

Hambone
12-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Winter. In Nova Scotia. Outside. Wearing only boxers.

Rusty
12-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Summer. Spring it too allergy ;_; Winter is too cold and Autumn is too everything - everything dies in that season.

Renmiri
12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Summer. Spring it too allergy ;_; Winter is too cold and Autumn is to everything - everything dies in that season.

Allergies! Fall used to be my favorite season but now with my eyes tearing and my nose stuffy :(

I used to love fall and spring, now I finally got hay fever after living in US for too long. It sucks!! :mad:

My next wedding will be in Winter! :D

(to the same guy of course! We are having our 10 year anniversary in a few days :love: :love: :love: )